So why aren’t you using the most secure operating system in the world?

So why aren’t you using the most secure operating system in the world?

Attached: DBCEB243-CA9E-4801-B25F-871DAE48EC6D.gif (648x713, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2018/02/21/freebsd_code_of_conduct_controversy/
openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#softraid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am just not as a desktop.

I'm not insecure enough.

is it free/libre?

Yeah

my penis is sufficiently large that I dont need to pretend its bigger

Lack of virtualization and modern file system. Besides that it's pretty good.

it's pretty damn insecure for a security-oriented operating system

Because the logo is fuckin disgusting and retarded

because I prefer using NSA-backed operating system, called Windows 10

if i had x200 i would absolutely use openbsd on it

Security is just placebo.

I have an x220 with OpenBSD, it’s max comfy.

I love how clean and easy to use it is, but I don't feel it's quite ready for desktop use yet.
Mostly because of the small package base, and I have no clue how to port shit to OpenBSD.

Attached: WaterhouseJW_SoulOfTheRose.jpg (1500x2307, 3.06M)

It automatically installs non-free firmware on the first boot if you're connected on the internet and you hardware needs it. So no, it's not free/libre according to the FSF standards which is the reason why we have LibertyBSD.

bhyvs and zfs? Don't have too much experience with the former, but zfs has been very pleasant to use in my NAS so far.

autismBSD

>shit support
>cuck license
>backdoors
>no games
>toxic community
>known to scam people into becoming betatesters

Attached: bsd rationalization.png (507x692, 93K)

Once you install OpenBSD you may just quit Jow Forums and read the docs. Security is a nice side-effect, but not it's main purpose.

>t. happy OpenBSD user

I’m waiting for it’s performance and battery life to be on par with linux. Once that happens I’ll use it as my main OS.

So what's its main purpose?

t. someone with a spare laptop and recent interest in *bsd

Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things:
>A robust filesystem such as ZFS, btrfs, or HAMMER2
>Any kind of journaling FS
>SSD TRIM
>NFSv4
>Support for more than one core on various parts of the OS. The firewall, pf, is confirmed to be one of these parts, although there may be more.
>802.11ac networking
>Nvidia graphics from this decade
>AMD Vega graphics
>Certain Intel graphics, at least judging from comparing the manpage to the wikipedia article
>Broadcom wireless
>Bluetooth
>WINE
>LUKS/dm-crypt
>Linux compatibility layer
>Mounting ext filesystems
>free(1)
>lsblk(8)
>Proper virtualization (vmd/vmm is awful compared to KVM+QEMU or even Virtualbox)
>and probably more

Attached: Why-I-left-OpenBSD.png (831x1234, 335K)

I'm really concerned about people smearing here about OpenBSD and believing that their anonymous posts will prevail over the actual OpenBSD community

>smearing here about OpenBSD
>OpenBSD claims to be secure
>no mandatory access control
>no namespaces
>no sandboxing methods
>no jails
>no way to contain or restrict the execution of untrusted or buggy code
>only secure if you don't install anything besides the base system.
I'll just stick to GNU/Linux, since it's actually secure.

You mean the same community of liars and scammers? Sure

So what?

>Functional
I don't see it written in lisp.

It's not Free.

I'm keen to move away from Linux due to the growing influence of Microsoft et al and all this SJW/CoC bollocks. I don't like the direction Linux (as in the kernel, not Linux as in GNU/Linux etc...) is moving in.

I have strong feelings about Free Software though, so I'm reluctant to move away from what I'm using now. There's LibertyBSD, but I doubt that'd be a usable everyday OS.

>secure
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

technology vs donald trump

Attached: baby.jpg (350x350, 11K)

Half of what you just wrote is lies and the other half is security theater. All you need are Unix permissions.

OpenBSD is Free according to the FSF. It has the blessing of Stallman himself.

BSD systems

FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include instructions for obtaining nonfree programs in their ports system. In addition, their kernels include nonfree firmware blobs.

Nonfree firmware programs used with Linux, the kernel, are called “blobs”, and that's how we use the term. In BSD parlance, the term “blob” means something else: a nonfree driver. OpenBSD and perhaps other BSD distributions (called “projects” by BSD developers) have the policy of not including those. That is the right policy, as regards drivers; but when the developers say these distributions “contain no blobs”, it causes a misunderstanding. They are not talking about firmware blobs.

None of those BSD distributions has policies against proprietary binary-only firmware that might be loaded even by free drivers.

both of this are lies, no BSD is endorsed by the FSF

>endorsed by the FSF
Why would anyone with the ability to think for themselves ever care about such meaningless garbage?

see

>automatically installs non-free firmware
Good luck for that with no module support.
This is how you shill your shit?

