/guts/ - Finally some good fans edition

NF-P's on the top, bottom and exhaust
The computer has never been this quiet, but we'll see later how it does in gaymes

Attached: IMG_3029.jpg (1600x1200, 588K)

I'm slightly annoyed all my leds are different.

Attached: IMG_20190124_174233_042.jpg (3492x4365, 3.27M)

>Finally some good fans
>redux and normal
>no IndustrialPPC

Attached: IMG_20190209_205530~2.jpg (3349x2137, 1.21M)

might replace my fans with poo fans if they make an updated 140mm like their newer 120mm.

Attached: 2018-12-01 18.01.54.jpg (2001x1899, 1.05M)

>IndustrialPPC
too loud, also more expensive

I call this "Mildly Better Yet Still A Complete Disaster Edition". I'd even dare call it my grandest masterpiece.

Color inconsistency and idiotic case structure aside, I'd say I'm quite satisfied with that.

Attached: total mess.png (1920x1280, 3.66M)

Cable managing cases that aren't really meant to is so therapeutic

Attached: Ghost S1-min.png (2170x1254, 1.17M)

What Noctua fan should I buy to replace the one on my Hyper 212??

Noctua A12x25

But you should just replace the heatsink at that point.

Attached: DSC_0072-2.jpg (1620x1080, 260K)

Attached: autism box.jpg (3109x2876, 3.76M)

These kind of Guts look so much better than RGB based ones. Coordination without fruity ass lights.

If only it wasn't dated as fuck hardware

my i5 [email protected] hasnt die on me yet.
with a 1070 it still serve me well.

Oh i know, i've been seeing it for years.

how's the gpu heatsink? considering something like that for myself

ITX boards in mid towers always triggers me. Why no get an ITX case?

Ridiculous. Allows me run the fans below audible all the time.
It's just as good (but quieter) as an AIO, and I did try both.

nice, reference blower is really starting to piss me off when i pause music. might get one sooner rather than later then

Attached: cases-are-gay.jpg (2016x1512, 341K)

They're really good, I've got the caseless one on the desk and even in a pull configuration that cooler is simply obscene for cooling, that graphics card is pulling about 320watts by itself and it's STILL barely audible.

>affords eeveelution cup instead of regular cup
>can't be bothered to get a cheap case
but why

Cooling my brother, 500watts of heat doesn't vent very well in an ITX case.

Only retards by Industrial series and put them in normal use systems.
1. You won't be running them at speeds higher than other fans due to noise and zero need.
2. You are overpaying for features like water resistance and high fan speeds you won't use.

I like Noctua but I'd rather get BeQuiet these days

what's the name of that case

then, why go itx?

Is IPPC that good? Does it really better than regular one?

how about this one?
it's rattle-can safety yellow, just happened to match the case trim, which is In Win's Big Ugly Case 101

Attached: 20190210_015020.jpg (1400x1102, 774K)

That's a nice looking mobo.

Replaced my wraith prism with an NH-D15 yesterday, I ear an improvement during tasks like gaming or compiling but it still gets a little too noisy for my taste during less resource-requiring activities like programming or even idling.
My case (NZXT H500) is not reputed to be completely silent either but i’m thinking about replacing the stock fans that i’m currently using.

Any other ideas I can try before spending my hard-earned money?

Attached: image.jpg (181x194, 15K)

Have you set a custom fan curve? You should have the fans at the lowest possible rpm while idle and light load. I personally keep my fans at the lowest rpm until ~70c even after load.

An NH-D15 shouldn't really ever be loud unless you're on high load or stress test.

Yeah I don't think the problem comes from the NH-D15 but from the stock fans of the case, i didn't really have time to tweak my fan curve since yesterday but I might try that tonight as i'm at work atm.
I will also set my 2700X back to its stock clock (currently oc'd at 4.2GHz), as I don't really need it to be this high anymore now that I think about it.

not mine
ravens are gei

Attached: LL.jpg (1328x747, 269K)

>when you set out to make your build look nice and give up halfway through because it's too much effort

STILL waiting on my new Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 in the mail edition. I have the 140mm Be Quiet! Case fans sitting to the side with PWM splitters ready to go.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_28534122565973_20181118_131449957.jpg (2048x1533, 1.22M)

Attached: NO RGB.jpg (724x720, 179K)

I thought I was the only one to ever buy that Cooler Master GPU bracket! Thing works great. Also those fans, are those the CM Jetflo fans? I can't seem to find them anymore unless they're clear and come with RGB nonsense.

superior rotational velocidensity

Nope, those are Masterfan Pro (non-rgb).
Should have brought Noctua instead.

wtf is that crusty looking soundcard doing?

