Who here only uses a laptop and no desktop...

Who here only uses a laptop and no desktop? I'm only going to be on a laptop for the foreseeable future and I really miss a desktop.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 37K)

Feet

me, the i7-4800MQ i have is almost equivalent to a desktop i7-3770 so it's fine by me
a thinkpad + docking station + external monitor/peripherals is pretty much a desktop though

I suppose it depends on the quality of said machine. I have a Dell Latitude, second hand. i3, 3GB of RAM. I suppose I can't complain, I got it for free.

Model?

T440p

I do the exact opposite, I don't really use a laptop anymore. My old laptop which must now be like 10 years old is pulling HTPC duty.

I just bought a clickpad from chinkland, should have saved it for a quad core. I have another laptop with an i7 4th gen quad. It runs fucking smooth, they haven't improved much. Maybe like 1.5 for 5 times the money, though the efficiency in U professors gets better

I just wish laptops didn't have awful chiclet keyboards. Even thinkpads joined the trend.

Me because i'm a poorfag even by eastern european standards.

Cute feet, but her face ruins it

i want to smell her feet so badly. they probably smell fucking terrible, I'd cum from one whiff between her toes

*gulp* can I smell your feet?

Imagine a big black cock fucking her feets ...

I've been using only a laptop for the last 6 years, and I hate it.
Right now I am saving to build a desktop, aiming for some 1440p at 100+Hz by the middle of the year

I use a laptop with a monitor. It's freeing to not have an ugly, loud and big desktop standing around. The next step would be just a laptop with no monitor but these small full hd displays are taxing on my eyes.

Yusing only an inferior version of an powerful machine
>being proud of it
>posting on Jow Forums

Use it as a thin client for a powerful server or workstation

Feet

She has no idea that she has perfect arches and should be modeling her feet for cash.

a true footfag would never shit up a thread with these post. I hope you're joking you fucking faggot

based

I use an X240 with an i7-4600U, 8GB RAM, LP125WF2-SPB2 1080p IPS panel, X250 trackpad with physical trackpoint buttons, 256GB M.2 SSD, and a 500GB spinner.
Good enough for my needs for now, though I wish it supported more RAM.
I plan to replace the spinner with a 2TB SSD in the near future.

Me, while I love PC building general, I always harbour great love for laptop, eversince I first see it in 2000s.
Used to own a PC, but now most of work are done in my 2014-2015 laptop

Desktop only to play vidya.

Only degenerates mate outside their race. Go back to your tranny discord.

Thinkbro reporting
I use a T450 for most everything since it's hellaportable. I have a T520 at home which is hella comfy and an X200 tablet which needs some work before I'll feel safe using it daily.

Pros:
>normie
>can take main set-up anywhere
>with dock+external is pretty comfy

Cons
>bad for media (low hdd space, shit speakers, small screen)

Carry some headphones and get a dock for home.

You are either a cuck or a nigger. kys.

The only parts i need before i can be a non laptop nerd is a monitor, keyboard and Cpu. Im almost there boys

I use both. Laptops give you versatility, easy setup and , but upgrading them is still not great, even though if it's easier than before. Desktops are comfy, potent, easily upgradable, have a larger variation in size, weight and style, also are cheaper if you value the cost benefit. But it somehow needs more care than a laptop and have to set it up when you move it, which is also way easier than before.

The laptops with external graphics and storage looks like a great combo for me, but those damn adapters are expensive. If I had the money I would get a laptop with thunderbolt, an external GPU and a NAS server. MY laptop is pic related, the thing I hate about it is it's made by HP and the CPU clock speed is locked, it runs at 2 GHz at most when it should run up 3.6 GHz.

Attached: 11039088508958.jpg (740x740, 122K)

Damn, I wanna kiss those ankles so madly!!

I want to rub my dick against her soles

Same. I only use a laptop because I don't have room for a desktop. I share a house with 5 other people, and there are only 3 rooms. My room is 90% taken up by two beds and I have a small desk that is only 3 feet wide. If I had space, I would totally use a desktop, but since I don't I just use my little desk or lay down on my bed and use it.

I can do everything I can on a desktop. Since I'm using Linux, I don't do video production (and that's a feature btw). I use a Dell Latitude E5420 and it has an amazingly nice backlit keyboard. Shitty screen though, but I mostly just browse 4C and program. It's nice to be able to just take everything on the go, I used to work at a start up and I was able to bring my laptop there without any hassle of setting it up.

>but upgrading them is still not great, even though if it's easier than before.
It's fucking worse than before as every cunting manufacturer tries to out thin one and other, so they solder everything to the motherboard. You want something upgradable, you have to buy business shit, or bottom barrel consumer shit made cheaply.

Yeah the built in speakers are pretty bad, I plug in external speakers to my thinkpad when I'm at home.

Pretty much me right now (free from a previous job). If I'm not poor in the near future it'll be the first thing I'm upgrading. Not sure what to yet.

Attached: backpack.jpg (480x360, 38K)

Imagine the smell

fuck off shes cute

Get a monitor or two and a mouse and keyboard

asked for it

Attached: 000542.png (664x216, 95K)

I have a docking station, I don't know how to answer this question

I use Arch laptop and headless window Machine which I use to stream games and stuff over LAN to the laptop and steam link.

Central computer streaming to remote interfaces is the future.

I feel sad knowing that the first thing I thought was "is she crazy? the laptop will overheat on the bed"

Me. It sucks, it's a cheapo model from six or seven years ago and I can't do much of anything on it, well, not what I want to anyway. My decent laptop died a little while ago and I've been NEET af for too long to afford anything decent.

The Sun's got to rise sometime, I'm sure.

I use a laptop because I'm a poor unemployed virgin and the only thing I can afford is a 5 year old cheap laptop that costed 450€

f-feet...

I've been AFD for over a year now, and yes it sucks, thinkpad docking station Is a must imo

Using a laptop only is fine if you use a docking station + better peripherals at home, because that's what ultimately matters for the experience unless you need to perform heavy computing tasks which require power a laptop can't provide.
It's simply more comfortable, more productive and more ergonomic with respect to just using that tiny shitty screen and almost always shitty keyboard.
Unless you really are piss poor, there is no excuse to cripple yourself using a laptop alone without docks in a fixed position such as an office or home.

feet

what are you some boomer? pc is DEAD everything is mobile now, how the hell are you supposed to run from the cops with a PC?

I travel often so I can’t really have a desktop, but a Thinkpad is a good alternative imo

> heavy computing tasks
fapping at 300 pounds is strenuous activity

Just buy a monitor and a keyboard and you have a desktop-like experience.

I feel sad too, for you. Even though that laptop *may* be a piece of shit, mine and many other laptops can run with the fan off most of the time, having no problems at all in such a situation.