DELED

so why should I care what you say then

What are you even babbling on about, retard?

Ask an nvidia fags between two kernel update. Of course this won't help on them, but just shows how hostile the concept of the proprietary code in kernel space.

Did you reply to the correct post? Cause I don't see how the shit you typed out even remotely relates to what I'm talking about.

That's your problem.

I'm saying that if a person has the ability to think for themselves, why should they care about a meaningless post such as yours? So said nothing of value and didn't even prove the assertion that the FSF is "meaningless garbage". Your post can safely be discarded by anyone with a brain. But keep being hostile, that will surely prove whatever point you're trying to make.

Yeah, I guess not being able to understand replies to random posts without any context given is my problem. Thanks for pointing it out.

dragonfly bsd is better

I'm currently using void and it's very comfy, but I want to try OpenBSD. I've never used any BSD before. What should I know before switching? I heard that package management is different, although I don't know how much.

NIGGER FISH. Das right fuck whitey!

Attached: 1508714389514.png (2481x2139, 378K)

white man bad

Any person with the ability to think for themselves (which you clearly don't possess) would have reached the answers given in my post long before I even made it. So yes, it really is meaningless in this sense. Its only point is to mock niggers like you who are unable to grasp basic human reasoning.
Also, you don't ""prove"" ""assertions"". Learn some basic philosophy before using jargon improperly to try and make yourself seem smarter than you actually are, nobody is buying it. You seem to have some kind of language-processing disability which makes it hard for you to understand that what I called meaningless garbage was caring about the endorsment of the FSF, not the FSF itself being meaningless garbage. Which it is, but I never stated that in my earlier post.

Based black man.
The black man is king.

Too hard to figure out how to get anything going on it. Looks epic haxor but need to git gud with computers for a bit. For now I'll stick to being retard on xubuntu.

Attached: tfw stupid.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Attached: you.jpg (1012x530, 62K)

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Nice retort, buddy. I'll give that one a C for effort.

Attached: 14741017560290.jpg (480x270, 49K)

btrfs and robust... yeah, no
HAMMER2 would be dope af though indeed

I personally saw Theo meeting up with an agent of some kind, I'm assuming CIA.

I want the OpenBSD mascot to suck my dick with those big dick sucking lips, no homo.

Attached: Consensual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.jpg (950x950, 141K)

Those thorns actually go both ways, and they're longer on the inside.

That only makes it hotter.

Attached: I'm gonna lay you out.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

clean bloat-free os which respects the Unix philosophy

it's the last old-school Unix left standing

Attached: puffy.png (800x689, 203K)

>free hugs

Attached: 1548936708422.jpg (960x626, 36K)

I'm not important, nobody wants to hack me.

bhyve is freebsd not openbsd you tard.

Solaris has actual capabilities

Apparently it's on my playstation.
I tried it on my desktop and it's a fucking abortion.

google.com/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2018/02/21/freebsd_code_of_conduct_controversy/

Attached: opfagg.jpg (1080x607, 65K)

Because I got work to do. Work that requires me to use special in-house developed software. Only on windows, of course.

Thats FreeBSD you dumb nigger. Its right there in the URL faggot.

How long till it spreads though

Why can't you secure yourself in any OS ?

Infinity, as Theo likes shitstorms with people that don't use the OS anyway. See: losing DoD funding over criticizing Desert Storm, then doubling down.

pretty much this, if theres one OS that will never adopt a cock, its OpenBSD

I agree, a rock is pretty secure. But it can’t do much.

What cant OpenBSD do, user? Its works great as a desktop OS and its easily the best OS for a router/firewall. Oh, but you only care about VIDYA GAYMES.

kys

>no luks
>no drivers
>no filesystem compression, volumes, device mapping
>no wayland
>outdated philosophy
>no systemd

>no luks
You fucking retard you don't need LUKS for encryption on OpenBSD it has it's own implementation for FS encryption. openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#softraid
>no drivers
Guess what? The developers write drivers as they need them or want to write them. If you're not satisfied with the currently available drivers write more yourself.
>no filesystem compression, volumes, device mapping
Well you've got me on that one.
>no wayland
Wayland has a lot of Linuxisms that would be very hard to port to any *BSD pretty much.
>outdated philosophy
Fuck off zoomer.
>no systemd
That's a good thing.

Since OpenBSd values security over performance it is never likely to beat Linux with its insecure shortcuts and half-assed code.

needs red lips

AAAHHHHH!!!
Where the fuck is that arm cominh from?