Why?

Why?

Attached: 6A15E93C-75FE-41BD-9E3D-DAADE4822002.jpg (300x168, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

b-ok.cc/book/2359329/0779a1
amazon.com/dp/1594032556/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do normies do this?

Because they're too retarded to open the computer and disconnect a ribbon cable?

Yea. Every time i want to use it need to spend 30 min to open laptop and put everything back
It's the simplest solution and just works

Because fagOS is proprietary closed-source botnet trash that spies on everything you do.

Attached: article-630x354.0a16d38b.jpg (630x354, 36K)

Why not? If you're not going to use the webcam it's no reason to not block the webcam.

because muh privacy and big brother. most of the time they are normies with no personality and noone would even bother spying on them.
Its just a way for those people to feel like they are important.

Just in case. Same reason I wear seatbelts and condoms.

To prevent being spied on? With my ex I had my phone setup to constantly steam her phone/laptop camera.

Threadly reminder that the then-director of the fucking FBI (Comey) stated that he taped over his webcam.
That should tell you something, goys.

Attached: 1549772814519.png (1000x1000, 419K)

iPhones and Macs literally spy on everything you say and do, and they only closed this one when they got caught. They'll be releasing another backdoor soon.

Attached: 1531060530224.png (657x908, 396K)

What do you do when you want to use the F6.5 key while on a video call?

nuthin personel, kid

>fbi directors puts tape
>the zuck puts tape
>contrarian know it alls on Jow Forums says it's stupid
It takes two seconds, it's easy to remove if you need to use webcam, it obviously blocks any webcam spying, even if light comes on they could capture images before you cover cam tape no problem, vast majority of laptops do not have hardware cutoffs.

Look at this fucking retard
He mocks people for not being autistic enough to waste time and open up computer whne little piece of tape does the trick and can easily be removed and put back on.

>Every time i want to use it
Yes, never.

you should worry about the microphone and speakers too

>speakers
Are you retarded?

>he doesn't disable camera in bios/device manager

You can turn a speaker into a microphone, retard.

I think some lenovo's new laptops have curtains

Most companies do Skype interviews basement dweller

>device manager
If you use Windows why are you worried about privacy? By using Windows you have already surrendered all of your data to Microsoft.

>there's no reason not to

...isn't really a valid argument. do you remove keys you don't use? disconnect other ports you don't use?

the only argument for taping your webcam is that you're being spied on. honestly I don't know enough about computers and security to say if there's a decent chance of this happening.

what I do know, however, is that there isn't a whole lot to gain from spying, imo. you will never see my credit card number, even when I look at my card. when I jerk off you won't see my cock. you'll mostly just see my face all the time. it just seems like there are so many other ways for hackers to get the info they're after.

You can't turn a DAC into an ADC though

yes, and you can turn a scanner into a printer.
>he doesn't smash his laptop before using it

I dual boot with Linux.

Firstly, that doesn't answer my question. Secondly, Linux is just a kernel.

>Webcam place skips an F key
Try again idiot

Missing the joke
To quote an idiot
>Try again idiot

So you are okay with the risk of someone recording you jerking off because you can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes taping your camera. Blackmailing exists, do you think the chinks who've compromised your computer will stop at emptying your credit card?

Attached: 1542919105338.png (744x817, 153K)

Kek cant decide if bait or 6,5 IQ

who cares if a complete stranger you'll never meet sees you jerking off? how insecure are you?

A lot of soundcards in laptops and computers these days have multi-purpose ports that can be used as input or output through software, it's not much of a stretch to think that the same is happening with your laptop speakers

>takes 2 seconds
>Better safe than sorry
>Not everyone gets a boner over customOS

Feel free to upload a video of you jerking off in that case, we're just strangers which won't see you in real life.

Also who says they won't send it to people you do know if you don't comply.

Even if my laptop was outside the house and all they could see is a bunch of bushes, I still wouldn't want them to. It's about control.

I'm not going to do that, but if you saw one I wouldn't care, because I don't know you
The chances of you being personally blackmailed with footage of you jerking off are extraordinarily low, and if someone tried I wouldnt pay them

This scares and confuses NSA.

pic related

Attached: bm.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Not who you were responding to (literally my first post in the thread) but people like you are the absolute worst. You judge others negatively for taking steps to protect their privacy, but won't actually live by the words you spout. You've been given a worst-case scenario, and you insist that it wouldn't be a big deal, yet won't actually do it yourself to prove how little of a deal it is.

Because they watch black mirror

>won't actually live by the words you spout
nowhere did I say I want to upload videos of myself jerking off for the pleasure of other anonymous posters on Jow Forums
I would be kind of upset if it was on Jow Forums, because I use Jow Forums, but if it's in the data banks of a spy agency, I don't give a shit

I'm not picking up the torch for that other user. I just think you're full of shit. Combined with your actions (or rather, your lack thereof), your words convince precisely nobody of anything.

