What is Jow Forums‘s favorite linux distro?

what is Jow Forums‘s favorite linux distro?

Attached: 46D4AF09-6A77-4356-AC15-0980BF077580.png (265x314, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2strdv/networkmanager_does_not_work_without_systemd_in/
devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/migrate-to-ascii
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/NETWORKING.md#wifi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1528036283194.png (1024x749, 196K)

Attached: bluepiSW.jpg (232x227, 44K)

Manjaro. The white man's choice.

you will always be a mutt

Attached: cache_2073dcf6-c182-430f-c385-c9da4178a539.png (2400x1284, 1.28M)

none
my favourite cancer is brain cancer, though

Linux Mint. It's the only "just werkz" distro that actually just werkz.

Fedora. The real just werks white man's choice.

Attached: Fedora-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 112K)

Arch, its the Linux for Chads

Attached: archcuck.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>try fedora in a vm
>get some python error in the installer
centos too, why cant they make a fucking functioning installer

Attached: machi10.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

LFS
because im not a nigger who cant build his own software repository and package manager

fuck off jew

I like both openSUSE and Arch though for very different reasons

AWWWWW
IS THE UBUNTU NIGGER UPSET?

don’t act like you don’t have a $200 ubuntu notebook hidden in your couch

Void

Attached: D.jpg (512x512, 11K)

Attached: 573px-Gentoo_Linux_logo_matte.svg.png (573x600, 75K)

HAIL

Enjoy your NSA botnet.

Attached: Fedora.png (500x815, 109K)

actually I bet these are all prepared and posted by the same guy from a windows or ubuntu machine probably to see if that causes more responses

Attached: 1417712220744.gif (475x347, 486K)

Solus

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-09 18-30-07.png (1600x900, 1.33M)

i dont own a laptop period, im not a faggot zoomer

Ubuntu
just werks on desktop
just werks on the server
just werks with docker
it just werks.

>implying
You lost that bet
>Niggerlinux

Attached: IMG_20190210_013910.jpg (492x256, 44K)

Attached: 15486973574990.png (2275x1624, 383K)

>3.9999
>uptime 2m

baseado y rojoempastillado

I use Crux. I cant switch, its just too good.

I'd move Gentoo up to Slackware, otherwise very accurate chart.

You fuckin wish bitch

Did someone really create a distro for children?

yeah, it's called arch

Devuan is for Chads only

Package manager: you got me

Linux noob here but this is a shit chart. I did a lot of distrohopping, I tried opensuse and fedora and they were absolute shit, especially fedora. Debian also sucks.
I've settled with arch.
Best distro by far.
Just works.

Dumb finnishposter

Quick question, I'm installing devuan and I can't get network-manager to work, all options on nm-applet look grayed out even though I'm in the netdev group, I thought it was maybe because I uninstalled elogind but I installed it again and still no work, wicd works but I would prefer using nm.
Or does network-manager simply doesn't work without systemd?

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2strdv/networkmanager_does_not_work_without_systemd_in/

The best

Attached: 1200pxOpenSUSE_officiallogocolor.svg.png (1200x760, 64K)

dumb dumbposter

Reading these comments makes me want to go back to Arch

but then I think back to all the times I had to spent 30-60 minutes just trying to do/change something.

never again, it's just not worth it. I'm mostly happy with fedora, also want to check out opensuse.

>The daemon needs to verify that it's a locally logged in / authenticated user, (Not a script, not a remote ) unless it's root.
>To verify this, NetworkManager has two codepaths. One for ConsoleKit (Deprecated) and one for systemd-logind.
So shouldn't it work with elogind?
elogind is running, nm-applet lists the connections but doesn't let me edit anything and gives me "Not authorized to control networking" like if I wasn't in netdev group.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1507677442876.jpg (500x375, 57K)

I use network manager on void

Attached: 1547450106576.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

connman is really underrated. It’s literally plaintext files you edit, or you can use connman-ui for a basic GUI to connect and input passwords. It’s much better than wicd or networkmanager.

I see, thanks, in that case should work on devuan too so the problem must be between the chair and the keyboard.
I just got the idea that nm doesn't work because it says here to install wicd devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/migrate-to-ascii and I wasn't sure if they meant just during the migration or permanently, but would be stupid for devuan to keep the network-manager package if it doesn't work (well, I guess it works as root so could still be useful if user doesn't mind using it as root).
Anyway, I should be able to fix whatever reason nm isn't working.
Maybe an alternative, I just like nm because I'm used to it and has many option regarding MAC spoofing and automatically connects to my android's USB threading, though I can live with manually connecting to it.

NixOS masterrace here

Second this

Attached: 676.jpg (900x600, 42K)

Fedora, Debian, and Manjaro are what I’m down to

i don't like linux and am not fond of any par4ticular distro, i only use it because it's not as bad as windows or osx

pretty accurate
yep it's working correctly

The one most simple

Attached: sup.png (1280x800, 496K)

still using wicd

That sounds good. I've had enough of networkmanager and wicd shitting their pants for absolutely no fucking reason.

I'd use /etc/network/interfaces, is by far the most simple option

Well, this is a laptop, I wouldn't use a network manager for ethernet.

