$10

>$10
>Works forever
Why do you spend hundreds on RGB keyboards?

Attached: 811YM2Go9GL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x564, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Logitech-G613-Lightspeed-Mechanical-Multihost-Connectivity/dp/B07796MBJ7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not mechanical
lmao garbage, cope harder poorfag.

>he needs to press more than 3 keys at once
Let me guess, gaymer?

Membranes do wear out. They get soft and squishy with slow recovery slowing your typing speed. It's also like pushing your fingers in to sloppy pussy. Mechanical switches all feel nice and responsive and feel like a tight vagina.

Pretty much this. Sans the vagina comparison, dude, wtf?
Membrane keyboard go stiff very quickly and when you get a new one, you're wondering why didn't you get a new one sooner.

The keys feel like shit. Why would you skimp on the one part of the computer you actually touch?

I can make a food comparison if you want.

Oof

I like the feel of mechanical and I use my computer enough to justify the cost.

Cant use 5 keys combo at the same time.

I had a logitech K120 for 15$ that could do it

>Why do you spend hundreds on RGB keyboards?
I don't. I do, however, buy (inexpensive) mechanical keyboards due to the superior typing feel and less quality reduction due to wear.
Mechanical keyboards don't turn into mashed potatoes after 500k keystrokes, they work hard to their deaths, and improve my typing.

You mean eating pussy isn't the food comparison?

What's it to you, wagie scum? I'll buy whatever I want.

If it doesn't enter your mouth, are you really eating it?
Eat dick instead.

i've spent ~1200$ to realize that

Attached: 1549561832352.png (400x333, 91K)

>mechanical keyboards' only perk is NKRO
Stay poor, retarded poorfag

i'm using the same keyboards since 2001 and 2003 (black/transparent apple pro and the white apple pro) and they work just like day one.

>short keys
kill you're self

there are better models than those shitty dell things but mechanical keyboards are a bad and expensive meme.

I also just bought a 12$ mini-keyboard (without the useless numpad). Works fine. My main keyboard is 10 years old and was also cheap as fuck and still works.

And mechs don't work for a long time? I have had mine for 7 years without problems and I still use my grandfathers model m.

I have one of those a work and the flex in the structure and the short key travel is horrible. can we go back to normal height keys and a strong plastic shell please. just because its rubber dome, doesnt mean it has to be fucking horrible.

I have this exact keyboard and I regret it. It feels horrible to type on it so I avoid it as much as I can and use my laptop instead.

do the quick fox test and see what's what faget

No point spending money on meme rgb lights, but paying extra for a mechanical keyboard is worth it IMO. I've had my ducky for close to 4 years now and it still works perfectly and it feels great to type on.

why would i care about something that never happens in normal use

those keys look thin as fuck. get a k120 instead

>to never have felt the ultimate tactility of a mkb
fuckin virgin

happens often while gaming though

Because Rapidfire speed switches make me game better

Attached: thIU1ECVS0.jpg (450x306, 13K)

I love how soft my apple wired is, best rubber dome ever made

Attached: 4L_gtwzLIN9.jpg (355x355, 11K)

>typing on a $10 keyboard
Might as well type on my phone's touchscreen keyboard, typing speed and comfort would be comparable.

Because it's not mechanical and doesn't have wireless with only 1 ms of lag.

1 ms wireless mechanical keyboards don't exist

Mechbabies are literal children

Attached: k120-refresh-gallery-images.png (800x687, 305K)

>muh hundred dollar keyboard meme
Where do you fags keep coming up with this? Most of us just buy a cheap $40 chinkboard and are happy with it. Only retarded hipsters buy $200 mechs.

Attached: 1501631622001.png (741x568, 29K)

amazon.com/Logitech-G613-Lightspeed-Mechanical-Multihost-Connectivity/dp/B07796MBJ7

Your move nerd.

>chiclet
>desktop

Attached: romulo_scorlot.jpg (292x173, 43K)

Oy vey

Think of the (((apm))) our $400 mechanical keyboards will give you!

Keep buying ours. Not the $15 equivalent your friends will laugh at you for using.

