This is your brain on open source

This is your brain on open source.

docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/tutorials/io/encrypting_save_games.html

Attached: 1549913521648.png (738x609, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/godotengine/godot
docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/getting_started/step_by_step/scenes_and_nodes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cope

> These individuals need to keep focusing on their video games (because not doing so will produce them a tremendous existential angst)

this is what novidyas actually believe

who cares

Attached: 1548592784851.png (500x382, 27K)

this can't be real

>that shitly written butt hurt wall of text
i dont get it, there is still 2 months till april fools day
?!?!

Completely irrelevant when IAP emulators exist. Also GameGuardian.

It's supposed to be a joke
but it's a pretty unfunny one

>getting mad at jokes
Are you Indian, French or American?

be against something, but still give the choice to do it.
nice.

It's the truth.

>encrypt game save so the player can't edit save files
>they just load up cheat engine and directly change values in the game engine itself and then save the game

100% good idea. I'd do that if I were making a game.

This is truly awful. Any documentation spicier than MSDN is unacceptable.

Attached: no_fun_allowed.jpg (448x473, 70K)

It's quite a funny read but the offered solution does not achieve the desired effect. Nothing is stopping you from finding out the key in game code, decrypting save data, editing it, and encrypting it again using the same key.

You need asymmetric crypto for this and encrypted data should be provided from server.

it isn't about preventing people from doing something genius, it's about making it more difficult

This is not genius. C# code is trivial to decompile. It would be more difficult to actually figure out what byte does what in decrypted data than to decrypt it.

If you're going to put this much effort just to cheat by editing the save game wouldn't it be easier to inject the cheats you want into memory with some tool like cheat engine then save?

who said anything about C#
You're never going to make something uncrackable if you have both the data and decrypter on your own hard drive, all you do is some basic encyption so people cant open it up with a text editor

All that would do is make it trickier. Implementing game logic on the server is the only way to fully prevent cheating.

If you can make cheating take effort, you'll stop 99% of players from bothering. That Harry Potter game makes half a million a day, because normalfags don't want to touch a memory editor.

Well, the article assumes the attacker is going to edit the file... I'm not saying it is a good assumption, but my point is his solution does not protect against what he assumes attacker will do.

The desired effect is to stop normies from fucking around, even though it's completely unnecessary - phone users are either full "what is a computah" or "I have root, fuck off", there's no in between.

>who said anything about C#
This is a C# game engine...

>You're never going to make something uncrackable if you have both the data and decrypter on your own hard drive
You have both the data and decrypter, you don't have any means to encrypt the data. You can crack the executable to make it read unencrypted save files, but you can't produce the encrypted buffer that would work for original unchanged executable.

This is why you encrypt memory too, so unencrypted values can only appear in CPU registers

Normies won't be able to edit save games in hex editors. Those normies who can will also be able to run the decryption/encryption tool.

>patch the in-game call to app store in order to always return transaction successful
>???
>profit
I've blazed through most games without editing a save file

Amateurs. Encrypt your registers also.

There is a middle ground "I want root, fuck off chink niggers reeeee". For people who fell for the chink phone shilling.

you have the encrypter and decrypter in the executable file
you dont need to crack the exe, all you need to do is observe how it works so you can encrypt and decrypt it yourself

no. msdn is too spicy. documentation should get straight to the point at all times. video lectures are an exception.

>Not encrypting your ASM instructions
Heh plebs like you are going to get hacked by a disassembler.

>you have the encrypter and decrypter in the executable file
With his solution, yes you do. With what I suggested , no, you don't have encrypter in the executable file.

>not coming up with your own architecture and requiring people to purchase your processor in order to play your game
It's like you're asking for your shit to be hacked.

I remember one of the first programs I've made in C was to edit GTA2 save files. The thing didn't have any checksums and was very small, so I loved to fiddle about and check what happened if I changed it bit by bit.
Rothbard should be proud of me.

asm instructions are in memory and memory is already encrypted pay attention next time........kid

forcing the user to go online just so they cant hack your game would not go down well

>This is a C# game engine...
>Object-oriented API, with language options such as GDScript, Visual Script, C# and C++.
also, it's written in c++ github.com/godotengine/godot

This is more or less what the TPM module does. Fortunately it never took off outside of some advanced corporate shit.

I run a modified version of x86_64 with patched support for encrypted ASM calls.
Your solution can easily be JIT disassembled as the instructions are decrypted from memory and loaded into the register.
Plebeian.

Every game that has microtransactions is always online already.

Disagree. This is for mobile users and they eat it and ask for more. Most mobile games already require internet access.

The code snippet with solution they have is C#. There's also GDScript but I imagine it can also be decompiled quite easily.

mobile trash doesn't qualify as a game

It went down fine actually.
Mobile users and majority of normie PC users are corn fed cattle when it comes to data security, privacy, and control over their machines.

This thread is about mobile trash.

godot doesnt require you to make mobile shit last i checked

forced online really tanked sim city 5

>encrypt save file to prevent modification
>player simply modifies memory addresses in game to do modifications instead
>encryption key is also in the client and can be extracted

>player simply modifies memory addresses
Most players can't do that. Most people don't even have root on their phones.

It's almost as if you don't realize zoomers and brain dead social justice faggots haven't been taking over the tech industry since the start of the this decade.

its a joke you nerd

who gives a fuck about hacked save games in local gaming? they can use cheatengine, debuggers and what not to hack shit up. i remember "hacking" (literally editing a bunch of xmls) bastion so that the hammer had the power and range of the ram you get at end game - i had already finished the game twice before that.

I'm hoping this is satirical.

How about you address the things that bother you, granted it's not easy, rather than defer them to a time when you can no longer use gaming as a coping strategy.

Pro tip: 98% don't even have root on their phone.
98% of gamers are near-mindless drones. They will not be using debuggers.
The idea is to extract as much money as possible, not preventing cheating 100%.

>There's also GDScript but I imagine it can also be decompiled quite easily.
not as easily as c# tho. desu c# was implemented in godot because microshaft donated some money to the project or something fot it to implement c# support. docs are written for gdscript though they do provide c# examples as well.

I like Godot but what the fuck. Take your shitty ass jokes somewhere else and not the fucking docs

Last time I checked tpm's can be found in nearly every laptop. Most motherboards on market also has tpm connector. It did took off

There's lots of jokes in the documentation.

docs.godotengine.org/en/3.0/getting_started/step_by_step/scenes_and_nodes.html

Yeah but these kind of analogies are actually somewhat useful. It doesn't has to be super dry all the time. It just don't want to read 2 fucking paragraph when it could be said in 2 lines of text.

Is there a way these jokes can offend the computer elite (also known as trannies)?

Out of season April Fool's joke

If I made a game I wouldn't bother, whoever wants to ruin their game for themselves should be free to do so. It'd be more concerning if someone within a day just leaked every single fucking secret I put in there, but that shouldn't worry me if I do my job right.