Is it bad if I unironically want to learn to code?

Is it bad if I unironically want to learn to code?

Attached: 7D0A5DDA-63B9-4C46-A59E-2D0604A3B91F.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/USA-BANKS-COBOL/010040KH18J/index.html
github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/job-ready-javascript-edition-3.0.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Coding is soulless and now an overcrowded industry. Stick to carpentry.

No. Learning is always good.

Yes. Code means something cryptic or hard to understand.
Programming is about telling computers how to behave in a way that is easy for other programmers to understand.
The goal is to make it as readable as possible, quite the contrary to what the word "code" implies.
Learning programming is fine.

What do you want to know?

Call it programming from now on and you're good.

>Is it bad if I unironically want to learn to code?
No..?

Attached: poison.png (486x310, 38K)

focus on cybersecurity toi many deepshits will happen on 2030.

>Code means something cryptic or hard to understand
You do realize that's not the only definition, right?
Please don't tell me you are this autistic.

If you're in boomerheaven like me then no.

Learn C# and make money from boomers

for normies, programming or using a language is coding

for elitists, programming is using low level languages and dealing with memory allocation, garbage collector, pointers, and everyone else not doing that is not a programmer

for hipsters, using web js framework is either programming or developing, often think they're web developers, when all they do is presenting an UI that serves no real purpose since anyone can disable js

for everyone else, they don't give a shit, and they use programming languages as a tool to reach a particular result, always learning without overlooking important details especially related to security. I recommend : python or straight up php7 if you just want to do web stuff, nothing is more efficient than php for this field

>nothing is more efficient than php for this field
I hope by "efficient" you don't mean performance-wise, because you couldn't be more wrong.

Should I learn cobol? I kind of want to be involved with mainframes because I think it's cool.

What do you mean should you learn?
Learn whatever you feel like learning.

it performs better than node and python, and the ecosystem, librairies and simplicity makes it the most efficient language for the web, and for a reason, php is highly specialized. web is important, and it will allow increasingly more powerful results. a lot of languages that can do web like java have no future due to inherent flaws.

>it performs better than node and python
BAHAHHAHAHA those shitters weren't even on the table
>php is highly specialized
That's a pro and a con. For example, if someone were to learn C# & use the ASP.NET Core 2 framework, they would be much more versatile.
>web is important, and it will allow increasingly more powerful results
Not disagreeing with that, but not everything can be on the web
>a lot of languages that can do web like java have no future due to inherent flaws
such as?

yes there will always be the need to compute on a desktop, but less, you would only need to program around the hardware, an OS with what is already there like a calculator or a text editor, and that's it...

>such as
ruby, scala, go, and others relatively unknown languages like ocaml, also I think c# will not make in long term. I think we need more simplicity, all those languages are an annoyance, we need to unify more of our tools, I'm happy that decentralized computing and quantum computing is being researched, maybe it will allow us to start clean in an online environment actually capable of coordinating decently.

Is it bad if I unironically want to gas jews?

Attached: 1544933209864.png (645x851, 37K)

I mean is it even possible for job? I look up cobol job search but find nothing in my state

it's a dead language user, try forth+lisp instead I'm sure you'll make it

if you want a job just learn java and write factories all day lmao

Not OP, but I've been considering learning to code for a while, just don't know what to chose. And each passing day there are new things popping up and others going obsolete.
How on earth are you supposed to orient yourself?
I don't wanna learn something just for it to become irrelevant

Here's the deal. Cobol is an ancient language. However, it's still in massive use everywhere, because why would you pay someone to rewrite a program that already just werks? A lot of Cobol programmers are gonna die/retire soon, so I think in a few years there will be big demand for Cobol, because there are retards like and who see how old it is and think it's dead, so not many people bother learning it.
Someone needs to maintain all that code once the boomers are out.
fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/USA-BANKS-COBOL/010040KH18J/index.html

user, so what if a language is "irrelevant." You're free to use whatever language you want, even if that language isn't very popular. Of course if you're trying to get a job, that's a different story.
I would recommend you to start out with C++, because I promise it is not going anywhere in the near future, and there are a ton of libraries and documentation for it.

Epic incelpost
Enjoy masturbating forever

it totally depends what he wants to do (I know you know it but I mention it for him), doing tools for himself, work in military, game dev, web, desktop, robotics, science, crypto, business, finance, create something...

>is it bad if I want to pursue knowledge, learn more about computers, and become a better user of them?

Sup Mr. Goldstein.

*shekelstein
learn2meme

The center can't meme

Not OP, but is it bad that I want to code so I can make a website?

Attached: 36978537097351.png (327x300, 104K)

Yes.
You can't gas all of em, and the ones left will use you to create a second israel and insert themselves even deeper into the power.

Don't post based fagcat with low quality baits

Attached: 1509935655523.png (500x555, 170K)

That wasn't bait. I'm new to coding. I took graphic design but I learned web design. I want to make an actual website.

But why is cool worth learning over anything else

you should learn to code.

I'm not saying that it's better than anything else, you asked why it's worth learning and I gave some reasons for that.

*ugh* that's sooooo toxic

I tried googling the phrase for epic memes and I realized that I've been duped by memers and there is no outrage, it has all been manufactured by Jow Forumstards.
I've became a bit less of an NPC.

Learning to pen test would be more useful

How do I get good enough for a job?

I never actively searched for a programming job, so take this with a grain of salt. If anyone here searched for a programming job before, please correct any errors I made.
You're probably going to want to study the language and use it for at least a year. If you can take a college or online class, even better. Companies love certs so you're gonna need to get those.
I'm not 100% sure about Cobol specifically, but for most programming positions, you need to have a few years of work experience. That one you're gonna need to figure out on your own.

github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/job-ready-javascript-edition-3.0.md

is this an ok route to puruse? i'd just like a meme webdev job by the end of the year that pays a decent amount like 60k/yr. would be a great improvement from wagenigger salary of 30k right now

How do I get experience if all jobs require experience ?

I don't think there are cobol certs