>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: relative-performance-games-2560-1440.png (500x1490, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/Phoenixel/saved/GY6yf7
youtube.com/watch?v=_jiXkrRoD4w&t=653s
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/w9FCQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/GjgZmq
pcpartpicker.com/list/4k7MHh
pcpartpicker.com/list/J6ZWsZ
strawpoll.me/17413629
strawpoll.me/17413643
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fh2jMZ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ld3QMZ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ld3QMZ/by_merchant/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for GTX 1660

How is this? Sorry first time build

pcpartpicker.com/user/Phoenixel/saved/GY6yf7

This is my current build, I want to upgrade my monitor and maybe use my current one as a second monitor for browsing and stuff. I am sick of getting screen tears and fps drops in games, what monitor should I get?

Budget: 400 euro
Purpose: Gaming mainly

Attached: speccy.png (658x521, 35K)

90% of the questions in this thread could be answered by reading the OP

Sorry forgot to say, it's for gaming. Budget >1600

And again 1609

USD*

used 2700X with no cooler, no warranty and no invoice, won on the GamesCom last year for 245€ y/n?

Depends on how abused it was

>no warranty
>no cooler
Hell no.

>AMD shill OP
>has pic showing AMD getting btfo by intel
What did he mean by this?

I was wondering that myself. Because its not accurate? So ironic? Is that irony?

I dunno

>1440p
>a good CPU test
Pick one

according to the guy it was used 5 days on gamescom for a show case, no overclocking and has been collecting dust ever since.

I would replace the cooler anyway since I plan to overclock it and did you ever have a CPU fail on you? even my longest running cpu had the mobo, gpu and hdd die and survived them all.

the current market price for a complete 2700X with warranty of ~2 years and cooler is 270-290€

If that's the price for a new one, grab a new one. Fuck that noise.

Anyone?

Around what modern(ish) CPU is the equivalent to a 2500k @ 4.6ghz? Just curious.

Attached: 1539266216402.jpg (750x750, 66K)

thats the price for a used one.
new one with 3 years of warranty and division 2 costs 315€ + shipping

should i upgrade? my rig is about 6-7 years old now. rocking an i3 with 7000 series radeon gpu. i just play r6s and now apex at 1080p60 with low-medium settings. thinking of streaming for fun too.

was thinking of r5 2600x with rx 580 8gb vram and 16 gb ddr4-3200 ram.

This, we need 480p benchmarks to compare 365 fps vs 355 fps

go for it, although I would consider a vega 56

youtube.com/watch?v=_jiXkrRoD4w&t=653s
A quad core ryzen or ~3.8-4GHz intel quadcore is around the same.

kek

Attached: 15241006322z6uo19egw_5_1.png (619x452, 17K)

>intel

My wife is so cute

Thanks user. Amazing how a 8 years old still going hanging on.

Attached: 12.jpg (600x473, 101K)

Not that amazing when you consider the CPUs in current gen consoles are barely faster than last gen.
Though it is pretty amazing most titles aren't completely garbage ports.

OH NO NOO

Attached: relative-performance-games-1280-720[1].png (500x1450, 94K)

For video games and multitasking, is there any reason to choose 32GB of RAM over 16GB?

Why can't I change gpu fan speed with MSI Afterburner? I'm using a 2080

>Nzxt h500 somehow has better gpu temps than stock meshify c
What wizardry is this?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/w9FCQZ

How do you calibrate a monitor? I want to change the Brightness 50,80,100,120,200cd/m2 levels but I cant find them on the monitor menu. I have a dell s2417dg btw

RAM amount is directly proportional to your usage. If you hit the pagefile then get more RAM

Enable manual fan control in the setting menu

I'm too lazy and retarded to build a PC, I'm gona buy this build, is it a good deal?

Attached: 2019-02-09_20h28_19.png (1464x648, 394K)

no

why

Would an asus vivobook with a ryzen 5 2500u be a good laptop ? Theirs one for 650 cad

If you must buy a prebuilt, at least get it from iBuyPower. They show the full specs and you can customize what you want. Store prebuilts are so damn trash, they don't even tell you the ram speed, Mobo, PSU, or even what cooler it has. For all we know they cheaped out a fuck ton those and you end up with a PC that performs worse due to throttling and crappy components.

