Programmers on suicide watch

Programmers on suicide watch.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 12.36.14 AM.png (1264x696, 212K)

It unironically takes a lot of time and practice to be good at algorithmic problem solving. It also takes time to start writing code that is readable and scalable.

It also takes time to learn how to write readable articles. (Not that any journalists can do that)

So she's defending the mockery of other professions?

It also takes practice to be able to write everything in such a manner that nobody other than white males get offended.

Modern journalism is a joke. You're pretty much get paid to shitpost

cope

so they have no problem to find a new job, eh?
>Obama's propaganda act ended December 2018
>lay offs short time after
really makes you think

>that is readable and scalable.
like Karlie?

Attached: Kot with Karlie.png (631x530, 248K)

>Gronald Grump did a thing
>here's why white people are evil

I'll take my 100k now thank you very much

>(a > b && b < a)

>inb4 ban for off-topic

Except programmers know the difference between TRUE and FALSE.

I think it would be the exact opposite, and here is why:

huh

>coder
opinion discarded

What is it with females these days, and their shitty attitude?

Although Karlie's code is just wack, what the hell is going on the "guy code". Without any comments there's no explanation as to why for example the constant 1.5 exists.

Nope, just compensation. I'd be a great journalist. Just doesn't pay enough.

I think the code on the left is John carmack’s infamous “fast inverse square-root” that he used to reduce CPU load in Quake

Holy shit, how would Karlie even know the existence of this? And if so why is her code still so shitty?

real programmer always check for everything. id also put few more asserts here and there

>coders
truly monkeys

It's a pretty famous snippet of code; probably was shown it in an intro CS course.

I guess he got tired of reporting and started blocking instead.

Attached: Screenshot_20190211-053037_Twitter_1.png (1080x599, 241K)

If she was a programmer she'd be too busy to post that rubbish on twitter, so maybe it would be a good thing for her.

It’s a joke picture making fun of karlie for being out of her depth, she didn’t actually post it

Yeah famous for being shit. Theres easily a better more accurate algorithm with as low cpu load. His magic number isnt even

From what I'm reading online they don't even know why it works. It just does. I'm guessing they did a lot of trial and error and this just happened to be the closest they got to acceptable results.

He didnt post a frog, so likely not

Its a bad numerical approximation. The guy didnt know math which is why he didnt understand what he should have done.
Also he is using floats, which is retarded. He should be using posits.

>meanwhile, in reality

Attached: 1521151683594.png (763x931, 449K)

>He should be using posits.
you're fucking retarded

This is a shop right ? I've seen that image thousands of times and I've never seen that it was Karlie that posted it.

>Theres easily a better more accurate algorithm with as low cpu load
please share it with us

journalism is not a real job

>sample size: 40
opinion discarded

please mathematically prove that 40 is not a sufficiently large sample size

Google the wikipedia article

But all most of those layed off journos were good at is creating flashy clickbait words to grab attention.

What's the equivalent of that in programming? If even possible.

when did partisan propaganda became journalism?

Good catch, she missed a != b && b != a

Attached: Dosza.jpg (609x475, 21K)

Okay, that's actually a hilarious response. It's like saying you could switch professions with a mathematician or scientist. You have no ability to do their job because you don't understand any of the theory.

>defending antipatterns

What the hell are you smoking? The author to that bit of magic is unknown, and we now know how it works. It's abusing a binary operator to get an approximation of the answer. You could figure out how to do that, but it's not obvious looking at the code because that's not something normal to do.

I don't think writing fake news is hard

Would you also like me to wipe your ass

So which one is better?

Large Numbers theorem

Webdev.

I honestly think that these people have no idea what "coding" is.
They probably equate programming with web design, and think that because they can go on squarespace or whatever and put together a website, that programming is just typing HTML/CSS.

The idea of a program or application is totally beyond them.

How can anyone be worse than current day journalists? It's the reason I stopped reading news altogether except the obituaries and the crime pages.

If you are a laid off journalist then chances are you are one of those idiots who couldn't muster the mental effort required to memorize the one single page of the SPJ Code of Ethics Journalism, while those journalists who did have been retained for positive PR since companies always have a double-edge policy, so karma finally crept up on your dumb ass. You wouldn't make it 1 day as a coder where memorizing and following rulesets is mandatory business to create anything that works when you couldn't even follow a single ruleset page for journalism. Therefore the idiot's argument only goes in favor of journalists who follow ethics, while he himself as laid off garbage is the exception to the statement. Quite ironic.

Attached: 1533548131783.jpg (620x591, 61K)

large numbers are less accurate due to inevitable selection bias.
small samples are more representative and statistically significant

You can’t really believe this

>comparing means of two populations
n = 2(Z_α/2 + Ζ_β)2 * σ2/d2
Input parameters according to what you consider a significant result and what difference was "detected" in the study.

Attached: 1535761503089.jpg (894x894, 219K)

What about the Javascript programmers?

In the original code snippet there actually are comments, they are just cut out in this screenshot.

Pretty sure this is fake.

Kek'd

retards

LNt says that 20 is enough.

Non issue of you went to school and are not American.

I find it fucking hilarious when Europeans take shots at American media, when European media is in many ways much worse. More ideologues, more fabrications, less conservative alternatives.

t. not amerifat

Required traits to be a journalist

>elitesit
>smug
>back stabbing two faced liar
>sociopath
>works with others but only long enough to screw them
>can use a mac
>can copy / paste from the internet

All the makings of a great programmer?

Attached: 1548745986677.png (640x400, 11K)

And we pay for it

Marketing your """apps""" for using material design.

(((blue checkmark)))

>Lady with year 12 writing skills believes she's a good journalist because she works for buzzfeed.
Whatever

WEE WOO WEE WOO

FORCED MEME ALERT

WEE WOO WEE WOO