What's your excuse for not running PiHole on your network

What's your excuse for not running PiHole on your network

Attached: file.png (1261x440, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/New-Orange-Pi-Zero-H2-Quad-Core-Open-source-512MB-development-board-beyond-Raspberry-Pi/32761500374.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Triple digit IQ.

I just don't care.

ublock origin does well enough for now

Never heard of it

im lazy as fuck

What's your excuse for not running PiHole on your network now that you've heard of it

pfblockerNG is better

Jewgle is shutting that down and Firecocks with likely follow follow suit.

For ad blocking ublock does way more than any other solution. But then people like OP start making shitty excuses like "it's to block ads when you browse from your phone at home or from your TV". Pathetic.

browser ad blockers are better

It's inferior to just using a browser based adblock, at least until Google fucks everything up.

Using pihole leaves holes on your webpages and breaks some outright because it just causes connections to fail, and doesn't remove or hide elements on the page.

It's nice for devices that don't have anything better, but all I use where ads bother me are browsers, so it's pointless.

My pi are busy with other things, as well.

don't have money for pi lol

pihole is for blocking ads when you browse from your phone at home or from your TV

>with likely follow follow suit

Attached: 06f0c8a6c7a9a738d95bf83b84366e4ca5235d5ecf40578795a2648ddf0a4ba1.jpg (688x596, 60K)

Pathetic.

Why not both?
Run it in docker on any device.

why would you ever use either when there are un-googled and un-mozillad versions of both?
chromium or ungoogled chromium will probably not be affected by this, neither will ice cat or waterfox
yeah i guess that would be useful to block ads on the telly but mine is not connected to the internet

But I do (recently restarted to change DNS). No reason not to run it in currentyear.

Attached: pihole.png (1252x445, 46K)

haha poor

>doesn't have $35

children aren't allowed on this website

or literally 10 bucks for a chinkpi

aliexpress.com/item/New-Orange-Pi-Zero-H2-Quad-Core-Open-source-512MB-development-board-beyond-Raspberry-Pi/32761500374.html

>falling for the raspi meme
orangepis are better
also using a pi for pihole is fucking dumb when stuff like pfblockerng exists

>had OrangePi PC
>was unstable as fuck

>got raspberry pi 3 B+
>not unstable as fuck

rly makes u think

>had orangepi zero for 2 years as a 24/7 seedbox
>stable as fuck
indeed reddit

amazing argument user, really changed my view

thanks

I'm using my RPi as a dust collector instead.

what about having a dust collector that's also your DNS-level bad people blocker

it may cause problems with my 24/7 onions ordering system. can't run out

what if you host your OOS in the cloud™

Will never happen, not even normies will put up with ads in 2019.

someone said it was unstable.
someone else said that it was stable.
it sort of cancels it out.
if you're gonna argue it was a shit comment, the parent wasn't any better. besides, nothing of value ever comes out of the Internet or of any living human being, so it's all meaningless in the end.

the normiest of normies don't even know what adblock is you turbonerd

I use a VPN so pihole won't do anything with encrypted packets

i have to selfhost or else the government will halt my onions intake.

>VPN
you'r not supposed to run your dns queries through the vpn, user

what is purpose life

what if you get a second ISP line into your network and order your onions without that being limited by your loli streams

why does life have to have a purpose? can't dumb fucking human beings ever conceive of an universe where there is no purpose?

Grandma doesn't use a smartphone or computer, let alone chrome, you turbonerd.

>chromium or ungoogled chromium will probably not be affected by this

false

no, I must count
I must be special
validate me

this
from what I read about that proposal is that it's a rendering engine level change, so everything that uses Blink would be affected

Just because you've laid down and accepted your depression doesn't change the fact that part of the human condition is requiring a sense of purpose. The reason you show so much hatred towards "snowflakes" is because your current failed self sees your old hopeful self and it makes current self very jealous.

>old hopeful self
that never existed

Redundant pfsense servers with block lists so extensive that even on my phone I haven't see any ads in literally 2 years.

>Redundant pfsense servers with block lists so extensive that even on my phone I haven't see any websites in literally 2 years

Attached: 1445126110884.gif (200x200, 1.82M)

I love you user

What's some cheap and power efficient hardware I can use to build a pfsense box? I'd rather not run an inefficient i5 desktop 24/7.

core i9 9900k

>Firecocks with likely follow follow suit.
Doubtful, there's no reason to do so from a technical or business standpoint. Mozilla should disclose how many FF downloads happened after Google made that statement.

I can auto-update the hosts file on my router with a cronjob, I don't need this zoomer flat modern UI bullshit to do that.

Attached: 1513434479786.png (1600x1600, 14K)

this. Ungoogled-chromium is still a patchset for chromium, so whatever changes they make upstream will also affect the fork.

I was but 2.4 completely fucked up and now it works for about half an hour, then stops working and you have to reboot it to get another half an hour out of it.

I don't need what could essentially be a wrapper around dnsmasq to implement network-wide DNS adblocking.
I use such a setup to be able to access my own DNS servers from everywhere, using my own VPN of course.

no excuses user

Attached: ph.png (1687x877, 188K)