>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: dicksuckem.png (500x500, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RgcjMZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/CCzs7W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just going to copy and paste my question here
Can anyone reccomend a good desk that doesn't wobble or just does it very little? I just want to be able to play games and write shit on it without having the entire thing shake just from a little bump or movement.

ikea bekant/galant

Attached: 0645215_PE703323_S5.jpg (2000x2000, 119K)

2 more days until the 1660 Ti comes out and the RTX 2060 losing its meaning of existence.

Is it worth buying a used 980 ti? Should I just buy a 580?

1080p 60hz.

Or should I wait for the 1660?

redpill me on the Crucial P1

580 probably

i get 180fps or so in quake champions at 1080p (low everything), ~40-60fps in cemu playing botw on linux, and ocassional single player stuff like deux ex have never been an issue

Yo so have a pc i built a while back, but after unplugging it for like a month and plugging it back in, now the DRAM led on my motherboard is lit and it wont boot.

Anybody know whats up with it?

1660ti is to negate the 590. The 2060 will be faster than it and still have the RTX meme to sell it.
1660 will negate the high end 580s and 1060

Quality b450 board with wifi?

Leaning toward mainly carbon ac

Yeah, it's got an intel 9260 built in which is a great wifi+bt card.

Only 2 more days until the 1660 Ti comes out and we take a look at the benchmarks. The MSRP is $279, a hundred bucks more than a cheap new 580.

>playing cuck chumpions
>will cost nearly $300
>negate $200 price point cards
pick one and only one

just reseat the ram.

I tried taking them and putting them back in, then rearranged slot order and that didn't work either

the 1660ti is the $280 one, assuming the clock and core leaks are correct it should perform around the level of a 1070
The 1660 will be be closer to the 1060 in performance but we dont know nvidia is going to price it yet

I dont know why something like this isn't in the sticky but:
Reseat everything starting with easy things like power cables and expansion cards, then eventually CPU. You can do the other steps before the CPU if you are pretty sure it's not the problem
Try booting with one stick of ram then the other then try different ram slots with each to test for dead RAM/slot
Eliminate variables. remove GPU if you can, remove hard drives/ssd if you are at a stage where you aren't posting/not getting display out for even the bios.
If none of that worked you're fucked. You have to take it to a shop or send likely culprits like PSU or motherboard off to RMA. I hope you enjoyed the experience of building your own PC

revised build based on advice, point was to make a quiet workstation for videogame development that can fit on my desk and hopefully be quiet as fuck
pcpartpicker.com/list/RgcjMZ
someone recommended a cooler master aio with a 240mm radiator but cooler master's QC is shittier and seems to be noisier
went with liquid cooling because air cooling doesn't do as well in mini ITX cases afaik
i have a reason for 3 different SSDs, which is partially for longevity
the 590 just literally didn't seem worth it, the performance increase is so fucking tiny

What's a good b450 motherboard.

I was debating between the MSI b450m gaming plus, msi b450m Bazooka, and the Asrock b450m pro4.

2600X CPU.
No current plans to overclock, but would be nice knowing I can.

just waiting for diabotical m8

I'm sick of searching for the best monitor for me guys. Unlike GPUs/CPUs where the choice is pretty simple I'm at my wits end trying to get a monitor. TN is shit and that's a given, and according to another pcb thread VA is also shit due to bad response times. So I'm going to list a few IPS 144hz monitors so you can help me pick one

>Acer Predator XB271HU

Expensive and aged. G-sync only. 1440p 27''. Tons of people here recommend it and they never say why. To me it is a retarded because of the gamer look. Also its been around for too long in my opinion.

>Acer VG271U

1440p 27''. Must be newer because its on newegg only. There are no youtube reviews on it whatsoever. Text reviews say the stand is shit.

>ASUS VG279Q

1080p 27''. Must also be newer because there's only one video on it. I would have bought this if I wasn't told that 1080p will look like dogshit on a 27'' monitor.

>ASUS MG279Q
1440p 27''. All seems well but still pretty expensive and apparently the freesync range only goes up to 90hz which is a big shame.

I'll be buying a 2070 for one of these.

Attached: JhdMyKa[2].jpg (700x707, 109K)

>IPS 144hz
enjoy your lottery

Vega 56 has same performance as $600 RTX 2070 for ~$300 in Apex Legends. Only game that really matters so easy recommendation. 8Gb VRAM has been the standard recommendation for games released the past year, as well, and with some games using up to 14Gb+ on Vega only thanks to HBCC that you can't even get out of a 2080Ti.

GTX/RTX is almost always only better in bad games and games that are already old and run better to begin with. Actual good games like RE2 remake and Apex Legends run better on AMD.