If you can't tell the difference between wilfully exposing yourself somewhere you inhabit and having your data autonomously collected by someone you'll never meet you have autism

According to our board mascot, Louis Rossmann (he's Italian, not Jewish, you silly bois), it's foolhardy to just remove the webcam. Why not take it a step further and take out the microphone too?

>be NSA
>have Webcam + Microphone on like a good goy
>cover webcam because you think you're clever
>"I HATE THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE"
>"I HOPE HE FUCKING DIES"
>guy dies by pure coincidence
>get vanned

versus taking out the microphone and having the webcam on

>make crazy hand animations"
>guy dies by pure coincidence
>nothing happens

Attached: louis.jpg (1271x760, 63K)

>who cares if a complete stranger you'll never meet sees you jerking off? how insecure are you?
>I'd be upset if me jerking off got uploaded to an anonymous cartoon site
Pick one

Attached: 1546868277515.jpg (400x342, 90K)

>implying the only threat is from big data

Can't directly prove that it is your voice.

Ahahah i love this.one.

Every time privacy discussion pops up whit my norme friends they throw this shit argument. I have nothing to hide
I tell all my female friwnfs if you have nothing to hide why don't you show me your pussy. We've been friends for years. You don't care if some stranger see it but you hide it from your friends? Do do enjoy being watched naked by strangers? Is this your fetish? Or do you think that wasting all that time hacking your shit deserves a reward as in your pussy? Should i hack your laptop/phone camera also? Would you like that? You can tell me we are friends aren't we?

Crickets

people here aren't complete strangers
I visit Jow Forums every day, many people I know do aswell

If you can't understand that the difference in consequence between willfully exposing yourself to an unknown party and an unknown party seeing you expose yourself without your knowledge, then you are retarded. If you DO realize, and are still unwilling to do one while refusing to protect yourself form the other, then you're just a hypocrite.

The only consequence is my embarrassment, and I feel no embarrassment if someone I'll never meet at a data center in america sees a video of me jerking off

In this context, there is little difference. While any fag that minse data for any reason should be punished, being complacent and foregoing simple preventive steps is just as bad.

Who says it's a data center? Could be a stranger. I'm a stranger. Expose yourself to me.

Yea , how about it posts it on your social media page. Or your family social media page. Or your employer social media page?

>being complacent and foregoing simple preventive steps is just as bad.
its my data, I'm free to share it with whomever I want

Fair

I wouldn't willingly expose myself to anyone, I just don't care if it happens via data survelliance

I consider that extraordinarily unlikely and even if it happened, the consequences would only be embarrassment

Attached: 3587856000000578-0-image-a-7_1466548290768.jpg (636x382, 61K)

>I just don't care if it happens via data surveillance.
Yes, you do. The fact that you wouldn't expose yourself to me, a stranger, while claiming that you don't care if strangers sees you expose yourself, proves this fact.

Maybe maybe not. Maybe sone /b/ niggers would like to mess with you. Happened a lot of times. Why not avoid any possibility? It's simple, cheap, toke no effort and it werks

Not caring if someone sees you is substanially different to going out of your way to make sure someone sees you
This is a basic human thing I'm surprised you can't grasp

>I consider that extraordinarily unlikely and even if it happened, the consequences would only be embarrassment
So you admit it could happen, and that you would be embarrassed? You are tacitly admitting that you wouldn't expose yourself to strangers here, who have no idea who you are, where you're from, or what you do, but you'd be fine if someone had root access to your laptop, and all that comes with it.

You're a hypocrite, and you can consider the conversation ended.

was it ever proven that (they) use the webcam and microphone for surveilance?
analysing network trafic?
I don't even have a webcam in my laptop but this seems like 'better safe than sorry' kind of thing

I'm no mac expert but what is down? Mic, usb, lan? Why is is taped? Isn't the mic near the webcam?

The consequence from either is the same. You are seen by a stranger.

It's the mic.

it's extremely unlikely and the consequences would be extremely small, so much so that if you're worried about things like that you have paranoia

Well I don't want them to see me wanking, but if they hear my laboured and tiresome economic diatribes it might change their opinions on things for the better, so I'm going to leave the mic alone for now.

>So you admit it could happen, and that you would be embarrassed?
yes
I am not embarrassed by the thought that someone at the NSA is viewing my activity though, because it's totally seperate from me inconsequential
Nowhere did I say I'd be fine if someone had root access to my computer

By that logic, if I loaded a bullet into 500 revolvers, would you pick up one of them, move it to your head, and pull the trigger? Would you say that people are paranoid if they refuse to?

The effects of both scenarios are permanent, after all.

>black tape over the white bit
>white tape over the black bit

Everything that man does is starting irritate me.

no because the consequences are far worse and there's no point in taking that action because you stand to gain nothing
how stupid are you

In what way is death a worse consequence than what could potentially be seen on a webcam? You could wind up unemployable and homeless, or even in jail getting raped depending on what was seen.

inb4 "I don't do anything illegal." People commit an average of 3 felonies per day without even knowing it.

