How common is it for entry level programmers to work from home? I'm really not interested in the cubicle life

How common is it for entry level programmers to work from home? I'm really not interested in the cubicle life.

Attached: IMG_20190206_185646_768.jpg (1047x1047, 176K)

Not at all common.

Very common

Only slightly common

fairly common but not for commoners

you might be able to negotiate it if you're a senior with 8+ years experience, because they don't have many options at that point.
still up to the company though

relatively common but not as common as you might wish

Not common. Get a few years of experience then form your own LLC and fish for contracts.

Mildly common

Commonly uncommon

On a scale of 1 to common

uncommon

I'm an intern and I get to work from home. But I'm in QA automation so it's up to you if that's programming or not.

it's pretty common. I made 175k last year and I never left home. wasted a lot of money on ordering food though so that's the downside. otherwise I recommend it. I'm 21 if that helps.

cubicle beats the shit out of the open space office environment™

You had me until you said you made 175k in just one year as a 21 y/o. Where do you live?

Don't worry, you won't go to the cubicle life, you will go to this "open office", where weird people look at you the whole time, so does all the cameras around, and the eventual sniper.

If you freelanced it would be, though there is the option of working from a co-working space.

From what I've been told it ranges from super uncommon to it being super common, I couldn't tell you honestly.

i know this isn't real, but i want to believe

>
desu i fucking love and miss cubicles
i hate open floorplans so god damn much

>Thinking you'll get a cubicle
Ahahahaha, you'll be lucky if you even get a few waist-high dividers around the office. You're going to be sharing a desk with 5 other people in a position where the entire office can look over your shoulder and see if you're working hard enough. Have fun accidentally making eye contact with the person across from you.

based math major
>300k starting salary
>any job i want
etc

would I be considered the office asshole if my day consisted of getting hopped the fuck up on caffeine pills, throwing in my headphones, and obliterating all my work for the week on monday? Then spending the rest of the week helping all the brainlets and hitting on any cuties? I'm pretty chad, pretty big dude, good looking, I have sex pretty regularly.

I have been with the company for about a year and since the beginning i can pretty much decide if i want to stay dome or roll into the office
I actually often go to the office because it is incredibly hard to force myself to work when at home, i just procrastinate too much

honestly I'll probly still be hyped from my preworkout that morning, yeah I wake up at 6am so I can crush the weights pre-breakfast: keeps me shredded year round.

The company expects you to work consistently from 8-5. If you finish your work early, you're meant to find other work to do. Of course, you'll get told off when you do that work, because there isn't a cost code for it.

Have fun in the corporate life user, it basically consists of getting everything done in an hour and then spending the rest of the week trying to make it look like you're working.

that's perfect bro, it'll be just like in high school, the teacher makes all the nerds do the hard problems while I just coast with my bros in the back and smash all the lil thotties. thanks brah