Who else 1440p master race here?

Who else 1440p master race here?

Attached: Asus_PG279Q.jpg (640x480, 23K)

me but it's not an autistic-looking gamer monitor like that one

haters gonna hate

Attached: 1440p.png (676x128, 59K)

>IPS
>165Hz
It can look as autismo as it wants, it's a mighty fine panel

>IPS

>Unironically not having 180hz
how do you even fucking use that garbage?

1080p is good enough

once you remove the gay wallpaper it doesn't look that bad

>not ultra wide
It's not 2015 anymore grandad

>Who else 1440p master race here?
My Asus ROG Swift PG278QR literally came in the mail today

Attached: 12911803322967jpg.jpg (408x439, 40K)

>165hz IPS
enjoy your ghosting and glow

27" TN. Borrowed a spyder5 to calibrate the screen. Give it a 8/10 so far.

2880p master race here, same workspace. Surely you’ll accept your opulent cousin, right?

is 1440 144hz still expensive as fuck?

Attached: 81nbmE608dL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 213K)

Thinking on buying one of these Dell Ultrasharp u2719D, anyone can tell me something about them?

Attached: 210-ARCV_MVI_1.jpg (500x500, 48K)

Enjoy being poor

Redpill me on this monitor.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-12 17-26-15.png (1642x619, 292K)

depends on what you think is expensive. bare minimum you will usually pay is ~$330 for some cheap Korean panel or if you can find a good sale.

I use one at work. Real nice and clean. Can't fault the colors which is good for Photoshop. But I wouldn't pay full price for one

Bet you love that orange cheeto smear on the corners of you monitor.
too bad all those great viewing angles are going to be turned to shit with that glow.

God tier colors. I own a P2418D and it's the best color wise that I ever had. Not for games though.

Other than being a no-name brand, seems pretty based

Dell S2417DG is what I bought.
>27" 1440p
>165HZ
>G-sync
>$350 brand new

It's great other than it being a TN panel with shit viewing angles. Only cost me $330 brand new.

Supposedly it is based off of LG 32GK850G's panel. Looks pretty slick, heavily considering the Pixio monitor after looking up some reviews.

I have a 32" IPS 1440p monitor (albeit 60HZ not 144HZ). Just don't. 1440p is great up to 27". 32" Is better for 4K.

I was worried about the size most of all, is it that bad? I've used my current TV as a monitor and it's 39in and 1080p.
I didn't find a 27in monitor with those specs at a similar price(at least at newegg). The next best one is a MSI one for $410 but it's disgusting curve.

It's...OK at best. I have a Samsung 32" 1440p monitor that I bought when 1440p was still the big dick swinger and 4K was just a dream. I find myself having to actively move my head to look back and forth during games.
>Just move your monitor further away!
Can hardly see anything on the monitor at that point.

Looking on Newegg shows this pic related. Touts being AMD Freesync AND G-sync capable.

Attached: MonitorChoice.png (1250x444, 146K)

Acer Predator Xb27hu master race. There is no better monitor.

The size vs resolution debate is more subjective than anything, it's really up to you to decide whether or not a resolution is acceptable at a given size,
but as a general guideline if you have good eyes than 1440p is more suited for 27" but if you have any eye issues than 32" may prove to be more comfortable
I use a 49" 4k panel because it's the only way I can use 4k without scaling

>G-Sync compatible

Attached: 1549847142376.gif (500x281, 1.6M)

Yes, but it's TN. I don't want more TN in my life ;_;
Also, 4k won't have 100+ fps anytime soon whereas plenty of titles can reach that frequency on 1440p.

I've had 1440p for almost a decade now.

Currently using a 27" 1440p 144hz MPG27CQ and a 43" 4k 60hz LG 43UD79-b.

G AND Freesync in the same monitor

>G-Sync compatible
Lots of monitors are now, NVIDIA enabled them in a driver update in january

How long before it becomes Freesync compatible...then they quietly just drop any mention of Freesync. Nvidia I swear...

I know that. What I mean is it is a Freesync monitor with G-Sync compatibility tagged on in the advertising.