Why do you put heatsinks on the coils?

Asus Prime x470-Pro

I never understand why do people put support on the GPUs.
How did you even get to the point it sags considerably? It looks like a mid range GPU that's neither very long or heavy.
I put a large Morpheus cooler with 2 large fans on my long PCB card and there's minimal sag considering massive weight. Stock GPUs shouldn't sag at all, let alone those mid range GPUs.

My old stock MSI GTX 970 sagged hard from day one. It depends on the card.

>Stock GPUs shouldn't sag at all
My old Sapphire R7 260x does sag though. And that even lighter than RX580.

Why can't r*ddit do real bends?

Attached: mbx_mkii_003_01.jpg (1355x903, 421K)

They say all the time what are you talking about? Some cards are even coming with GPU braces from the factory now. And seeing as a GPU brace can be had for sub $15, why not? Nothing kills a build more than a GPU that looks like it has downs.

Is that the overpriced, overhyped MurderBox case? What a waste of money. All of that cash thrown away on a box for nothing more than reverse ATX mounting and room for a single 480mm radiator.

Yeah but it's beautiful.

Post a better looking case, it literally doesn't exist.

Attached: mbx_mkii_003_06.jpg (1355x903, 495K)

>All that money solely for looks
Lol. And looks are subjective. I personally prefer a big cube that I can stuff two or three 420mm or larger radiators into with no case window.

psst
your gpu fans seem to be inside out

Bitfenix Prodigy M
don't buy unless you like challenges, both in building and in temps

sounds
also it's covering a pci slot that I don't have a matching cover for

I mean I GUESS I could replace it with a USB 3.0 card for example, since I'm told that mobo actually has good audio

Any case without a bunch of useless fucking drive bays and housing for them cluttering up the front of it. The Evolv X fits nine SSDs and four hard drives in the cable management section alone.

Been there done that. Honestly after 360mm you see diminishing returns. The first rad will dissipate 95% of the heat leaving the rest to do jack shit. It only impresses newbies that you have 3 $100 radiators and that's about it.

The evolv x is definitely the current best looking non boutique case. It looks good, but far, far from a murderbox.

I personally like the way
looks rather than

drill a hole in your wall and put your computer in another room my dude. (You could also probably feed the cables under your door if you can't make holes in your walls). And if your cables won't fit under your door, you can almost close the door while your computer is outside. It will really reduce noise leves aswell.

will attach guts picture in the next post

Attached: 2019-02-10 22.37.59.jpg (1500x968, 142K)

Attached: 2019-02-01 (guts).jpg (2500x1667, 852K)

not fire code violation at all

So this is a Xeon E3-1231v3, which afaik is essentially a 4770 without iGPU. When I fire prime95 on this, it gets to 70ish C but only after a while. If I run the same on OP pic related which is a 4790, it gets to 80C very quickly. The Xeon system exhausts hot air, the i7 only lukewarm. The i7 system is louder as well, the fans ramp up more.

Can the Noctua tower be broken, or is the Hyper 212 evo just that good? I suppose I could have installed the Noctua wrong somehow but I've done enough of these to think it's unlikely.

Attached: IMG_4657.jpg (3648x2736, 1.14M)

post yours if you're gonna talk shit

Is the NF-F12 no good?
And I just want the Noctua for aesthetics desu senpai

The NF-F12 is good, but it's not their flagship fan anymore. The a12x25 cools better while being substantially quieter. They're pretty expensive at $30 a pop though. People have even been replacing their NF-A14 fans with a12x25 fans because this new 120mm fan is outperforming their 140mm fans.

Damn $30 is almost twice the price I paid for my Hyper 212.
Do you think it's that much better than the stock CM fan?

Not on a Hyper 212. There's only so much mass on the 212 and more airflow would only be incrementally better for it. For a 212, I probably wouldn't bother changing the fan unless it's for aesthetics. In that case just choose whatever fan fits.

Essentially the bigger the heatsink or thicker the radiator the more your fans have an effect on performance.

