/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:>Jow Forums Discord Server
discord.gg/jHZxsd9

Attached: 1549037085894.jpg (965x1427, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is a good dac (with optical in) to pair with the atom amp?

Attached: 1499218664430.jpg (645x968, 47K)

Attached: B4DCEF11-4D25-4C82-ABDD-1494B8BB772C.png (3200x3840, 2.82M)

I would go with the Grace Sdac It doesnt have Optical but Usb is a bit better anyways either that or Topping D10 which does have optical for the same price

huh would ya look at that both of my reccomendations are on there

Because they’re pretty popular options. I would say Khadas Tone Board >>> Grace SDAC though.

unfortunately the D10 only supports optical out, not in

oh didnt know that huh, oh well

Have you heard the news? Stax SR-009 was rated lower than AKG K701 in blind listening tests.

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, even the best Stax headphones sound worse than some mid-fi cans.

Attached: 1546498796183.png (1027x1369, 784K)

D10 only has USB input, optical/coax are outputs

Optical out? How does that work?

Hey /hpg/ what's that website that sorts headphones that match you based on preferred options?
I could have sworn it used to be in the pastebin/OP.

That guide is outdated as fuck and recommends shitphones.

Banned due to referral links

thanks anons

A serious question: can a person really distuingish the sound of a 50 000 dollar pair of headphones from a regular pair? Pic related shoots vaporized platinum in your ear or something.

Attached: Sennheiser_Headphones.jpg (800x533, 300K)

Those are status items for Chinese officials, Qataris and so on. You can get an electrostatic headphone setup for $650 new or better for less used if you are interested in hearing how good they are.

Yes they can. The question is if said $50000 headphone actually sounds good. From my audition, it’s uncomfortable, has pretty average imaging (maybe even subpar for an estat), really lacks any sort of impact and has a treble timbre that sounds bad with cymbals and violins. But it’s really good at separating instruments, you will never ever hear it sound cluttered or congested. There are much better all round headphones either way.

Attached: 1EF3E9F8-54AF-4DE0-ACC4-FAC82D16FE9E.jpg (1588x2046, 540K)

Post underrated headphones.

Attached: ATH-S500.jpg (505x379, 33K)

>street monitoring
Monitoring the street for what, niggers?

In terms of audible distortion electrostats are no better than $100 Bose headphones or any other half-decent headphones. They don't sound more clear or resolving or whatever else audiophool "terms" you heard about them.
Read

t. Nostaxer

why do you have such a vendetta against stax nikki? did a stax user steal your gf?

I'm looking to get Bluetooth headphones, any recommendation?
>Budget
up to 30$
>Comfort level
Comfy enough to be worn for 4-5 hours straight.
>Past headphones
IEMs, from the smartphone.

Attached: 1549638649390.jpg (850x1202, 150K)

Attached: 1548221372753.png (224x225, 7K)

>stax user steal your gf
lmao, they can't even masturbate to 3d women
literally incels

Literally wont post headphones

Funny you brought up audible distortion because no one else did. Go away nikita.

stax have no advantage over other headphones in non-linear distortion but they have really bad and very audible linear distortion which makes them sound like shit

Attached: lmao.png (716x942, 235K)

Then why does the SR-009 look so much better than the HD600?

because it does not, lol

But it does? HD600 has 3k screech peak, veiled valley treble and absolutely no semblance of subbass. This is ignoring the nonexistent imaging and soundstage.

Honk honk
Headphones are worse than speakers
Honk honk

Attached: 1549857559720.gif (607x609, 514K)

They're simply the best.

Attached: staxloli.png (871x883, 887K)

True. The best of worse-than-mid-fi shitphones.

I just got these, do I like them? I don't want to have the wrong opinion.

Attached: 1521565679079.jpg (2309x1732, 237K)

Post feminine penis

Nobody has EVER bought stax because of low distortion

Hey user, why don't you own stax? You didn't fall for the samefagging nostax incel's desperate lies, did you?

Attached: 1549730804893.jpg (378x416, 28K)

They sound like shit

I don't know who to believe anymore.

PSA: STAXchads are always right

Stax virgin gang is always wrong.

believe in me who believes in you

buy stax

Attached: zz.png (921x1300, 242K)

Stax have many QC problems and nonexistent customer service, so unless you less you live in Japan it's not worth it.

Tall claims coming from someone who has never seen a stax in real life

>I'm not a fan of the potential issues with the reliability of Stax earspeakers and the challenges involved to get their products repaired (especially when living outside of Japan). There are instances of the earspeakers developing the channel imbalance issues, potential issues with dust, humidity and stray static charges which may impact the overall reliability of the product.

Well that sure immediately killed my interest. Imagine having to discharge yourself every time you wear headphones along with babysitting it making sure no dust gets on it.

Fuck that

Attached: 6555F37F-2FAC-408F-9A72-A430B3A78F98.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

I, as well as others, have 20+ year old stax that have zero channel imbalance issues

Attached: 51026F6A-8B88-48FA-B798-BA8B78BBD7F6.jpg (4032x3024, 2.63M)

Things fail. I'd hate to buy 1k headphones and have them refuse service it.

This is worse than Apple. At least they still repair it but only rape your wallet.

>works on my machine

It's a bunch of runaround for older stuff but they will work on stuff

stax generally don't fail and typically last for decades whereas no headphone manufacturer with the exception of koss and zmf have a lifetime warranty. most headphones won't live past 10 years and if they do they will look disgusting. they also will service your stax out of warranty for a fee, although there have been cases where people have been denied.