Now that's a shit deal if I've ever sen one. I hope you don't actually think you should buy this, where is this even from? media markt?

r5 will be good for streaming, 16gb 3200mhz is also pretty damn good. 580 is going to be enough for 1080p 60hz, but you can also check for used cards, some pretty good deals too

You can build a 40% more powerful pc for the same price

Looks good but I don't know about that ssd. Why not a 970?

I can't find it. There's nothing in the other menus either

Attached: 94409e3985f97e6edebd3f257f328d08.png (507x927, 122K)

Yeah it's Mediamarkt but Saturn has them too, it's a little cheaper there

How much more ?

How so? I put the same parts in PCpartpicker and it shows more or less the same price, pic related,

Attached: 2019-02-12_00h03_46.png (1187x866, 74K)

FPS drops have hardly anything to do with your monitor. Screen tearing can be get rid of with a nice monitor with adaptive sync though.

pcpartpicker.com/list/GjgZmq
I have a gtx 1060 3gb, and a hdd and 2 ssds. What should I add or change? I plan on getting a gtx 2060 in a month or two so my 1060 will stay for now.

Quite a bit actually. I'm not saying the crucial is bad, it's just their first NVME drive and I haven't heard much about it yet.

My benchmark > your benchmark

Attached: caafaf60bfeba9d-608x342.jpg (608x342, 78K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/4k7MHh
You should prioritize spending more on gpu than cpu

Why do people buy AIOs for non overclockable CPUs? Absolute waste.

Serious overkill on the PSU. Save some money on that and get faster ram since ryzen scales up with ram speed

>90% of 2

NZXT also have a decent building site

There should be a fan tab if there is none try the Beta version of Afterburner

Attached: 1542516420268.png (414x763, 20K)

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Is this good or should I get something else? And I plan on getting a much better card later on so im assuming if the psu will be good for that

>Why do people buy AIOs? Absolute waste.
ftfy

The negative pressure meme

720gamebenchmark.png

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

>anandtech
>not a respectable site

>That is just a personal choice. Personally, I'd recommend the opposite.
>a 1.5k graphics card will last longer than 3 years usually
I specifically recommended the strategy based on predictions about the market in the future, not the past. Gains in ray/path tracing are going to be rapid compared to recent rasterisation improvements and market conditions are shaping up for prices to fall far more quickly than they have during the shortages of the last few years.

Any tips on bending these little guys

Attached: 51658575_381370919124781_829231719545569280_n.jpg (2160x3840, 881K)

>used cards
>ever

Did I fuck up buying a hyper 212 for my R5 2600? Planning to OC

>tfw Radeon VII

Holy shit, the default fan profile is garbage. How the fuck did it ship with this?

You can fix it with a curve in the drivers, but goddamn it's so bad at default.

You were meant to wait for Navi. They don't even want people to buy VII, that's why it's expensive and dodgy.

rate my new gaymen build

maybe im gonna switch to a real 4k monitor but muh ultrawide asshole

pcpartpicker.com/list/J6ZWsZ

mini pipe benders

Attached: FAIMB.jpg (1600x1600, 142K)

>justwait

Nah. I had a budget of $700 for a new GPU, and don't want to buy nvidia.

how tight are compression fittings supposed to be, because i tightened them all the way and i can pull out the tube with ok force

When is the 3700x most likely to come out? Let's put our brains together and think about this.

strawpoll.me/17413629

Attached: hmm.jpg (300x300, 15K)

I have that exact ram in cl14. Good shit, and can be tuned with ryzen dram calculator for even more gains. Also bear in mind the stock cooler is fine for stock clocks, but any serious OC will need a better cooler. Pbo/xfr is better than manual oc anyway

When is the 3700x most likely to come out? Let's put our brains together and think about this.

strawpoll.me/17413643

Attached: hmm.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Based retard

You can get better PSUs for cheaper. If you don't need wifi you can get a cheaper board too but if you do then not much choice. 8/10 similar to mine

Congrats on wasting $700 because you care about brands.