>ultimate tactility
>he needs to """FEEL""" the hardware he uses

>tfw using this exact keyboard right now

Attached: 1533299133627.jpg (380x349, 32K)

>used to have mkb and optical 403837dpi mouse on 60€ mouse pad
>now use my laptop keyboard and a wireless mouse on a MTG playmat, and when I play MW2 or Bad Company 2, I plug in

Attached: image (5).jpg (448x448, 116K)

>Only retarded hipsters buy $200 mechs.
I regret nothing.

The difference between a $60 dollar mechanical board and $200 is too small to justify the cost

>x230
>Battery holds 2h
>i5 2.60GHz 3rd gen
>8GB ram
>Hdd(ill swap it for spare ssd anyway)
>Small scratched on outer surface
£135 worth it? Seems decent to me. Need something to replace old dell ive been using forever

Take the Alan Moore pill.
>the cheapest generic keyboard you can buy

Attached: alan-moore-keyboard.jpg (1600x1200, 265K)

nigger i type on a keyboard for 8 hours at work and 4 to 8 hours at home
im going to spend more than $10 on my keyboard
>RGB
there you have a point, backlit keyboards are a cancer

Used to have that keyboard ages ago.

Depends on what exactly you want out of a keyboard. The one I have has an aluminum case and a socketed board so I can change all the switches out without having to open it or desolder anything. You're not going to find that on anything short of limited production stuff or kit builds.

>Lenovo "the sturdiest motherfucker" Preferred Pro II, my go to keyboard.
>cheap
>won't break
>heavy, feels solid as a tank
>excellent to type in
Preferred I is fine too but doesn't look as good

Attached: preferredpro2.jpg (1600x1067, 142K)

i'd rather use chiclet than membrane though

why not

Attached: drawing.gif (226x176, 64K)

what are other benefits of mechanical keyboards? apart from gamers, i don't know anyone who uses mechanical keyboards.

oh the irony

where tf did you get a picture of me?

I just want a tenkeyless rubberdome keyboard with big spaced out keys for office typing.

Grove street...

Chiclet works well, I have one of those applefag keyboards and I'll probably only replace it with that one cherry keyboard that's pretty much the same exact fucking thing except black

>buy rubber dome
>C key only works when you press it completely down and then press it really hard again
>T key does similar
trash

fucking wew lad
I also fell for the mechanical keyboard meme once and spent 130€ on one. I don't really prefer typing that keyboard over my 10€ Lenovo stock keyboard attached to my laptop dock. Just don't fall for the low profile key meme and you're fine.
Pic related. My keyboard.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x262, 36K)

There are also scissor-switch keyboards (pic related) which are often (usually?) found on laptops.
They are low profile, quiet, feel snappy and usually last longer than default membrane keyboards.
A scissor-switch keyboard is e.g. Logitech UltraX (which is unfortunately discontinued).
That said, I'm looking for a new scissor-switch based keyboard, so if anyone has some recommendations / experience, I'd like to hear it.

Attached: scissorSwitch.gif (200x200, 48K)

>works forever
unless you spill your monster over it. in that case you have to buy a new keyboard, whereas i can just disassemble my mechanical keyboard, soak it in water, let it dry for a day and use it as it would be new

Mechanical wears out just as fast if not faster. Difference is I can get a new membrane for $15 instead of $100+

Oh boy I spilled one crumb of bread under my key and it exploded.

>mechanical keyboards don't have electronical parts that short circuit just as easily
>the reason I spent ten times more on a keyboard is because I'm a clumsy idiot who not only drinks but drops sugary drinks on computers.
I've been using computers for over 25 years and I have never spilled food or dropped anything. How do you guys even manage to get up and brush your teeth in the morning without suffering a horrific accident?

Good scissor switches like Logitech DiNovo are god-tier. Memechanicals can't compete.

Too bad they're difficult as fuck to find nowadays, since all gaymur manchildren want clickety RGB keyboards. I heard good things about Topre but I'm yet to try one.

That's not even logical, why do you need mechanical keyboards to get NKRO ?
Every dumb silicone keyboard should be NKRO

>non-removable palm rest
>non-illuminated keys

I make it a rule to try not to eat at my desk and for the first time I spilled some soda on my mechanical keyboard. Well I soaked it in water, let it dry completely over a few days and it was good as new. I like not having to basically throw out a board and buy a new one due to some spilled sugar water.

