Long term storage without power

Sup /g, I got a little situation. I am trying to preserve some data and store it for someone's future lets say for the next 20 to 30 years. How can I do it without CDs, DVDs, tapes, and floppy drives.

I did some research and this is what I found out
>hdd storage lasts for 5 years max without power
>ssd barely last 10 days with data without power.

Attached: 1507140408384.gif (256x256, 352K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ollydbg.de/Paperbak/
anandtech.com/show/9248/the-truth-about-ssd-data-retention
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you want to do it without tape? That is the only way you could feasibly do it.

Print it
ollydbg.de/Paperbak/

How the hell can I print 250gb worth of data...

Attached: 1446158556499.gif (700x827, 510K)

I dont have tape and I doubt I can afford it.

Then you can't afford to store data for 20-30 years.

SSD will last indefinitely without power. Just use flash memory cards dumbass.

>SSD will last indefinitely without power.
Try to back this up, I dare you.

anandtech.com/show/9248/the-truth-about-ssd-data-retention

Read further than the top result on google next time

handful of BD-R's

I don't use google.
>At 40°C active and 30°C power off temperature, a client SSD is set to retain data for 52 weeks i.e. one year.
That doesn't sound indefinite to me.
>In a worst case scenario where the active temperature is only 25-30°C and power off is 55°C, the data retention can be as short as one week
Hmmmm. Did you even read this?

>ssd barely last 10 days
panics

Read the full article chief. That’s for SSD that have reached end of life. In your scenario I am assuming you will buy a new one then store it somewhere safe. In which case indefinite is correct.

how about you read the full article?
>"Remember that the figures presented here are for a drive that has already passed its endurance rating, so for new drives the data retention is considerably higher, typically over ten years for MLC NAND based SSDs."
>"typically over 10 years"
>"indefinitely"

>so for new drives the data retention is considerably higher, typically over ten years for MLC NAND based SSDs
Still not 20 to 30 years and very far from indefinitely, as you said.

>>hdd storage lasts for 5 years max without power
Really? That's surprising, I believed HDDs were the go-to solution.

A blu-ray might be the answer if stored correctly

>How can I do it without CDs, DVDs, tapes, and floppy drives.
First of all why would you limit yourself like that? There are DVDs designed from special polycarbonate materials specifically for long term storage that are projected to retain data for hundreds of years and have been tested by governments and militaries. Even your average consumer DVD will retain data for at least 20 years.

Secondly you could grab two hard drives or SSDs and copy the data from one to the other every five years. Surely you can spare an afternoon every five years if your data is this important to you.

t. guy who said SSDs only last 10 days without power

Yeah that's why when I can back home after winter vacation my PC lost all its data.

Just buy a green drive you cunt.

Hint: You can't

Get some archival quality blurays or DVDs and stop being a whiny bitch.

The go-to solution for long term storage is tape.

>t. guy who said SSDs only last 10 days without power
I never said that.
>Yeah that's why when I can back home after winter vacation my PC lost all its data.
I never said it would.
>Just buy a green drive you cunt.
Make me.

Not anymore, no. Tape will go to shit after 20-30 years, archival optical media are raged for 100 years data retention.

>Not anymore, no
You'd better let everyone know, then.
>Tape will go to shit after 20-30 years
[citation needed]

Cloud you moron

Nas raid

Set up an online backup, create a bank account specifically for the service, and load it up with enough cash to cover the next 50 years.