Are there any reliable rumors/leaks about Navi?

I've wanted to do a build with a CPU and CPU of the same brand for so long.
I just need AMD to get their fucking GPU shit together, and make something like a GTX 1080 for an amazing price or something that's better than a 1080 Ti, for me to be able to justify buying a GPU from them.

I'd like to be able to push 100-120FPS on a 3440x1440p monitor, while also going with the same brand for CPU and GPU for AESTHETIC.

I voted for May because I'm trying to be optimistic and really want to do a new (hopefully full) AMD build for my birthday.
Although, I doubt Navi will be out around the same time or before Zen 2, and Radeon VII looks like a bad purchase for only video games.

Seems like a nice meme to me

I'm holding my finger on the trigger on a 9900k system and I'm also considering waiting for either the 3700x or the 3850x.

How likely is it that the 3700x will outperform the 9900k in gaming?

Is Ryzen 5 2600 good enough for streaming or will I need to shell out for Ryzen 7 2700?

Sony's funding and working with AMD on Navi for the PS5. It's going to be 4k 60fps plus ray tracing and it will be relatively cheap.

I have a 1600x. Is it shit now 2 years later?

>How likely is it that the 3700x will outperform the 9900k in gaming?
Considering AMD showed a CPU at CES that isn't even fully finished our perform the i9-9900K, it's guaranteed.

The best part about that is, there's a lot of credible leaks that indicate the CPU that AMD used to barely beat the i9-9900K is not only slightly better, while requiring slightly less watts, BUT it's also likely a Ryzen 5 3600 or 3600X that they managed to do that with.

Rate my build, /pcbg/
pcpartpicker.com/list/Fh2jMZ

...playing my favourite game "cinebench"

Fuck, stop giving me realistic information that drastically increases my hype.
I want to believe so fucking bad that you're right, but AMD's graphics division keeps disappointing.

If I can get a Navi GPU that's more powerful than a 1080 Ti for less than $700, I'll fucking cry tears of show.

That was a synthetic benchmark utilizing all the cores though. How many cores did the AMD CPU at CES have?

Gaming will benefit more from high clocks on fewer cores.

>buying Nvidia

Driver hell is real on linux, gaymur pleb

Even if the Ryzen 5 3600X is slightly worse than the i9-9900K for video games, it's going to cost $250 at the most.
That's a slightly worse performing CPU in video games for half the price.
Only a man child Incel shill would act like that isn't a big deal.

tears of joy.*
Jesus I can't type for shit.

check if it has the proper brackets for am4, otherwise it's gonna mount sideways. it's not the absolute best but still pretty good, slap a 2nd fan on it for better results

>How many cores did the AMD CPU at CES have?
8-cores, 16-threads. Which is what the Risen 5 line is supposed to move to.
Ryzen 7 is supposed to be 12-cores, 24-threads.

So the Ryzen 5 3600X will likely be the best or second best (second to i9-9900K) CPU for video games, at only $200-$250.

They only disappointed with the VII because they are so confident about their future stuff and they're happy to lower expectations now and blow everyone away at the end of the year. VII is literally a canceled project that they decided to release anyway to give more time to perfect Navi.

That's what I've heard from the rumors, but AMD also fucked up with Vega, and they never managed to release a high-end RX 500 series GPU.
They haven't been able to release a decent high-end GPU at decent price for, what, over 4 years?
That's extremely concerning.

No sense releasing uncompetitive stuff when you can go all out focus for something 5 years down the road that can dominate. Zen's just coming together now, hopefully Navi is the same.

PCPartPicker part list: ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ld3QMZ
Price breakdown by merchant: ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ld3QMZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($228.00 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.90 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($160.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Gaming 8G Video Card ($269.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $738.88

Do you think you'd be able to stream Apex Legends with this at 1080p with a 60Hz monitor? I already have a case, PSU, storage.
Would you say these brands and parts are of good quality?
Any bottlenecks or imbalances in the parts chosed?

The drone cope here is hilarious. They still think amd will deliver something good after 5 years of disappointment.
You say the same shit every year, just stop.