>Unironically not having 240hz
how do you even fucking use that garbage?

Attached: Clipboard01.png (960x711, 61K)

>240hz master race

Attached: Untitled.png (373x131, 6K)

>1080p
lol
I thought G-sync required some sort of chip? I mean I know Nvidia is not the most honest of companies, but did they lie about needing a chip?

Me

Attached: Untitled.png (706x561, 42K)

>I thought G-sync required some sort of chip? I mean I know Nvidia is not the most honest of companies, but did they lie about needing a chip?
Nvidia are kikes. Some laptops were apparently g-sync but didn't even have the supposed chip. Either g-sync doesn't need the module or they were using freesync on those laptops.

Yeah, G Sync uses a module, while freesync is software.

Basically are making a grab at mmonitor branding. From now on everything will be advertised as G-Sync even if it's not true G-Sync.

>From now on everything will be advertised as G-Sync even if it's not true G-Sync.
Can you tell the difference in a side by side comparison?

Sasuga AMD. They should have pushed some standard in freesync instead of having the range shitshow with every manufacturer.

I'm talking about Nvidia being shits with finding new anti-consumer ways to get their branding into everything.

It's literally the least gamer looking monitor after S2716DG from Dell, so your comment is kinda silly.

That would mean there would have been no cheap monitors available though. Even a small range on a shitty TN budget panel for poorfags is welcome.

I think this is more about the monitor makers making more sales by being able to advertize advanced features for nvidia card owners

i want to get one to pair up with my 2070

I didn't say it was bad, it's just that Nvidia is so strong that people will just think g-sync regardless of what adaptive sync its carrying. Having a quality standard and also having the freedom to alter it would have been amazing.

>can you tell the difference
I stumbled upon a Jayz2cents video in which he was able to point out differences in various free sync monitors.
Do you think Nvidia hand types every other company's monitor descriptions?

Nvidia knew what they were doing. They could not get their GPP through so are finding other ways to get their branding recognized. They did not enable adaptive sync support out of the goodness of their own hearts I can assure you.

Ultrawide or one 1440p w/side monitors?

Attached: 1544667166458.png (720x469, 580K)

1440p with side monitors.

The only UW i would want is the Dell U4919DW

They enabled it because of televisions from what I've been reading.

ultrawide like my cock

TVs are coming now with freesync
I'm not sure if that would have to do with anything with Nvidia wanting to support freesync but it would be really hard for them to explain not supporting something that is going to be a part of the HDMI standard

Side monitors. Make them 1440p also

>tfw have the perfect main monitor, a shitty 4k side monitor and another shitty 1080p monitor
I would love to get two more of my main monitor but there are more pressing matters.

They know what they are doing, FreeSync on TVs was never going to be relevant until atleast 2021/2022 and so they could cash in on exclusivity until now. If FreeSync was being locked away on Nvidia GPUs, that would be a serious advantage for AMD once the 4K native 120hz panels come, which will be in about 2-3 years from now.

I got a S2417DG as the main, had two 1080p sides but found the main too good. Didn't need gsync on the sides so got P2418D's. Got the lot for £515, Sold my 3 1080p monitors for 260 so paid 215 for the upgrade. Seemed reasonable

>They know what they are doing
Something like 90% of freesync monitors they have called trash, so you mind expanding on this?

120Hz native panels are coming this year and freesync on TVs has actually been retroactively been added on some models trough software updates
This stuff is sooner than you think

>g-sync
oy vey

Attached: 1546901692097.png (1064x698, 337K)

120hz native panels have been here for years. What's not 120hz is the connections, HDMI 2.0 is garbage and is only good enough to do non-HDR, 8-bit 1440p @ 120hz. Basically we're being held back by HDMI, but this year HDMI 2.1 will change things

They call them trash because most of them are trash, from what I know the standard of FreeSync is something that would match the accuracy of G-Sync particularly in the range of the VRR, which on a lot of FreeSync monitors are in abysmal ranges from like 48 to 75 hz etc while all G-Sync monitors are rated for 1-144/165hz, if you look at the G-Sync compatible monitor list they are all from 30/40/48 to 144/165hz which is acceptable. I'm sure more monitors will be added to the list once tested and they can be proven to be able to run FreeSync at a range that is similar to G-Sync.