Why would you even need a wireless keyboard? WHO WOULD BE RETARDED ENOUGH TO NEED A WIRELESS KEYBOARD??
YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO MOVE IT DUMB FUCK

Ergonomics.

You're aware that you were just extremely lucky and that soaking any keyboard in water as a way of cleaning it will 9 times out 10 lead to a dead keyboard.
Mechanical keyboards aren't magical devices that can handle water and a retarded spilling soda on them. They just have mechanical switches

Thanks. It looks a bit expensive tho. I'd buy a new UltraX in a heartbeat, it was like $20 or so. I've been thinking about Cherry Stream 3.0 (pic related) which should be scissor-switch based.

Attached: cherry stream 3.0 overview2.jpg (1400x893, 178K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>yfw you never get to use a Topre keyboard

Attached: 1548010477117.png (500x455, 62K)

But you can take your mechanical keyboard apart usually, what you can't say about your 10$ keyboard. If you soak that and plug it in after 24 hours, you most probably kill your keyboard. If you do this with your mechanical keyboard, it's most probably dry and ready to work again. Did this to multiple keyboards multiple times and for the machanical keyboards it worked out 100% of the cases

This literal piece of garbage is giving me RSI at the office all day and I hate whoevet bought it.

>not placing your wireless keyboard in your lap for maximum comfy sessions

Attached: 1425058613812.jpg (228x221, 6K)

>not the far superior amazon BASICS keyboard

This keyboard hurts to type on. Better membrane/scissor switches out there.

Nope, no water no arc, are you trying to say water is enough to destroy an PCB? The state of you people

Seriously grab one of these instead. Still affordable.

Attached: cherry kc 6000.jpg (820x350, 56K)

I work as a lawyer and all the ladies at the typing centre use mechanical keyboards to do dictations.

1. Will break sooner than a mech keyboard
2. Significantly worse to type on
3. No nkro
4. Slower maximum typing speed
5. No tactile bump or click depending on what you like
6. RGB is an aesthetic thing, but backlighting can be useful
7. Lower keycap quality because membrane fags dont know or care

Will never compare to my HHKB 2

interesting. is there any particular reason they do? also, i'm pretty sure they don't use any of the rgb gamer stuff, do they? do they use legacy ibm stuff or something?

Accuracy, clear feedback. When you feel the bump (especially strong on blues, but I would suspect at the most they're using browns) you know that keypress registered.

[citation needed]

Where the k120chads at?

Yeah nah mate. Your typical membrane keyboard has about 1 to 5 million keypress whereas your cheapest mechanical keyboard has about 30 - 50 million keypress. I used to replace one keyboard every 2 years because some keys would just become like touch screens or break all together. Eventually got a mechanical keyboard and didn't have to replace it in 6 years now. Also they feel way superior than any membrane shit ever. Unless you are living off foodstamps and can't afford to spend $30 - $40 on the most used HID beside mouse, get one from AliExpress. Youdon't have to spend a fortune on them. I use GK61 since it is portable enough to fit in my backpack.

I like the tactile and audible feedback of mechanical switches. That's it, I like it so I bought a keyboard with the kind of switches that I enjoy using. Spending $100-200 on an item that I enjoy and will probably use for years at a time is nothing.

>50 million
Marketing BS
Bought a mech keyboard with cherry mx switches and less than two years later the WASD was completely fucked

I see those keyboards at hospitals and they're mushy as fuck.
>fell for the mechanical keyboard meme
Found a Cherry keyboard with double shot keycaps in storage for free. The real retards are the ones spending over $100 for a keyboard.

Why the fuck would you want illuminated keys? Turn on your fucking lights you cave dweller.

Maybe you just have sit taste and shit ability to judge quality.

I've had my mechanical keyboard for 5 years. It cost me $70 and it's wireless and it's still going strong.

Model Ms aren't membrane.

>wireless mechanical
Fucking neck youreself, retard

Because I spent hundreds on a Model M

Attached: 1541629857807.gif (498x359, 408K)

I use a kinesis advantage 2, I like it but want something portable, anyone have a good ergo travel keyboard?

Look at the cherry MX factory and the testing they do, heat, cold, millions of presses, different forces, they even have an isolated sound chamber to ensure the keys sound the same from generation to generation