Um, I suck at math, could it still be possible to be good with coding and stuff?

Um, I suck at math, could it still be possible to be good with coding and stuff?

I'm mostly on the computer and want an area where I'm just on the computer and make decent money

Attached: 1549580154843.jpg (680x797, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kodewithklossy.com/
ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_math_review.pdf
ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/khan_academy
people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof2/BookOfProof.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no probably not

You need to Kode with Klossy

Learn math by yourself, from grade basic arithmetic to top.
And learn python/matlab to fully ultilize your PC as your other brain.
Don't rely on anyone.
You will eventually get good at programming and everything in your life.

user, what the hell is this? I'm a boy

kodewithklossy.com/

Attached: 1549031464725.png (923x1180, 1.25M)

then why are you bad at math retard

Learning disability, teachers said that I'm a bit slow and stuff. I was in those special classes, I had a tough life, user.

But I'm great with reading though, I guess that's something..right?

Attached: 1549049050527.png (954x1098, 1.31M)

Your teach is not correct.
I used to be told that too, always last in my class.
Now I better at math and programming than most of them.
Don't let it get to you my friend.

I guess you're right but I'm like 30 now and it's looking bleek, could I even catch up to get on top?

it's took 6 months to learn from basic
crash course:
ets.org/s/gre/pdf/gre_math_review.pdf

ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/khan_academy

After this learn about matrices and matrices math in Linear Agebra this is useful.

Then if you want to learn more dip in to Calculus, Math is fun site is more than enough to get the concepts.

3Blue1Brown channel has great concepts video on both linear algebra and caculus from very basic.

Instead of solving problem on paper and pen try to coding in matlab or python, and plotting to see the result with your own eyes.

In my opinion, I think people like us always doubting, so we can't believe without seeing. This unconciously become our weak point, because we are very hard to be indoctrinated. The best way to learn math for people like us is via animation -- seeing by our eyes.

cute lolis

also as for Linear Algebra and Calculus,
Manga guide to Linear Algebra and Manga guide calculus is very interesting.
You may find it easier to grab than traditional textbook.

You're cute.

Attached: CS math skills.png (596x443, 46K)

cute Homu

You can try, but only if it's math-only disability.
If you have problems with logical thinking and understanding weird processes, you'll be frustrated with programming.

I failed calculus as many times as my university allowed.
I was terrible with numbers, kept forgetting signs, mixed up results. Barely passed because professors insisted on everyone being a human calculator.
Now I have a MSc and work with AI and never really felt that my math ability was lacking.

Check if you can get the basics.
It shouldn't take more than a week to get to fizzbuzz level. If you can at least fizzbuzz and invert a string without a tutorial, you're a part of the 40% of the population that can actually learn to understand programming.
The remaining 60% would need titanic effort to actually get basic shit, so if you're one of those, it's unlikely to be worth it.

Attached: 1544663293765.gif (498x278, 558K)

Thanks user, that's what I'm planning on doing this year.

Good at math ability and good at computer science ability is the empty set. They are not related at all. I've known great computer scientists terrible at math. I know mathematicians only there because they flunked computer science's intro to programming course. I'm one. So is my research sponsor.

Yes. There's literally millions of galaxy brains giving you answers on Google.
Googling is the only skill that matters.

haha what a funny thread lol!!! i loved it when you posted it last week haha!!!!!

Depends on how bad you are at math, that said I know people who are good at logical thinking but not particularly good at math, and they are good/decent coders in the areas of their expertize.

You don't have to be good at math in order to do web development for example, and neither in many areas where development is largely about mixing powerful existing frameworks.

What should I do if I suck at math? I don't like front end Web Development it seems like a mess. I'm fine with low salary I just want security and comfy.

All I know is R.

lol, I majored in math and comp sci, and I would have to agree. There was like maybe one or two rigorous proofs the whole time I studied CS. of course the texts were more rigourous, but teh profs were lazy.
I once asked for more proofs regarding homomorphic encryption schemes. (i,.e. prove homomorphism) prof. literally said that it was too rigorous of a query.

