What's the point of Linux if the kernel is bloated and systemd has lots of security issues?

what's the point of Linux if the kernel is bloated and systemd has lots of security issues?

Attached: ik.webm (638x1136, 1.86M)

kernel bloated?
How?

it's pretty good at hosting wordpress sites on $5/month vps

windows does everything else better

You'll get a fully functional internets-pc in 15 minutes vs. hours of MS Windows installing.
That's about it.

We already had Lisp machines and Multics, but faggots instead chose to wank over Unix, its retarded principles and an extremely unsafe language such as C.
Thank boomers.

based lisplord

For pure shitposting purposes linux is way better for a desktop.

>windows does everything else better
I'm not saying you're wrong but I have never seen a windows based firewall in the wild.

>HDD as boot drive
Fuck off

is this anitta? the brazilian whore

Eh installing 7/10 vs. *Nix via USB is about the same.

But really setting up a LInux install takes longer since use cases, distro used and such can vary wildly and everything you can actually control is infinitely expansible.

This thread is the proof that Jow Forums is full of uneducated underage retards that never actually had a job

Your webm is literally disgusting. But isn't it the most secure mainstream OS?

Imagine the smell

I would probably smell fine, but the behaviour is really monkey like.

I'm guessing you're one who thinks transsexuals in still, retouched blurred webcam pictures are pure or something.

Because the kernel isn't as bloated nor has as many security issues as Windows.

fuck this world

we really don't deserve all the technological achievement some 0.00001% of geniuses came up with

why should literal animals no different from chimps fingering their buttholes in the trees enjoy any of the wonders of the modern tech world?

Attached: 1434206668124.jpg (870x960, 451K)

based and naturepilled

Linux is just a kernel. Nothing more. It is used in operating systems like Android and GNU, which have widely varying goals.

>hat's the point of Linux if the kernel is bloated
Linux is the kernel.

>the kernel of linux

It's only gotten worse since 2015

Attached: linux_code.png (1000x589, 72K)

>features are bloat

Attached: 88c1d5b78149c7a4b3e6d5dd8a71b1c2_400x400.png (400x400, 215K)

that's some pretty weird dancing

it's easy to complain about unix when you've never had to actually deal with the systems it replaced.

>do one thing and do it well
Linux is became the complete opposite of the Unix philosophy
What if I told you there was a remote code execution day 0 in the Linux kernel. Where is it and how?
That's the point. In a large project, you can't find. And you can't be sure there isn't bugs. Linux is too large to audit

If the so called unix philosophy worked, they would still follow it but as it stands it's pretty fucking shit since software gets more complex over time. Go play around with FreeBSD if you want a taste of hurr durr philosophy. You probably wouldn't even be able to do a clean install, let alone use it on a day to day basis.

>if communism failed, people wouldn't be trying it

Attached: 1511796055019.png (245x206, 6K)

>linux is too large
grande é meu pau fdp

Attached: groyperlinux.png (431x352, 8K)

They've served their purpose in manual labor to make the foods the geniuses eat, the buildings they stay in, etc. However it's obvious that the layperson is quickly becoming obsolete in an increasingly automated world. We're just in an awkward layover position while these people have no real use but still enjoy the benefits of the system. Hopefully soon they'll fully become obsolete and the world can move on without them. That is until the geniuses themselves become obsolete.

How can anyone read all that to check for spywares, even if it is open source it's 22 million lines?

Attached: 1549660657728.jpg (632x638, 94K)

Yeah, it replaced the aforementioned ones with an insecure piece of crap, with a language that was dated for the time already, and whose core philosophy, splitting everything into small programs and combining them with "pipes" instead of reusing the code directly, gets so much Stockholm syndrome love that it's not even funny.

It's almost as if adding more and more drivers requires more and more code.

The Unix philosophy is shit anyway, and nothing but a workaround for the real culprit: C. C requires a lot of lines to do even the most basic things, making it extremely error-prone and hard to audit.
What you actually want is a small codebase, not "doing one thing and doing it well". That's just an excuse for using a language which deliberately goes against this goal.

wtf is your point? doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is retarded, that’s why unix was left behind. and communism failed spectacularly.

Linux IS the kernel, brainlet.

Holy shit Jow Forums is truly the most homo board

Literal nigger spotted.

D R I V E R S
R
I
V
E
R
S

Kernels need DRIVERS to support hardware. Without DRIVERS, you cannot support hardware. A monolithic kernel must have all the DRIVERS in the kernel. As more DRIVERS are added to the kernel, its size will increase. The inclusion of more DRIVERS is not a bad thing. It is necessary to have more DRIVERS to become more usable by more people.
Microkernel systems do not have this issue with in-kernel DRIVERS, but as of yet there has not been a successful one aside from the QNX-dominated embedded world. Perhaps Genode and Fuchsia will get somewhere and make them relevant elsewhere, and as a result get more DRIVERS in their userland.

Yeah, we all knew. Your point being?

My point is that complaining about the kernel being "bloated" is retarded.
What? Do you want it to have LESS compatibility?

If you find that webm attractive, just off yourself

Life is not like your animes you weeb attention whore pedo scum

Again, you only show you have no idea how bad previous systems were. If you read the early Unix papers, the things they think are revolutionary about Unix are things we today take so for-granted that it's hard to imagine how it was ever any other way.
Actual examples from the foreword to that BSTJ about the Unix Time-sharing System:
>source files for compilation can also be sourced in the typesetting source for a document; if the code compiles and runs right then the book you're printing is guaranteed to have correct code in it
>documents can be used as the input to a statistical-linguistic analytic program; you don't need two different, special types of files

micro kernels are just walled gardens, they ruined linux with this Android atrocity and how they ended up handling vendor blobs imagine now this but turbo version with those new kernels.

that's what happens when you do stuff in C

>He would rather have the Mommy-and-Daddy hegemony of MIcrosoft
>"No no, little end-user, all those Powerful Controls over your OS are for The Adults, not little children like you!"
>"You need to let The Adults (i.e. Microsoft) take care of all those complicated things!
LOL at least with Linux you have complete access to all the sourcecode and if you're smart enough you can find and fix any problem you care to bother over, unlike Microsoft where you're literally locked out of everything important and have almost no control over anything.

this. They're just dancing, wtf are you guys sperging about?

Attached: SSJ2 Gohan.gif (500x283, 1010K)

Mating rituals are outdated and primitive. The way to attract an intelligent companion is to is to masturbate to images of yourself masturbating to images of yourself. Its the optimal fornication method.

>HDD as boot drive
>Fuck off
I was booting off my 2011 1TB WD Black until 2017, but my average up-time was probably closer to months and max like 186 days

What do you think Unix was based on/inspired of? How safe do you old oses/computers were?

Most of that is just drivers. You can compile a smaller kernel than 10 years ago if you want.

>dancing
It's monkey mating moves.

Because the girls dancing but not for them, and that makes them mad.

Can't standards of hardware fix this somehow

Maybe in some distant future

No manufacturer would want that cus trade secrets

Then again if any host can support the device the pool of potential customers grows much bigger