Also the 1660 is coming. RTX 2060 may have been the "best value RTX card" but was still not straight up great value. $350 for a 6Gb VRAM card is retarded. Wait for

>8Gb VRAM has been the standard recommendation for games released the past year, as well
Uhuh, and how many games use that right now?
>and with some games using up to 14Gb+
literally no games out there use 14GB of VRAM.

>Vega 56 has same performance as $600 RTX 2070 for ~$300 in Apex Legends.
Not many people buy their cards based on a single game. Or do you suggest everybody buy vega/radeon 7 based on Dirt 4 with specific antialiassing technique?

> I got my Vega 56 for ~$285 after selling the game keys as an effective rebate.
Ah so you are the resident AMD shill that has returned from holyday huh?

post moar linus memes

>10ms penalty you get for buying the wrong GPU
What? 10ms penalty on top of an already slow VA panel is not an option. I've never heard of this mbest brand, and I've seen pixio quite a bit but another user said that their QA is bad.

how can you not realize that is bait from the second sentence?
Is this bait?
Am i bait?

No the guy is actually serious, he has been saying stuff like that seriously for a long time now. No joke.

Attached: 1548800554453.png (733x1185, 439K)

Thank you, user who told me newegg was available in australia, I cancelled my order from ple, saved $30 and got faster ram than I was going to. Can't wait for the wife to get off the pc so I can install it and see absolutely 0 difference compared to the 8gb 2400 ram I have now.

Attached: 20190213_171817.jpg (4032x3024, 3.22M)

Looking for a 4:3 monitor, something like 1920x1440. Does that exist? Can be a chink brand. Higher than 1600x1200
My monitors are Acer V223W and a Sony Bravia 32" HDTV and want else (No gaming)

Is a used 8600K for a good price a viable choice these days?
Could get one including a Z370 mobo and a year of warranty for 280€ including shipping.

>3600 CL19
what the fuck were you going to get originally?

Are you fucking serious?

Attached: bekant.png (138x214, 7K)

pick the non standing one without electric height adjustment you turbonigger

I-is it really that bad? The other one was 3000 cl16, and I'm pretty sure I remember someone mentioning they could get the gskill one down to cl18.

Can I spend

Attached: old pc.png (928x607, 38K)

>no replies
so no more issues with this build as it is?

Sticking with Ikea, get two Alex drawers, put a kitchen unit on it instead of the normal desk tops, you get a pretty based desk, huge, tons of storage, stable. Came in around £200.

Why do desks look so shitty nowadays. I got a similar model to pic related but I can't even find a replacement for it

Attached: 01f73ef04bdce4863d115dd4f30b64ab.jpg (570x427, 52K)

You'll have to get to get a case, PSU and some storage at the very least, I doubt you'll be able to fit a monitor into that budget.

Cheap 1920x1440 monitor would be what? 1600x1200 is my last resort
For Dreamcast/Gamecube/Wii emulation in 4:3 HD. I need a hi-resolution 4:3

Thoughts on i5 9400F?

The F is for Fuuuuuuuuuuuuun

I have a monitor and peripherals to use

So there is the raijintek morpheus and the raijintek morpheus II core edition.
Is the Core edition a smaller one? Will the first release be better? I can get any of those for 55€. I will cool a friend's 1080 ti Armor OC, so he needs one of those.

Attached: file.png (383x416, 213K)

Different user here. I mean I hope you at least checked beforehand whether or not your mobo and your CPU can actually support that memory kit. People, usually get 3000 CL15 / 3200 CL16 or 3000 CL16 if they are on a very tight budget. 3600 CL19 is just very unusuall.

Also, the Morpheus comes without fans, so adding 2 would mean so spend at least 15€ more, so it would end ebing 75€.
There is the Accelero Xtreme IV which is what I have installed on my 1080 ti for 57€.
Is the 20€ difference worth it?

MSI Mortar is the only good matx b450 board

Attached: 1520211704983.jpg (702x702, 48K)

Should I get the Zotac 2070 RTX Mini?
My actual 980 gtx fits inside thecase

Attached: geforce-rtx-2070-mini-gddr6-256-bit-22c660589923f50d774ef71bffa2666f.jpg (800x800, 106K)

When it comes to cheap GPU manufacturers how good or bad Palit and Inno3d are? I live in Slavlands so EVGA or ASUS ROG are like at least 25% costlier than other manufacturers. I was thinking about getting the RTX 2060.

You sacrifice cooling and possible OC headroom (which nets you only a few FPS anyways) for some serious dough that could go towards monitors or other stuff. I've never had a problem with cheaper OEMs so it's not worth in my book.

@/pcbg/
3000MHz CL15 or 3200MHz CL16 for Ryzen? I DID check the OP but maybe an user can elaborate a bit further on that. Are timings really more important than 200 extra hurrtz?