120hz native panels are already in the summer 2018 line up for high-end TVs so it's already possible to run 120hz on a lot of TVs in like the QXFN segment of TVs, but they do not support 4K 120hz and they won't for this year either. Running a 4K panel on 120hz is not something you will see this year unless there is a drastic change in how panels are made.

>g-sync
>not going for the Acer XF270HU

FPS games and anything that isn't an MMO or moba do not need 1440p.
A faster and higher quality 1080p panel across 27 inches is better.

I play eve online so I need space for UI, so I bought one of pic related

4k is better for productivity and I don't care about refresh rates higher than 60hz since im not a manchild gamer

I wonder if monitor makers are going to start stepping up their game now with freesync. Since for the longest time AMD cards simply weren't enough to make effective use of freesync, so presumably they did not put in the work to make the monitors good in that aspect.

I'm aware lots of TVs are native 120hz (hell I'm using one now) but when talking about the subject it's just easier to say that the mew TVs are native 4k 120hz since you can actually use the 4k panel at 120hz with an external input

>Running a 4K panel on 120hz is not something you will see this year unless there is a drastic change in how panels are made.
TV panels are already being driven at 4k 120hz anytime you turn on motion interpolation or use a 120hz signal (regardless of resolution), either way the panel is still displaying 3840x2160 worth of pixels at 120hz. no changes have to be made other the input sources which is a separate issue from the panel anyway

>1440meme

>implying most TVs advertising 120Hz and above are true refreshes and not marketing bullshit

master race

Attached: mustard.png (251x38, 2K)

Whats the next step for a 144hz IPS 1440p gaymer?

Waiting for 5nm cards that can run 4k at 100+ fps that don't cost more than 2k burgers.

There is 4k TVs with actual 120hz panels
If they weren't 120hz panels with display controllers capable of addressing 4k@120hz then inputting and displaying 120hz signals wouldn't be possible at all, but it is possible and the only reason 4k 120hz with an external input isn't possible it is because of HDMI bandwidth limitations

Master race reporting in.

Attached: unknown (1).png (654x797, 142K)

I want a 4k hidpi monitor, but shit is expensive.

>Bet you love that orange cheeto smear on the corners of you monitor.
You've clearly not used a top-tier IPS panel before

>those specs
Jesus Christ

Attached: 1425299643596.jpg (348x424, 62K)

in what monitor will i find such a panel

Best 1440p GPU reporting in

Attached: deadford rascal.png (1902x738, 806K)

Gonna be replacing the 120 SSD with a 500gb NVME and the other mechanicals with a 4tb HDD soon. I'm excited.

1440p 165Hz G-Sync master race my man
Got a 4K TV mounted above to watch movies on, too.

Not him, but I literally returned an IPS that I got as a gift only to buy a TN panel that cost less than 2/3 of the IPS. IPS on desktop is a meme unless you get lucky in the back light bleed lottery.

Are your eyes dead? Almost all TN panels look like shit.

I am hoping tft reviews this so I can know the color accuracy, contrast, and input lag.

Enjoy the shitty nonexistent blacks you traded for a response time that won't make you a better player

PG278Q coupled with RTX2080 reporting in.

I'll take things that never happened for $20, John.

What's your experience with this monitor? I am thinking about getting the same.

>least gamer looking
in what category? 1440p like op specified? if so, no

What else is 60+ Hz good for if your not into gaymen?

Attached: 1548546906245.png (758x802, 849K)

you clearly got lucky with the IPS lottery. AUOPTRONICS quality control is fucking shit.

legit returned my 1440p, worst resolution ever

Can anyone pill me on BENQ PD2700U?

I'm an illustrator, mostly Photoshop. 4K, decent colors/contrast are a requirement. Also any other good options below the 500€ price?

Attached: 1545938258552.jpg (1000x1000, 151K)

>TN

Attached: nah.jpg (1200x645, 125K)