Jow Forums hates Powershell now

>Jow Forums hates Powershell now
What happened?

Attached: serveimage[1].png (952x318, 63K)

linjeets

>Jow Forums ever liked the most JavaVerboseClassExecute shell ever

if you're gud with powershell you can just be a sysadmin at some random company and people will think you're god himself

Did a line of coke and tried powershell. My fingers hurt. Too much typing. I'm going back to zsh

Use aliases and tab completion, parameter names can be skipped altogether in most cases. What did you type exactly? I probably can make it shorter.

I'll never understand the verbosity memes when it has smart tab completion and short aliases for all common keywords and cmdlets. An actual valid complaint of powershell is non-lexical ("dynamic") variable scoping, which is simply awful.

Because I had to google how to enable running a script.

Attached: triggered.jpg (340x344, 15K)

PowerShell is awesome, but there are still people at my job who write CMD scripts. I do not get it at all.

Their scripts are probably boxed correctly and are not complex, relying mostly on native commands. Doing anything else can become really ugly requiring to employ cryptic hardly documented approaches. I will never forget how my goto-subroutine became faster by shortening variable names to a single letter. Or how the %random% variable would always generate same number for multiple sessions running at the same time. Or the way for loops are hacked together to enable parsing command output. Or how irritating supporting character sets outside of ASCII is. Guess your coworkers didn't get to that. If you can, help them rewrite a script to easen in.

>>smart tab completion
which takes literally seconds to do anything (even if it's really good otherwise)
I just can't rely on it, takes waaaay too long

You are implying people here know how to use powershell.

>you see a thread
>you wonder who could be behind it

Attached: microshills.png (949x1944, 650K)

Man how I would return to 2017.

I still know people who use cmd or bat LOGON SCRIPTS at AD level to add drive maps or printers.

WTF is this the year 2000?

>/v/ hates powershell now

Attached: 1510186150832.png (450x720, 400K)

It's a hell of a lot better than standard windows cmd. Still prefer bash tho.

Of all the things to shill, why powershell?

Attached: 1495077427839.jpg (250x238, 10K)

I no nothing about PowerShell scripting, though I have experience with VBScript and some Bash. I guess I haven't picked it up because I work exclusively on Linux.

OK how do I learn Powershellâ„¢?

Read Powershell in a month of lunches.

and frequent practice too.

PowerShell is good on Wangblows

If you're using a real OS tho use some kind of POSIX shell.

I dunno if PowerShell is better than Perl or Python tho, even on Wangblows

>powersHELL
no

I like it, it's just so fucking slow to start

yeah I don't get it. I wrote a psm1 that basically has all my utility functions and now everything is cake.

vSphere has powershell management
linux runs powershell
can invoke full range of wmi and full .NET framework including database connectors etc.
full AD / Exchange integration

people can cry about their ASCII art while I take their jobs

im a powershell haxxor

Attached: Untitled-3.png (1075x956, 62K)

What's it like to be a windows administrator?