3000mhz cl15 and 3200mhz cl16 are almost equivalent, pastebin on the op has more detailed info but in this particular scenario they're very very close

Seems like a dumb question, but:
9600K + 2060
or
Ryzen 5 + 2070

Ryzen 5 + 2070

r5 + 2070 m8

That was me. You’re welcome.

So, if I heard it right, AMD isn't going to make any APUs anytime soon. Is that right?

what do you even plan to use it for?

pcpartpicker.com/list/CCzs7W

Is this good enough to do over 60 FPS and keep it stable in mmos such as FFXIV, BDO, TERA, GW2, and ESO all the time including pvp and raiding with a bunch of people on screen at the same time?

Anything I should change?

as far as I know, performance wise they are all about the same (unless the GPU chip itself is lower binned version like in some Nvidia line up)
What you are mostly paying for is better PCB on the card, better cooling on the components and finally and most importantly how loud something is.
Right now you really pay extra to get a quiet card that doesn't have coil whine, or fans that aren't loud.

>ryzen 5
>no mention of which one, or the memory that you will use, or the cooling or motherboard....
eh

R5 2600, 3000MHz CL15 and a Hyper 212 EVO

I am legitimately considering going for an i5 9400F+B360+2666MHz CL16 RAM build which would let me fit a 2070 in my budget as well, in fact it's the exact same in terms of costs aside from the Division 2 key I'd be getting along with a Ryzen 5 (another 30€ minus). I'm not fully sold on the whole "go for Ryzen 'cuz current/future game engines make use of more than 6 cores"-argument. According to Gamer's Nexus review it's only Far Cry 5 that suffers from bad frame times due to heavy CPU load.

>R5 2600, 3000MHz CL15 and a Hyper 212 EVO
Do you plan to upgrade your GPU in the future, separately?
Or do you plan to use this system for many years and then switch cpu,gpu at the same time?

>what are r5 2400g and r3 2200g?

cheers
Just shitposting, having many adobe programs open and sometimes gaymen. I was going to get a 3000 cl16 kit if I remember correctly, but then this user linked a similar kit for a bit cheaper on newegg. I didn't even know newegg did delivery to aus so I checked the site out and found that the one I ended up getting was on a promo for the same price as the other one, and someone in the thread said get the faster one.
I'm still fucking around with clocks and timings but 3466 seems to be stable

First gen (2017) ryzen chips is what they are, and there won't be any new APUs in 2019.

Can't tell yet, I hope that 2070 is gonna last me a while at 1440p. Considering that my financial situation will be improved drastically by then, I think I'd built an entirely new system by the time a 2070 won't be able to cut it anymore instead of just upgrading my GPU and using it on a Ryzen 5 2600 build.

>According to Gamer's Nexus review it's only Far Cry 5 that suffers from bad frame times due to heavy CPU load.
Yes, that game is AMD sponsored and it uses denuovo anti piracy, which eats at your CPU and storage.

But for the majority of games low latency in CPU is always important, while cores are only important when you don't have enough.

>Just shitposting, having many adobe programs open and sometimes gaymen.
If gayming is not a priority for you, then ryzen is fine choice. It's only if your care about gaming that you need to consider intel right now.

>I'm still fucking around with clocks and timings but 3466 seems to be stable
You did run tests on it overnight right? Not some 30 min bullshit?

>But for the majority of games low latency in CPU is always important, while cores are only important when you don't have enough.
I'm not sure what to make of that statement. CPU headroom always benefits lower latency and therefore better frame times, right? So you're saying I should rather go for a Ryzen build?

well the stock cooler is not the best thing in the world but it's adequate. if you don't plan on oc then you could ditch the extra cooler cost
also, your case will hide your psu and has a pretty good cable routing, so you could also get a cheaper non modular psu, since you can just tuck in the extra cables and never see them again
i'd ditch the hdd and invest the money on a m2 ssd, 500gb is good enough for the main drive and keep the 1tb as your beast of burden so to speak
and yeah, you're good with this spec, easy

I'm not the user asking about intel vs ryzen, I already have a ryzen pc. I think you might have accidentally quoted me instead of the other user here
>You did run tests on it overnight right? Not some 30 min bullshit?
I haven't had the time yet as I just got the kit. What should I do overnight anyway, just leave it running, or put on some looping benchmark or something?

What do you suggest I get then to an HDD, because I was getting it to put my music, anime, and movies on it, emulation, and games that don't need an SSD?

unless you're really hoarding data i'd go with ssd regardless. but yeah, my needs are different so ymmv, maybe a 4tb disk is the best for you in the end

What I am saying lower latency is always useful, it always gives better performance.
More cores, is just like more RAM, you only need enough, much more wont give you a big benefit other than being able to run more other shit in the background and you only really feel "I need more RAM/cores" when you hit the limit where you actually need more than you have.