Some post said they refused to service a sr009

Imaging having to deal with some non english speaking nip as he denies your warranty

First impressions: I feel like I'm hearing bass for the first time in 7 years

Basically this. Stax are only good for 2nd hand pickups once they have depreciated into shit. Dont buy them new since stax won't honor baka gaijin's warranty anyway.

>earspeakers developing the channel imbalance issues
Incredibly rare and easily solved by rubbing the plug after turning off the amp if you’re paranoid.
>potential issues with dust
What are you buying, a Lambda Pro? All modern stax have built in dust covers and on top of that you can buy thick plastic covers for shits and giggles if you so wish.
>humidity
Again, not relevant to modern stax. All modern stax have humidity guards. I have used my stax with a sweaty head before with no electrocution.
>stray static charges
From sticking a fork in the drivers?
Do some research before shitposting.
Who is “they”, Stax japan or a local reseller? And where’s this claim coming from?

>hemming and hawing over minutia because you don't have the balls to drop a few K to get the best sound any headphone has to offer

Attached: rare_cartado.jpg (202x323, 21K)

A few K? You can get an entry level setup for less than half a grand. This is the kind of poorfaggotry only a college student or a mcdonalds minimum wage employee could have.

>honor baka gaijin's warranty
Grey market buyers got warranty service no trouble. What about that new US Stax outlet?

Half of those imbalances were probably caused by dodgy third party amps desu

Which will improve my sound quality more: Hi-Res audio stickers or pic related?

Attached: file.png (720x1280, 386K)

the absolute state of nostaxers
The real reason they don't want to buy stax because they are chronically poor retards with extreme time preference
>sheeeeit if it don't come in 2 days prime shipped I'm not buying it

Read on forums how much of an nightmare stax customer service is. Just buy it used since once stax survives first couple of years, it will most likely outlive you.

Oh yeah, all those... forums! And those... threads! And subreddi- I mean posts! How can stax incels ever recover from this heaping mound of evidence?

Hey man, thanks for paying my depreciation. Someone gotta take it for the team

You really need to take some english lessons before shitposting online you illiterate ESL.

Oh no make fun of his English!

Why are you referring to yourself in third person? It’s ok to own up on sucking at english and move on.

Move on to stax having shit presence in the west? Yes, stax customer service fucking blows.

TOTL headphones are niche and electrostatic Japanese import only brand that you need a speciality amp for is even more of a niche

And we've got reports of those extreme few owners, rich enough to afford thousand dollar headphones, somehow fucking it up

Funny you say that since you’ve never ever dealt with them considering you own 0 stax.

Oh no no stax mafia bros we can't lose this potential customer, boss won't like this...

Your speciality is ad hominem without adding much to the dialogue. Go fuck yourself stax shill. I have a 404 and 252s, got em at steal thanks for idiots like you paying full price.

Oh no no nostax mafia bros we can't lose this potential nostaxer, boss won't like this...

/hpg/ obsessing over stax is like a smartphone thread obsessing over flip phones because muh yellow people
it's retarded

>with no electrocution
The fuck? How much power is going through stax headphones?

Don't tell me they're live ac or something

Why don't you own stax? They measure perfectly.

Attached: stax_0.png (1920x1080, 11K)

I'll buy 1 stax with the guarantee of warranty from the yakuza boss

Feel free to post your setup anytime nostaxer.
580V DC. The only person I’ve ever heard of getting zapped by stax is Spritzer, because he actually, you know, builds amps.

Attached: F129DEA2-B46B-426E-A3A1-8D7AA8C512B0.jpg (4032x2750, 2.15M)

heh nice dust cover

The amperage is what matters, and the amperage is way too small to seriously injure you. It's always the same tired FUD from the nostaxers that has been debunked six gorillion times but every thread it's "oy vey muh electrocution" or "oy vey muh dust".

oy vey retarded product from japan that nobody takes seriously

What's the real difference between a separate Amp+Dac and a combo unit?
A-asking for a friend.

Attached: huh.jpg (665x574, 22K)

>580V DC
>Higher DC voltages(over 200V) make blood electrolysys...then very small bubles of gas come into brain...this efect is lethal...human body can be very well and then after 1 or 2 min. :(....otherwords you can smile and think is OK and after
few min...........
I work with high DC voltages(600-900) 15 years and I think is more,more dangerous than AC.

The placebo force is stronger in the separate units. Use the force, luke.

based retard

And that’s how to identify someone with no idea how electricity works.

For real for real stax sounds like shit with all the drawbacks

stax are in the 20mA range. if you've worked with high DC voltages for many years then you should know that current kills and higher voltage just means you can draw more current from sources that aren't current limited. stax are current limited to extremely low levels because they are voltage sources.

>otherwords you can smile and think is OK and after
>few min...........
Brain aneurysm are not an accident but a feature. It make the staxer even more loyal and faithful.

>making up stories about headphones you can't afford

Attached: 1504397065428.jpg (611x508, 71K)

What drawbacks? You mean the FUD spam from the nostax mafia? You’re one gullible bastard.

FUCK STAX
INCEL GANG

Attached: 1519580539002.png (644x800, 15K)

I need comfy good headphones to play Osu! at night, budget is $200
Give me options friends

earpods

I want her to peg me.

Hm maybe stax can't sell in western markets because they can't get UL and CE certifications for how dangerous they are? And they won't warranty either for legal reasons.

Anyone know those Brazilian shower heads?

lmfao nostaxer exacels getting absolutely dabbed on rn, how will they ever recover from their shitphone earrape

Attached: smugendros.jpg (464x464, 156K)

It’s really interesting how you throw in random buzzwords when it’s clear you have no knowledge whatsoever relating to electrical engineering or safety certification.