Dragora, Dyne:bolic, gNewSense, GuixSD, Hyperbola, Parabola, PureOS, Trisquel, Ututo S, libreCMC, ProteanOS, TempleOS.

Eh, I actually use wpa_supplicant in my laptop, true story
See this github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/NETWORKING.md#wifi

oh, using wpa_supplicant sounds like a pain if I just want to connect to someone's wifi really quick, also I have connection problems all the time and I'm frequently resetting wifi connection (or at least did last time i used the computer I'm installing Devuan on) so being able to drag the mouse to the system tray and click reconnect is important, well I guess I could just write a simple script for that but using nm seems more practical.

Is it any good for learning RHCSA?

Any anons want to chime in that have industry experience on Linux/certs in general for someone new to this? I hate my fucking job and want to make a change.

Attached: paperPencil.png (1024x649, 251K)

Dunno if it's my fav but right now on this really really old computer I've been trying xubuntu. I'm pretty linux newbie though but I saw that this one was more for computers that were old like this one is.

Well, I don't know about your connection problems but that sounds like a job for a script binded to a hotkey. Anyway I think if you don't know how to make those then I see your point.

I can think of many ways to make the script but nm is just more practical since it does everything for me and has a super quick to use interface.

Attached: solus.jpg (375x140, 11K)

All wrong answers
MacOS

Attached: 1549672364545.png (500x281, 177K)

I just want my own distro that's really just like debian or something but with my own name and logo

crappy, Ubuntu and Debian are better fucking nigger
see >the cuckboy choice
yeah, seems about right. Even more unstable than arch with the benefit of not being as customizable
this No, for RHCSA you use a 7.0 or so version. Behavior may not be exactly the same. It has the same tools but updated so that may be a drawback for the test if you rely in a new function.
>kevin
>Linux: windows
>hurr Mac is a Linux distribution

Attached: 1545365451204.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

what the fuck are all of you faggots talking about just use netctl

>No, for RHCSA you use a 7.0 or so version. Behavior may not be exactly the same. It has the same tools but updated so that may be a drawback for the test if you rely in a new function.

What about CentOS then?

This.

Ubuntu netinstall

what's the difference between ubuntu and debian testing? i'm new to linux and find apt more user friendly but i'm spooked by canonical's pratices so i'd like to stay away

bro don’t listen to the freetards. I distrohopped for years & followed all the Jow Forums trends. ubuntu is SECURE as any other distro. you can customize it from the ground up like any other distro. but the one thing other distros don’t have, that ubuntu does, is a very robust support community & any tutorial ANYWHERE always has a dedicated section for ubuntu. There is nothing wrong with taking the easier route, because you are still learning the same concepts about security, etc.

>Implying it isn't

Attached: 1549477069720.jpg (682x1024, 164K)

I mean, you could use Fedora in your personal machine and practice for the certification in a virtual machine of RHEL 7.0 iso,.
CentOS in your personal machine, I've heard people do that when they work for those certifications or run Red Hat at work since they are used to it. Or you can even use RHEL for free, registering yourself in red hat developer. Since it's for learning I think the best option is the first one, as the only things you do in the certification is server stuff that runs fine in virtual machines. And you get the best desktop performance with new features, unless you are the "if not broken don't fix it" kind of guy even for your desktop, and if you don't like bothering rebooting.
What matters is that the behavior is the same as in the certification.
Though you can pretty much get bigger uptimes in fedora by just going with the --security option when updating, then you check with dnf needs-restarting if you need to reboot for the upgrade to be applied (sometimes old versions will keep on running and is easier to just reboot everything), in CentOS there's a similar plugin for yum.

ouch.

god i love Jow Forums

Y-you too!

>Or you can even use RHEL for free

Attached: wickWhoa.jpg (551x549, 46K)

obviously Jow Forums's favorite distro is gentoo because it's based af. otherwise fedora because it fucking werks *hat tip*

it's been some years since they did that.
it's so people that use red hat at work can have a free copy at home for labs, you can even have like 10 virtual machines, I don't remember what was the limit. 1 bare metal + a bunch of virtual machines per account.
But is not to be used to make profit renting the machine as a cloud or shit like that

your cool too I guess

Is MX linux worth installing? Is the softwares up to dates?

It's Gentoo but really everyone knows it's actually Arch.
>Arch user btw

Attached: iusearchbtw.jpg (480x360, 19K)

does debian testing suitable for work tho? i only tried unstable every update always breaks something

arrrrrrrg

>install literally any distro
>comes with a ton of stuff that I don't know what does it do
>install arch
>comes with absolutely NOTHING so I can install whatever I want on it and keep track of it

the choice is obvious

shoo shoo bloatniggers

Attached: hurtful truth.jpg (225x225, 13K)

WSL, you get the useful parts of a Linux distro with a functional OS

>can't shill arch so he shills wangblows
shame on you

If I wanted to why couldn't I shill arch? I don't get it.
I only need Linux as a build environment and WSL works well enough for that.

what’s wrong with opensuse?

windows

Attached: windows-10-s-wallpaper.jpg (3840x2160, 789K)

botnet

based

redpilled

cringe

4.0 never

Linux is a kernel, the only a acceptable distribution is the official Linus Torvalds release. Don't accept shitty canonical, NSA, or fedora bitch patched kernels.