New to the internet security scene. does anyone know of a good vpn i could use? are payed vpns worth it?

new to the internet security scene. does anyone know of a good vpn i could use? are payed vpns worth it?

Attached: VPN_small.png (300x300, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/WireGuard
perfect-privacy.com/blog/2018/10/10/wireguard-vpn-pros-and-cons/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If youre not paying with money, youre paying with something else

fucking waste of a thread but mullvad is based af

Truer words have never been spoken.

Just make your own VPN. You don't really trust them when they say no logs are kept, right?

>muh space
thanks b

>new to the internet security scene
people with shitty paid vpn subscriptions are not in the "scene". Buying a $5/mo vpn and using it does not make you in the security scene, or knowledgable, you fucking loser.

Buy any logless vpn that has historically been subpoenaed and provided nothing of value. Anyone talking about the VPN they use being great is full of shit and probably retarded. If it hasn't been subject to a subpoena and made headlines, it's a shot in the dark. Free VPNs rely on mining your data, and are not secure.

Are you fucking stupid? If you make your own VPN and use it with the intent to hide your browsing activity, then everything you do will be tunneled to wherever you host it. It defeats the entire purpose of a VPN. If you are subject to a subpoena, law enforcement will be sent directly to your house and raid your shit, which could potentially help them find more incriminating things down the line, apart from whatever the reason for the warrant/subpoena in the first place.

The entire reason VPNs work is that tens of thousands of users share a single IP address and all tunnel their traffic through a large company's VPN service. When one of the users breaks the law/does something worthy of a subpoena, the large company has no logs and is unable to provide any useful information on which of their subscribers was responsible.

This is why you don't take advice from people on Jow Forums. Seriously, could it be possible to be any dumber? There is a difference between using a paid VPN subscription service and having the software "openvpn" installed. Retard

i asked for a recommendation and you gave me a pointless rant. your life must be shit. not even upset. i just feel sorry for you.

>set up a server for only your internet activity
>t. three letter agent

you couldn't figure it out yourself and trust randos on Jow Forums without thinking. I feel bad that it's possible to be this dumb, hope you get arrested for whatever stupid shit you're doing

shut the fuck up reddit

>op describes himself new to the internet security scene.
>gets actual information on why op is retarded
>"pointless rant"

openvpn is shit. use wireguard

i literally came here to ask if anybody had a preferred vpn. if someone recommended a vpn for whatever reason, i would obviously do my fucking research on it further before i do anything. you're clearly stuck up for assuming everyone's retarded except you. go back to fixing macbooks you fucking loser

>openvpn is shit. use wireguard
Again, idiot spotted.

You really think it's smart to trust a new VPN software that hasn't undergone security audits or even medium-scale adoption in secure deployments. Even the arch wiki has a big fucking red banner warning about wireguard.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/WireGuard

New open source technologies historically WILL have critical bugs. If security is your goal over performance, you'd be a moron to use a new player over one of the most studied/audited securitry softwares on the planet.

private internet access and nordvpn have both been subject to subpoenas, and provided nothing of value. They're also some of the biggest players, and dirt cheap. Try both out for free, you should get up to gigabit speeds on both, see which offers better latency.

compare codebases and tell me which is easier to audit. Sure, openvpn is tried and true and tested, but the sooner we all adopt wireguard and do the same for it, the better

t. Doesnt know how to set up a vpn

Why wouldn't you just use ipsec ike? Why does everyone have to reinvent the wheel

perfect-privacy.com/blog/2018/10/10/wireguard-vpn-pros-and-cons/

Use this vpn company. Tired of Jow Forums shilling shit tier things on this dumpster of a Website

Attached: E75ECB21-0B84-4B80-AFC4-26FB6E000AAA.jpg (1077x1604, 764K)

This. Just got these guys 1 week ago. Only thing that sucks is Netflix is banned on most of their servers except London 2 data center

Attached: E43DD5B1-B6B3-45F9-8028-A01142D5832C.gif (194x269, 498K)

Wireuguard is a vpn serv software, not a premium vpn service. Do you know of any companies that implement their vpn services via wireguard as a backend?

Running the wireguard software out of your house will provide no anonymity

besides azire, which has never been subject to a subpoena or had any claims tested

mullvad has wireguard servers

USE DRAGONFLYVPN CREATED BY MY FRIEND IN TOKYO,

Proton VPN, free and good, also made by a trusted name

Of course it's worth it. It's like 100$ for 3 years. If you can't afford that, consider ending your life

Attached: file.png (543x222, 10K)

imagine paying $100 for 3 years for a vpn when you could buy hacked accounts for $2.00 and it lasts for years

Attached: Screenshot_3.jpg (837x627, 36K)

Imagine if you were living a life where 98$ over 3 years made a difference to you

Must be a horrible existence.

You have the mindset of a poor consumerfag individual

Spending money you don't have "just cause"

lol enjoy the debt

I've heard a lot of great stuff about NordVPN.
Planning on using the service to breach the Chinese firewall and watch their TV programs.
Trying to learn Mandarin atm.

Attached: 1547383595646.jpg (293x323, 16K)

where do you even go about reliably buying these

>inb4 some shitty darknet market

I don't trust any other VPN provider than ProtonVPN, and, actually, my ISP is DNS spoofing me from accessing to this VPN.

Liked & subscribed

Nordvpn gas a huge amount of servers, and are cheap. Don't trust them though.