Smart Homes

Why the fuck would anyone voluntarily put all this spying equipment in their home? And of course it all stops working if the internet goes down or the company folds. What the fuck?

Attached: 1 hpKSfyKUDmlifunTW9N0Qw.jpg (1920x1200, 325K)

>Why the fuck would anyone voluntarily put all this spying equipment in their home?
You have something to hide user?
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
>And of course it all stops working if the internet goes down or the company folds.
Internet never goes down I have 5G :^)
Companies will not go under because we will keep buying their stuff. Why are you so worried user?

Because they want to, mostly.

>alexa make me a coffee!... your coffee is done! :)
>alexa will it rain today?
Will always beat walking over, pushing a button, and then waiting to check when it's done.
Especially for someone who doesn't like tech too much, surprisingly having tech do it all for them will be nicer. Instead of struggling with some shitty app, they just talk like a human. Based.

Because it's super convenient and doesn't matter if you have nothing to hide

I've got nothing to hide lol.

I don't think the spying is the main problem. I'm more interested in the hilarious security risk that it is. Actually, maybe it will be interesting in the future to be able to turn smart homes into spook houses by influencing it from the outside through loopholes.

People are really stupid. Not a lot of forethought or thought in general.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
Until your seemingly normal opinion is "wrong".

After over 100 years of corporate brainwashing, the average person is fine with becoming cattle if they get circuses in return.

Internet going down is as likely as your power going out now.

The main problem is like you said, if the company folds or the service becomes defunct. However all smart devices should still be able to work just fine. They just won't receive patches for vulnerabilities.

Because the normie cattle do as they are told, and if they are told that paying to wiretap their own home is trendy and techy, they will do it to fit in

This is not a home. This is a microwave oven...

because its cool and futuristic and you hate progress

Sounds comfy af

Can't wait to start a whole bunch of fires setting ovens and water boilers and whatever else on.

Our government forced us to install "smart meters" on our power and water, every.single.home.in.the.country.

then one month after completion, suddenly they warn about china and russia could hack our smart meters and indeed could knock every.single.home. off the grids for MONTHS...

In that case everyone living in any major city would have cancer, because there's literally thousands of wifi signals being blasted across the area.

woke

>Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
Give us access to your email account and full browsing history. Also full name and your photo.
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, as you have said.

>microwaves cause cancer

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

didn't you watch southpark lol?

Attached: 1524458151457.jpg (1066x750, 195K)

Provide me with a smart home service backed by a company with a billion dollar reputation.

>Why the fuck would anyone voluntarily put all this spying equipment in their home?

It's voluntary for now.

But soon it wont be when this shit is built in to every device you buy and you won't even need to connect them to internet because they'll use some sort of special network designed for this sort of data gathering without you even knowing about it.

I can't understand this fucking meme, I've seen some and it's fucking atrocious. Vocal commands take forever compared to the push of a button, even turning on lights by button has almost one second delay.
Truly trigger material.

I live in an apartment designed by a brainlet who thought it was a good idea to avoid having any power outlets or switches at the entrance. Got myself a wifi-lamp that is set to light up a few minutes before I get home from work.
Has definitely been useful

Attached: noginspace.jpg (450x338, 16K)

Whatever kills you faster, consumer

Because you are not aware of just how stupid are average people who "use" consumer level electronics ..

Consider THIS:
To get average people to start using computers , developers had to retard visual User Interface to be as similar as possible to old TV remote controllers,
so, grid 4x5, little painting with written explanation what it is, and all you have to do is touch it.They even had to slap a phone and camera to it to be able to attract average people.
AND EVEN THEN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CANT GET INTO FUCKING SMARTPHONE!
And, this is probably 95% of people(maybe more), for them internet is Facebook,
i know a person who can't grasp logic of a mouse, he just can't connect arrow on
screen with movement of mouse(and this is not some stupid person, this is really rich high end CEO of some corporation).

So, trust me, people will put fucking Pentium bananas in their butts if spin is made from right
corner.

If you use Z-wave or zigbee it's not a problem. They connect to your network via a gateway (which you can build out of a raspberry pi).

In the not-so-far future, wireless charging chairs that charge your clothes when you sit down will be a thing. Screencap this post.

>Internet going down is as likely as your power going out now.
I don't think he meant the Internet but just his connection to it. I don't think "the Internet going down" could have any meaning considering what it is.

People don't know how technology works. I could see an automated home based on local connection though (what I mean is that the local connection would be the primary control and you could choose what and how you want to expose through the Internet).

The idea of all this would be nice if it just was localized as to not connect to the actual internet unless you customized the connection itself not to be using any company's servers. Then they don't have control of it. Would prob have to make your own voice assistant (like ironman or something) or just not use a voice assistant.

I'm saying your connection to the internet is as likely as your power going out, unless you live in a shit area or have a shit ISP.

Even so, most smart devices only connect to the internet to receive updates. It doesn't need it for any vital functions. It communicates with other devices in its own local network

>customized the connection itself not to be using any company's servers
I would love for this to be standard. That way I can host a server that holds any updates they need and it'd fetch them from my server. I wouldn't have to worry about MiTM attacks or the company's servers being compromised and sending out ransomware tier updates

kek

Attached: 1wIt.gif (320x240, 773K)