Hmm aight user, you've convinced me not to get a Noctua.
Any recs for a better looking fan that isn't that expensive?

Attached: BESTGUTS.jpg (2016x1512, 571K)

Hey guys, Timothy here again.

I know you all missed my guts while I was gone. Nothing has changed much with them except I added some more pop figures.

-Timothy

Attached: Timothy.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

g'day Tim

Timme Timme

>Hmm aight user, you've convinced me not to get a Noctua.
Allow me to play Devil's Advocate here; Noctua fans will last you well over a decade each, the extra cost reflects their lifespan. You really won't need to buy another set of fans for at least 10 years - I'm still using their LGA1366 cooler with a push-pull setup since 2009, no sign of degradation yet.

daum

um

Attached: Dell T1600.jpg (1500x2000, 715K)

alright this better work

I dismantled an AM4 NH-U12S I had lying around, swapped in the intel bits and installed it. I won't have a Ryzen system to put this in any time soon

If this doesn't improve the cpu temps then nothing will

Attached: IMG_3031.jpg (1600x1200, 592K)

Noctua P14 or A14, which is better?

Couldn't tell ya

Some say the A is newer and at least the mounting seems different

>overspending on fans

Attached: IMG_3032.jpg (1600x1200, 443K)

Hmm aight user, you've convinced me to get a Noctua.
Probably going to cheap out and just get the NF-F12 instead of the $30 one

the holes cut in the case would be funnier if the wires were tidy

Attached: gutsmaster.jpg (4608x3072, 2.87M)

Started building the radiator cabinet yesterday
>measure distance between screwholes
>get variable distances
>9mm between one set, 11 between the other one
>"yeah they're clearly both 10mm, I'm just measuring it wrong"
>drill holes
>tfw none of the screws fit

Attached: IMG_20190206_175050.jpg (1080x2895, 1.47M)

Should've gotten a mora3 and be done with it.

I'd still want a cabinet for it, because I want to use it as a stand for the computer. I did get the screws to fit, just needed to enlarge the holes.

Attached: 1530029033623.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

>radeon
>having to drill a hole and put the computer into the other room just to deal with the noise
It all makes sense now...

how well does the custom GPU cooler perform?
Temps, noise?
How easy is it to install/uninstall for reuse with future GPUS?

I'm one of the other two people in this thread. I know the 2080 Ti has contact area issues with it, as well as Polaris cards because the die isn't tall enough. Other than that it's pretty much universally compatible and a really good investment in the future so you can buy a good PCB without having to pay for a card with a big cooler that still has no chance of competing with the Morpheus.
Mounting hardware could be a bit better but that too can be replaced with general purpose screws and nuts.

>as well as Polaris cards because the die isn't tall enough
I've tried Accelero Xteme IV and Morpheus, and both fit great. However I did use my own mounting hardware (4 screws + 4 nuts, reallly), because stock mounts are finicky as fuck.

Using custom screws fixes the issue with Polaris cards, yeah. The stock hexagonal screws will prevent proper contact unless you put absurd amounts of thermal paste.

I would love a modern case with top mounted PSU and some decent room behind the motherboard for routing wires. That looks clean.

That's the price you pay for performance, goy.

Attached: IMG_20190111_171606 r.jpg (1876x1500, 770K)

Attached: box1.jpg (1016x726, 143K)

Pretty nice. Someone should really tell Arctic to stop with the gamery shapes, though.

It's a functional shape. They tried to cram as much fin as possible and the retarded looking cut in part is just so that your screwdriver can access the screw that holds it onto the mounting mechanism.

Alright, I believe you. A shame it had to look like this, though.

My accelero fan failed and those fuckers wanted $20+25 int shipping for a replacement.

Arctic shit are all proprietary fan mounts. I will never buy anything from them again.

Won't they replace the whole cooler in such an event? FDB fans shouldn't fail before a good 5 years.

It failed within 6 months and the fans were a purchaseable detachable unit. I had to zip tie fans onto the heatsink which immediately made my rig look like shit. I was so poor at the time and I was super angry at them.

As I said, they should've replaced everything needed free of charge. Unless you didn't tell them, that's just bad practice.

altough arctic is known as the budget king their products are actually terribly inconsistent. Just try to run auto calibrations on their PWM case fans and you'll get numbers all over the place. I got the arctic in the picture cause it's one of the few 4x heatpipe towercoolers