Be a Pajeet for some small company doing accounting.
It's usually backend Java shit. Boring, badly documented, but then you learn what does what and they want to keep you because they don't want to waste more time by having someone else memorize the badly documented shitcode.
You can switch away later when you start hating it.

Learn to be a journalist then

>Um, I suck at math, could it still be possible to be good with coding and stuff?
if you buy cute programming socks, then yes

start by wearing a pantsu

Also have a learning disability. Keep in mind it doesn't mean it's impossible to learn things you are bad at it just means you can't grasp the conventional way it is taught. You need to come up with your own strategies to help you learn the way you do. Learning disabilities are just a fancy term for you don't learn the same as everyone else.

>invert a string
for(int i=100; i>0; i--)

like that?

yea you'll be fine. now, go study!

just suck my dick, it's easier you'll like it

That's just an inverted loop. If you can write a whole function without having a stackoverflow to copy it from and can understand (without looking up the solution) how to generalize it to other trivial problems, then you're in the 40% that can learn.

Say, if you write (with help or without):
>string inversion
>fizzbuzz
>check if string is a palindrome
then you should also be able to write without help (can reuse your own code):
>count specific letter in string (for example, print the number of 'a's in this sentence)
>print every other character in string (ie. 'vidya gaems'->'iy am')
>substitute all instances of one letter with some other letter ('nigga'->'nibba')
Trivial shit like this.

For some reasons, codelets can't comprehend how to generalize and can't learn that ability.
If you can actually write trivial code without having it memorized, you can learn and will most likely be better than Pajeets.

what the fuck is a string inversion?

Jewgle it

No I'm not looking up help

Write it backwards

Math is not hard m8 just practice

I don't agree with this. I "learn differently" but it doesn't make me learn more slowly like someone with a disability. When I was in high school my math teachers mostly hated me because I would go about solving their problems in some way that wasn't the same that others did but my answer would be perfectly valid still. I say most, but really that should be "some" because I mostly had awesome math teachers that were passionate and probably loved to see something different.

My different-think only causes problems when I have to teach someone else because I also teach things differently and have trouble understanding ways that aren't "my way" so I can't teach them to others. Basically, if you're very slow to learn or have trouble learning then you have a disability and are practically inferior to use superior-minders.

Most programming is not math based at all, unless you specifically want to do math related things, even then you can just google the answer.

I never use math unless I'm doing those stupid interview questions. The only math I ever even realistically use is remainders to find out if a number is even, or something like that.

You can, but if you can get good at coding by just learning it you could get better at math. Knowing both just opens up a lot of options and solves a lot of headaches.

yes but you have to be good at logic.
coding is not transcribing data into a word document.

It's engineering. You don't need math heavy but if you think oh wow I spend most of my time on the computer so programming should be just like fucking around on the internet or playing video games then just ditch that dream and go drive a truck or something else.

I can't java :(

Most languages are nearly the same.
If you can learn one, you can learn the rest.

That's not homu you dumb

Go for network/sysad work, just write script and make sure your buzzword vocabulary is big enough to fool your clients (example: Docker, Serverless, Microservices) and they will just ok implement that.

How do I learn that

It's no use learning math if you ca't learn how to apply it for real world scenarios and when you might need x concept. So far only math i needed is partial approximation and running weighted average and percent calculations.. in coding

Math is logical thinking, you just haven't understood why yet. Its kinda tricky since its different for everyone, but the moment you really understand one thing in math you can use it to understand the rest. It works especially well since math is so connected. Go for pure math books instead of regular materials and you will see there's a pretty big difference.

Try this: people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof2/BookOfProof.pdf
Read it very slowly and make sure you understand everything. Think about how cool it is that just combinations of symbols as specific as they are in logic work in such a wonderful way, where these symbols let you know the truth about how reality works. They have a translation into their discipline, which often has equivalent translations into other branches of math. Things that are true in Set theory are true in Geometry, and in Algebra, and Topology and many more ! and some of them let you create cool stuff like computers and programming languages. Math is the truth, get excited about it and learn it !

