Would you ever want to go back to this style of GUI design?

would you ever want to go back to this style of GUI design?

Attached: 1526631025878.gif (280x280, 14K)

Maybe

Attached: Naamloos-1.jpg (600x600, 30K)

>Naamloos-1
godverdomme

Fuck yes

No. 100% no.

Attached: 1459288782788s.jpg (250x223, 9K)

That still looks unironically good

Unironically better than windows 10 flatshit, at least I know what's clickable and what's not

aero is an eyecandy for sure. glossy buttons looked like actual buttons unlike flat design stuff.

it's not about style, but it was consistent, unlike what MS does today, piling up garbage interfaces on top of garbage. They can't rewrite Windows from scratch anymore, like they did with Vista, the market is too big and they're trapped. Windows will become worse in all aspects except new features, but who cares if they're buggy at release and deprecated five years later in favor of some new buggy features? You don't get promotions for fixing bugs.

>go back
What do you mean? It never left.

Windows Media Player 13 fucking when

Over windows 10 design? 100% yes, but god it still looks awful.

I never used it in the first place.
It looks like shit.

>Windows Media Player 12
>Original release: October 22, 2009

windows XP and Vista was peak aesthetic. Vista especially since it feels really elegant

100%, fucking end this minimalist meme.

Looks decent, why not?

This design actually takes work and research. Designers used to study how light works, what people find appealing, how to make something intuitive.

Today you have pajeets who do the code, design the shit too. Get a box, make it a color and when you click it just darken it. What brilliant fucking design. Fuck "modern design trends".

Attached: september_9_by_side_7_d49c2la.jpg (1920x1200, 554K)

that's so comfy

This is why no one likes you, user.

the world went to shit after 2008

its not even promotions, you get punished for fixing bugs or makeing the os faster.

The world went to shit after 1945

Xp was probably pushing it on what was good taste for their ui, but vista/7 are easily the peak of microsoft's ui design.

Personally I would like it to be more recoverable on driver crashes, but beyond that its hard to find fault. I think everyone detests the minimalistic design at this point, and because we now have studies that show it decreases productivity, we will get a ui redo to something less minimal soon.

>bestandsnaam

No, looks stupid and old fashioned

I already did go back.

Attached: Capture.png (632x577, 588K)

fuck this takes me back. i miss it

God fucking dammit Dutchfags, I thought I got rid of you by moving out of the country.
kroketten :DDD

never left [ :-) ]-

>vidya gayme music
the absolute state of zoomerfags

that screenshot is delicious but its a lie that coders design the UI now. If anything there are far more designers doing UI/UX work. that not to say their necessarily making nice stuff tho

Hallo, mijn mede hollander

Attached: nmxlwlku02d21.jpg (750x500, 121K)

Heeeell no. Even new metro C# nigger bs is better

No, it was never good.

The world went to shit after 1066

The work and research on design was done decades ago. The churn through shit we constantly see isn't trying to perfect the art, it's making things different for sake of being different in order to trick people into thinking it must be better because it's new. It's marketing. Humans are too easily manipulated for the market to bring us fully optimized solutions to problems. Effort towards objective perfection is better spent on trickery from a profit perspective.

Windows is dieing faster than a coalburner at a rap concert

oh come on, its a gradient with a glossy texture, they weren't reinventing the wheel

>Windows Media Player 13

Doubt it. It's replaced by the Films/TV app and Groove Music app. Besides, most folk just use online services now with their own players/apps.

>dieing
typical loonix tard

the ratched and clank ost is nice
also "zoomers" don't know about games made in 96

Looked beautiful, was slow is shit though ... which killed all the fun in the end.