I don't do drugs and I can't think of anything else you do infront of a webcam that could get you in trouble
what the fuck are you talking about

bbbbut guys if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about xD

>What the fuck are you even talking about?
b-ok.cc/book/2359329/0779a1
Alternatively:
amazon.com/dp/1594032556/

so can you actually tell me what im gonna do infront of my webcam that will get me in trouble, because im struggling to think of anything

I don't know what you do in front of your webcam. But let's assume it's your preferred scenario: data collection or government agency. Let's say you commit one of your 3 felonies per day in front of them, and they want something from you. Either you can play ball, or you can go to jail. Would your uncovered webcam affect you beyond embarrassment then?

because chrome turns it on and records you when you're jerking off

>Let's say you commit one of your 3 felonies per day in front of them
I don't
I can't think of anything I do that is a felony
the worst thing I do is pirate things, and that doesnt show up on my webcam

Oh? What three felonies did you commit today? How about yesterday? The day before?

>I can't think of anything I do that is a felony.
That's not your job. That's the government's when they want something from you.

The bottom line is that several people have given you a number of reasons to place a piece of electrical tape over your camera. You've not adequately defended any one of your positions, including your preferred method of being seen (by government/data collection agencies).

You don't want to do it? Fine, don't. But you're doing the exact same thing as pulling that trigger in the scenario mentioned here:

>The bottom line is that several people have given you a number of reasons
the only reason you've given is that I apparently commit three felonies a day which is ludicrously untrue and you can't say anything to back that point up short of linking to a book I'm not going to buy
It sounds like you're a criminal yourself, in which case covering up your camera is probably a smart idea, just don't act like everyone else is

>short of linking to a book I'm not going to buy
For someone so arrogant, you sure are dumb. Check the first link.

It's a free copy.

alright then, not going to read, but if you're making such an outrageous claim you should be able to demonstrate how without asking me to read a 300 page book

>Not going to read
And that's up to you.
>you should be able to demonstrate how without asking me to read a 300 page book
Let's say I knew you, as well as every single law on the book. I still wouldn't, because I find you to be quite arrogant, and would prefer that you find yourself in a compromising situation because you couldn't be bothered to either disconnect or tape up your laptop camera.

Or because opening up your company issued hardware that is on lease is usually frowned upon.

Nothing I ever do on camera can be remotely considered illegal. It really sounds like you're projecting here, most people do nothing remotely illegal on cam unless they're into drugs. The biggest risk is someone sees you jerking off or sniffing your balls or something, which as I've said, is embarrassing but not life-ruining. That's not arrogance, thats the just the truth

I didn't realize I was speaking to a lawyer who knew every single law on the books, as well as an expert of anthropology in the western world.

>People commit an average of 3 felonies per day without even knowing it.
Whew, has facecrime already been added to the legislation?

are there laws against eating, using a computer and jerking off, because if not I'm clean
you're either a paranoid schizo or you're trying to justify your own criminal behaviour by pretending everyone's guilty

Well now you know.

Bullshit. Speakers are driven by Class D amplifier without any feedback by of-the-shelf ICs that have public datasheets. There's no fucking way you could do that. Also, speakers are way less sensitive at picking up sounds compared to microphones, so imagine how much noise you would get while amplifying that weak signal

>are there laws against eating, using a computer and jerking off
You're the lawyer with knowledge of all the different felonies, you tell me.
>you're either a paranoid schizo or you're trying to justify your own criminal behavior by pretending everyone's guilty
If I'm a paranoid schizo, I don't have any symptoms. As for criminal behavior, we are all criminals. I don't know what laws I break on a daily basis, but I'm as certain that I unknowingly break laws as I am that you do.

Worst case scenario for me is that I took a second to tape up a camera. Worst case scenario for you is that you become compromised and forced to do things that you otherwise wouldn't do in order to stop certain information from becoming public.

But I'm pretty bored by this, and you seem to be as stubborn as you are arrogant. You do you.

>You're the lawyer with knowledge of all the different felonies, you tell me.
No, they aren't illegal

>Worst case scenario for you is that you become compromised and forced to do things that you otherwise wouldn't do in order to stop certain information from becoming public.
if footage of me becomes public then I feel sorry for whoever has to watch it, I can't see myself being blackmailed

>5,000 federal criminal statues
>400,000 regulations carrying criminal penalties
>not even touching on state/county/local statues/regulations
>Is so confident that he is not breaking, has not broken, and will never break any of them in front of his laptop camera that he will not cover said camera with a piece of electrical tape.

Not who you were responding to, but do you consider yourself excessively prideful? If not, why not?

like I said, eat, work, and jerk off, if I break any laws it's on my computer, which you can't see
also I'm not American

>Zuck does it
>Congress does it
Why are you so butt hurt about it, hmmmm NSA?

This.