This topics are the cool part about math, after that learn the basics from Lang's "Basic mathematics" or from Khan academy, but remember that they could feel as concise and intuitive as set theory or logic if you study them in their respective fields rather than how they are usually taught. Good luck.

Lean *nix, cheat certification (CCNA v7 now has cheat sheet), man pages and ?

>Math is logical thinking, you just haven't understood why yet.
Not the one taught in schools.
This is more about memorizing the formulas and being able to apply them without making errors in calculations.

I have downloaded the pdf, and had a quick look at the first few pages. I'm assuming you have read it, and would like to ask a question. I don't remember any maths from highschool. Is following this book explicitly enough for me to learn? Should I be using other resources? I'm afraid that I will have big holes in my fundemental understanding of maths, causing me to have problems in the future.

do webdev
math in academia is mostly for gatekeeping purposes

You don't need math, you need logic.

Only fucking tards think programming is about math

not getting a bachelor’s if you want to do CS is complete lunacy

checkmate

this but unironically

What other certs do I need

Yes, that's why I said learn pure math so you can see the difference. The way we teach math is absolute shit, but math is not. Get good books.

Just go for it

Attached: 1531570355629m.jpg (1024x979, 103K)

middle one is cute desu

Attached: 30257f88.jpg (1080x1080, 149K)

>Um, I suck at math, could it still be possible to be good with coding and stuff?
yes
>I'm mostly on the computer and want an area where I'm just on the computer and make decent money
no. if you want loads of money you need a degree. if you want a degree you need math. if you genuinely do like programming then MAYBE you can earn a living. market is very saturated.

When did he say loads

why else would he want to become a programmer? you can earn a living by just doing spreadsheets anyway.

You can do it user, I suck at math and I work as a backend developer after teaching myself. Go make shit and learn all you can.

Just fucking study math instead of complaining, you stupid retard

Middle one would look fine without glasses.

Depends on exactly what you want to do with it.
Do you specifically wanna go into programming?

You can still code just fine even if you're bad at math.
It's just that your spaghetti code will be even less optimized than what pajeet could cook up.

You'll have to wear stockings and panty to achieve full productivity.

Op you sound like a cute uwu

TFW you got through all of highschool not even knowing your times tables

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x1000, 190K)

all of them seems harmlessly fun and cute in a sense.
I'd drink with them all day.
But I afraid middle one might stab me if I got a little overboard

There are basically two ways to learn it, the standard way, where you learn some stuff works "just because" and then move on to complex shit. It sucks, but you can "learn" a lot of content really fast.

There's also the foundational way, where you take a bit of extra time to learn the foundations (usually logic or set theory, but there are others) and then go on to see how everything, from points to numbers, is actually just a special case of your foundation. The advantage of this one is that you can go as far as you need for things to feel right. You can always keep asking "why?" until you are certain what you are learning is the truth. Pay a lot of attention, ask on the small question thread (here or on /sci/) if you have doubts.

Remember, if you go for the second one everything needs to feel like it makes complete sense. Research the axiomatic method to learn why proofs work so well and how you could think of computer as a "flow of truths". Which is math. Also about mathematical structures, specially the Peano axioms and think about how other structures (like sets) behave like them. It's hard, but completely worth it, Good luck.

Most programmers don't know shit about math, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Learn repeated doubling

You're fine unless you want to start getting into actual computer science, or theory. When it comes to coding most of the math problems

Thank you Oniichan!

Attached: qwe_download.jpg (600x336, 106K)

if you want to go to a uni, it'll be hard. academic part of CS is very math heavy. but, depending on the path you want to take, i think you don't need a lot of math, but you definitely need sharp logical thinking.
i'm working with web dev atm, and it's a field of work that don't need a lot of math and offers a lot of opportunities. but fields like AI and data science will probably unreacheable for you, at least in your current position with math.
but follow your dreams above all else.

wht did the #kwk means by this

Attached: asdf.jpg (631x530, 101K)

Post more cute lolis pls