So if video games are most important to you, then intel, specifically 8700k is best in performance.
If gaming isn't important to you, then ryzen presents you with a much better deal for your money, since it's biggest lacking isn't important to you.

>What should I do overnight anyway, just leave it running, or put on some looping benchmark or something?
Oh dear.....No you have specialized programs that test for a vast array of different kind of errors your RAM can run into.
General procedure is to run shorter test intervals (10 or 30 min to 1 to 3 hours) and once that is clear and you have dialed everything in to what seems to be perfectly stable, you set it for an over night verification to declare it stable.
Once it passes that, you take it through some memory intensive/sensitive benchmarks and see if it crashes the program and taking note if the performance is stable, better/worse.
The process in dialing in the manual timings is very time intensive specifically so if you don't know what you are doing and can take rookies literally a month to get a tight manual timing on a RAM kit.
If you are okay with leaving performance at the door, then usually you can do it faster as you give up tight margins for easier time to get it stable.

An 8700K is way out of my budget currently. I'm currently deciding between an 9400F and Ryzen 5 2600. Both builds would be roughly the same in terms of costs.

What's everyone's ideal case?
I just found mine.

Attached: my wife.jpg (1196x1619, 69K)

>An 8700K is way out of my budget currently.
I know, I didn't say it's price was super good only that it due to it's 6 core ring bus it has the best latency of any cpu right now (unless you go for 4 core ring bus, but you need 6 cores these days) and due to the hyper threading it's still going to hold up for a good while, and it has the ability to run at 4.9 to 5.3GHZ which as as high as we are going to get for a while.
If I was buying a 1080ti or a 2080 or 2080ti, I would absolutely pair it with 8700k and use that build for 5-10 years happily.
But again, thats mainly if you value high refresh gaming...

Back on track, a 9600k is better in terms of latency and core speed than 2600, the 2600 has some hyperthreading going for it and a better price.

Ultimately I suggest getting a better GPU if you want to use all settings on max. Or if you only play at 60 fps.
If you are okay with lowering a setting or two and want higher framerates for 120/144hz gaming, then a better CPU is probably better.
Reason being is that you can tune down lot of options to ease the load on the GPU, there is very little settings you can tune down for CPU, so either it's bottlenecking or it isn't. The GPU being a bottleneck can as pointed out before be handled through some settings.

You don't seem to understand. I'm not talking about a 9600K, which I can OC and very decisively beat an R5 2600 with.
I'm talking about the 9400F (Coffee Lake R refresh of a 8400) which is a locked CPU.

Attached: r5 titanium.jpg (453x679, 17K)

Who here has ever tried to downsize their build, but then realised they're stuck on a few parts?
My mobo & gpu are too large for the Core V1 I was looking at getting, but it doesn't support ATX mobos or the GPU I have.
Anyone got any more suggestions for things to look out for?

bump

>I'm talking about the 9400F (Coffee Lake R refresh of a 8400) which is a locked CPU.
but... >9600K + 2060

Scrap that.
9400F vs. Ryzen 5 2600

Is this a bug so I can report it, or intended?

>Leave everything at default on my AMD GPU
>Core clock reaches 95% of max turbo clock speed
>Use wattman, toggle manual voltage control, change nothing
>Core clock stuck at 85% of max turbo clock speed
>Toggle it back to automatic voltage control
>Still 85%

looks like a typical poomd gpu to me

That looks depressing as fuck

>99$ sapphire mining rx 570 new on amazon
this deal is way too good to be true. do these mining GPUs only run at like 70% clockspeed or what

no it's a meme like
>Ultra fast military grade gayming X Aorus QWERTY

Attached: 1548911042119.jpg (513x800, 218K)

someone please give me a quick rundown on various brands of the GPUs. Like, what's the difference between an EVGA 1070ti and a Palit 1070ti?

Thoughts on the i5-8600K for gaming?
Bought it last year not sure if that was a mistake, don't really play alot of "demanding" games besides Monster Hunter World but I'm still a 60hz casual so...

How is a cheap video card a meme?

I'm guessing he means the whole "mining" thing

Unless you're referring to a normal sapphire model that was used for mining. In which case you might be fine really. I bought a RX570 8GB that was used for mining and it was ok.

its a specific model that only has one DVI out, only supports 1 monitor. it's a different edition that start at $99. somewhat new

Hey lads, are there any downsides to using a wireless mouse over a wired one?

Oh. Check the clocks then. DVI kinda sucks dick.

Not anymore with recent Logitech mice.

is it just me or do wireless mice fuck with my aiming? like i'm so used to super light mice where I never consider the weight of them, but with super heavy wireless ones I have to constantly think about not overshooting when doing big flicks because of the momentum

Good to hear lad, could you recommend any specific models for gaming?

literally anything that is logitech's G series.