Convince an average consumer like myself why i should use Linux

Convince an average consumer like myself why i should use Linux.

Using Windows 10 and i barely play games, but its a nice option to have.

Attached: thinking.jpg (400x400, 23K)

No you shouldn't use GNU/Linux, it's better if you would but yeah. Let me tell you a story
>on airplane aisle seat
>window seat is an average grill
>on the middle is your average sojaboi
>sojaboi talks with grill
>few moments later pulls his MacBook and runs flstudio trying to show off that hes some elite fag because flstudio has knobs graphs and shit for passes, filters, effects etc
>she doesn't even notice
>poor boi closes his laptop
>air hostess brings coffee
>he spills over probably because of low self-esteem because she didn't notice his haxxor powers
>I gave him some tissue to wipe it
>mfw I'm a PhD in ee and I know way more shit on DSP theory that I could write an entire daw any fucking day
Feels good to hide your power level
Moral: don't think you'll impress girls by using an OS or a kernel or a software or a hardware.

>Better performance
>More options
>Better privacy
>Free
>Pro-User

this is maybe the most autistic thing ive read this year

you shouldnt, fuck off back to windows you dumb cunt

Well it's true tho. I didn't make one bit of it and that incident was really memorable, especially when that fag spilled coffee. Honestly I had to let it out, so I hijacked this thread for my blog

since we're randomly telling cringe stories heres mine.

>working as cashier at small take-out place
>grill waiting for her order and reading book
>tacobell fucboi walks in
>fake gold rolex, tag hanging off his skinny-jean, baseball cap
>yells out SUP MAMI at grill
>sits at her table
>she looks up and then continues reading her book
>fuccboi looks at me
>i look at him and i laugh while shaking my head
>he is surely embarassed
>contemplates suicides for couple of seconds
>then he walks out

actually happened lmfao

let this fag be an a story of why you should use windows.
> pays money for a shitty coach seat on major airline
> creeps on plebian female while on shitty plane ride
> pretends he's better than other plebian on the plane ride
> tells a story about it on basket weaving message board

yeah...

>windows 10
it just werks
>loonix
>no wifi drivers
>no audio drivers
>no games

it just works
but i won't. just don't complain about it

>waaaah why doesn't oldoldstable feature support for my bootleg wifi waaaaah

>mfw I'm a PhD in ee and I know way more shit on DSP theory that I could write an entire daw any fucking day
I've seen what happens when EEs try to write code, it's not pretty

Attached: el.jpg (700x933, 54K)

sperglet detected

lmao. Ive meet couple of people like that irl
>> creeps on plebian female while on shitty plane ride
>> pretends he's better than other plebian on the plane ride
I wish i could do that user. I'm pretty autistic. I didn't even look at them much nor spoke a word to them. I was watching trivia on screen at the front the whole time. I find it pretty hard to socialize/look at people

Terry was an ee tho

>install Linux on my windows laptop
>Wifi doesn't work
>Battery life cut in half
>Screen tearing all over the place
>Playing YouTube videos is now laggy as fuck
>Can't install Photoshop or Ms word for work
>Can't play league of legends with my friend

>its your fault wifi isn't compatible with loonix
Instead of fixing the issue, you go straight for the standard loonix answer.

>NO GAMES
>SHIT DRIVERS
>LITTLE HARDWARE SUPPORT
>SHIT SOFTWARE
>UNSTABLE
>DOESN'T JUST WERK™
GET FUCKED LINKEKS

Attached: 1527230459406.jpg (200x325, 28K)

Check what programs you use, they may be completely unavailable on Linux without WINE. If the programs you use exist on Linux, you can easily switch to a lightweight free OS. For example I use Office, Steam, Foobar2000, FastStone image viewer, Mp3tag and many other Win-only programs a LOT. So Linux would be a terrible choice for me.

I've installed Lubuntu and Kubuntu on a 2009 laptop and 2013 desktop respectively and never had any such issues. Everything was auto-detected and I managed to increase the laptop's performance quite a bit. Why does this happen on some people's systems?

pic not related

Attached: peep99909.png (1152x820, 402K)

>follow some obscure instruction to set up midi
>graphical interface stops working and system boots to what looks like dos prompt screen

loonix.

did he died

linux feels super slow to me, everythings laggy, browsers tear the screen up and it just gets worse with time

This. Switching is just too painful bros. I've got everything set up like I want it. I can use Word's equation editor and copy past the equations to a CAS for college homework and it just works, while the Libreoffice is just a Latex bootleg that doesn't work with a CAS.
I've got my IDEs set up.
I've got gsync on a freesync monitor which mostly works without a flaw.
I've got the browsers, adblock, web dev and 4chanx plugins already set up and configured.
I've got GTA V configured for best graphics/fps balance for when I wan't entertainment.
The explorer has a shit ton of viewing and searching options.
I've got updates disabled and I rarely miss them.
Everything works fast and for the most part flawlessly.
Only flaws are the privacy and the fact that it's almost impossible to change the boring flat meme theme that comes by default.
Linux is good for AMDGPU supported low-power computers, but on novidya it's buggy and slow as fuck, especially Firefox. And the whole point of using Linux is getting rid of the botnet, which chromium is (sure there's ungoogled-chromium, but how can you trust they didn't miss anything? plus I doubt you could apply the vaapi patch on that version, and I don't want to compile fucking chromium).

You didn't even understand the post, as expected. I bet that you have way too much experience with loonix to speak up.

This, if Linux was smooth and crisp like Windows, I'd move to Linux completely and never go back.