If I'd like to create my own MMORPG cheats and evade Steam VAC/EAC - is learning C++ the way to go?

if I'd like to create my own MMORPG cheats and evade Steam VAC/EAC - is learning C++ the way to go?

most such software is bundled with malware. is the process actually that difficult? aren't you simply directing your computer to analyze all the information sent from the server, rather than what's shown in the game?

Attached: 1549620408330.jpg (810x991, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fT53LUGDQL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To do this sort of thing you have to be better than a team employed to prevent this. So don't bother.

Invest the time on gitting gud instead cheaty boi

It's easier and faster to do with HLLs like Ruby, Python, Go and shit. This will make you a worse programmer, but it's faster and yields more results. It'll also bite you in the back later. C++ is also bloated as fuck, not worth learning. If your serious go C or Rust.

Don't listen to this guy. I'm sure the14 year olds who are regularly hacking mmos are not as smart as the team who does cheat prevention.

Like said, Python is easier for such things. But yeah, C++ will work just fine, and teach you way more things if you don't give up 1/100 of the way there. But you will, since you don't even know that there are no MMORPGs using VAC.

>To do this sort of thing you have to be better than a team employed to prevent this. So don't bother.
That's not true. My WoW bots were never banned and they weren't even particularly smart. One of them just ran in a circle attacking everything in sight. Blizzard didn't care. They only go after widely available bots, not custom ones

Depends on the game, but most games are usually use packet monitoring as the main line of defense and it's usually heavily understaffed. Of course this isn't for all games though. The more players, the heavier the security.

I wonder, why is nobody making cheat software that mitms you? A huge factor in anticheats is detecting tampering with the process memory and stuff like that, even to the point where sometimes VM setups are flagged since it becomes nearly impossible to check whether the host has a cheat running or not. But if your cheat doesn't even run on your PC, and just intercepts packets and modifies them as needed, won't that completely defeat that side of the detection? At that point the only way to detect it would be behaviorally, and cheats have gotten really really good at not looking suspicious.

Same story here. Though, they didn't use ECS and Lockstep back in my days, I hear those make it pretty difficult now.

>I wonder, why is nobody making cheat software that mitms you? A huge factor in anticheats is detecting tampering with the process memory and stuff like that, even to the point where sometimes VM setups are flagged since it becomes nearly impossible to check whether the host has a cheat running or not. But if your cheat doesn't even run on your PC, and just intercepts packets and modifies them as needed, won't that completely defeat that side of the detection? At that point the only way to detect it would be behaviorally, and cheats have gotten really really good at not looking suspicious.
I know a professional MMO bot developer that does exactly this. His bot isn't public.
It just reads the encryption key from memory and then never touches the process again. Instead it MITMs the network protocol and reconstructs the entire game state internally. And this is the reason why almost nobody is doing it. You have to recreate, and more important continuously update, significant parts of the game.
Few can pull that off. That guy was a certified genius who actually had a very well paid job. I don't even think he makes money with his bot, just has fun raiding solo with 24 competent bots assisting him.

is ECS an acronym or just a name?

so you could take the encryption key on your main machine, and then sniff, decrypt, and analyze the traffic sent through a home server?

>so you could take the encryption key on your main machine, and then sniff, decrypt, and analyze the traffic sent through a home server?
The game in question was WoW which stored the RC4 encryption key at a fixed memory location. It's a symmetric session key that's negotiated when logging in. When you have that, you can decode the network traffic. Then just inject mouse events and keystrokes.
Interpreting it has only become feasible after years of reverse engineering by WoW emulator developers who published their results. It's not feasible for a single person to pull off. It's hard even with all the available information. You're basically rebuilding the game client, and then maintain it in sync with the official one
It's a full-time job that you can't really list on a CV. So you better be very successful at it, or rich already.

Very neat. But WoW is probably an example of a harder game to achieve. Imagine for an FPS like, say, TF2, since OP mentioned VAC: you only need to reverse engineer the player's position and orientation updates, and the position updates of the opponents. Then emulate the environment collision to determine visible enemies, and emulate enemy hitboxes which are well documented and easy to obtain from Source. No need to emulate or reverse engineer any other game logic.

C#/C++ & Asm/Debugging

>reverse engineer the player's position
this could be done even easier for static objects in the game world too, like hidden loot stashes of different kinds, right?

retard

youtu.be/fT53LUGDQL4

I'm pretty sure it's not 14 yr olds who do it. Remember there is still a large sum of money in MMOs

>you can't really list on a CV
I have several projects like that on my CV and the only time i was asked about it was when i was applying for PhD, for technical resons, not "oh you bad boy, we don't want you".
It's just a reversing project, nothing fancy at that. Making bots for games is a braindead activity these days. It's fun the first month a game with good protocol is released, which these days means never. Last time i had fun reversing a protocol was Guild Wars 2.

>get paid for cheats
>bundle it with malware and steal logins, cc's, nudes, and botnet services
good times

what's EAC and ECS?

start by learning the basics of programming

making passable cheats in this day and age is sliightly more complicated than 2005 Tibia rootworm botting

I kind of simply want to pwn the hacking chink clans

don't, instead just learn programming for something useful