11 months until EOS

What are you gonna do when Windows 7 stops being supported?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zeffy/wufuc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WannaCry_ransomware_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing.

Move to Windows 10

Check my software and hardware firewalls are still enabled and carry on

I literally did not install a single windows update between 2014 and like 2017

I already migrated to Windows 7.2, LTSC.
10 years support, security updates only.

Attached: 1522436564151.jpg (850x1253, 282K)

How do install W7 from an ISO file without a product key? I want to have a nice little W7 partition for my visual novels and then do everything else in linux, I haven't done the installation yet but the key activation seems to be an obstacle.

who the fuck cares about updates?

>How do install W7 from an ISO file without a product key?
Boot from USB or disc then just select you don't have a key during installation and you're done

the same i did before winblows 7 was made

doesn't it lock you out after 30 days?

>tfw windows 10 passed windows 7 in popularity literally less than 60 days ago despite them giving it out for free and literally forcing it on people by upgrading without asking and getting sued for damages for causing data loss

Attached: 57.jpg (1585x1527, 140K)

>doesn't it lock you out after 30 days?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit retail product keys on sale for 5-10 dollars on ebay, have used 2, both worked through online activation

>muh updates muh secure
Keep using it. You can't stop me, Microcuck.

Be comfy at Windows 10 + Debian GNU/Linux Stable

Nothing? Keep using it..

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

It's similar to what happened with XP. I wonder how long it will take for tech companies to notice that people have been saying "no, this is fine." for about 20 years now.

Nothing is going to change because I already have shut down the windows update service on windows 7 because it was bloat

Keep using it?
Why would I give a shit

>What are you gonna do when Windows 7 stops being supported?
Pirate fully cracked and cleaned version with latest updates.

I can't wait for all the retards ITT saying "nothing" to get owned, it's going to be great. Such hubris.

>10 year support
from microsoft maybe, but not necesarily from whoever makes all the programs you use.

Windows 10 only passed 7 in popularity less than 2 months ago

I know but in my experience as soon as MS drops support of a particular OS, software companies follow.

I held out until I picked up some new hardware and got tired of trying to get hacked and unsupported drivers to work properly under Windows 7. I really didn't want to migrate over because I was doing the whole "MUH BOTNET" thing, but found some guides on how to set up and install LTSB which worked great and finally allowed me to use my modern hardware. I still have Windows 7 on my older machines, but my main rig runs 10 without botnet and all that scary shit just fine.

dunno both war thunder and world of tanks still support windows xp, chrome even still giving updates to even 32bit systems

Attached: 127529296751.png (679x428, 34K)

Firefox support for XP lasted from 2001 to 2017.
SIXTEEN
YEARS

With how similar W10 is to W7 under the hood, Firefox will be supporting W7 for at least another half decade. And even then just because it won't be updated anymore won't mean people will stop using it until webpages stop loading.

The ONLY way an OS dies is when browser support dies. Prove me wrong.
PROTIP: You can't.

Attached: 1538775915527.png (313x291, 184K)

I installed windows 7 on my ryzen 2700x and used the github.com/zeffy/wufuc to install all os updates

asus even provides windows 7 drivers for x470 boards and tool to make your windows install files USB 3.0 compatible from first boot with all their boards

Install Windows 8.1

Considering the amount of botnet now an OS could die the second the company switches off the servers it phones home to in order to work at all.

>slmgr /rearm
If not just find a cheap key. I got one for $10 or if not go get a cracked iso

Where's your XP installation, bro?

>Considering the amount of botnet now an OS could die the second the company switches off the servers it phones home to in order to work at all.
Windows 7 works fine without internet connection faggot

Its windows 10 thats in danger of being remotely denied to you

This has literally never happened on anything except iToys.

>The ONLY way an OS dies is when browser support dies. Prove me wrong.
This didn't mention Windows 7 or 10, but Windows 10 could very well have a kill switch or something very much like it.

There's a first time for everything.

Your experience must not include Enterprise then. We're not planning to even open for 20 for another 3 years.

keep using it

How long until windows 7 usage drops below 25%?

Probably will be a lot quicker than XP since people were (for some reason) very culturally attached to XP in a way I've not seen people be over W7.

Not until Firefox stops supporting it. Chrome stopped support for XP in 2016, but webpages will still load correctly on it for years. Microsoft is supporting W7 to 2023 for legacy business customers, so FF and Chrome will keep getting W7 support until at least then, and webpages will still work fine in them until probably 2028.

t. Opera 12.16 user that held on for 3 years after it was abandoned

Attached: 1528595852341.jpg (1024x846, 44K)

I've been transitioning to linux, though I can't fully til I get a new computer (old one died) , just using it on an even older computer than that one was for some basic internets stuff.

Nice fake old filename fucking faggot

Nobody will pay for updates and edge getting chromium engine will make windows 7/8.1/10 even less different.

>I wonder how long it will take for tech companies to notice that people have been saying "no, this is fine." for about 20 years now.
isn't that the whole selling point of 10, a final os with updates forever?

Thousands of people will run vulnerable systems because they have some retarded attachment to this shitty OS.

>Nice fake old filename fucking faggot
Its named that so it would be next to this one in folder

Attached: 127529296750.png (2185x1960, 148K)

>Not using Win10 because is a 'botnet' os but still running win7

Windows 7 could be deactivated for you at any time. You don't know because the OS is proprietary and closed source.

OS kernel development has plateaued. W10 kernel now and W10 kernel 10 years from now will be barely any different, same with Linux.

It's great. I love all the people ITT who are going to unwilling participants in some Russian botnet (the actual meaning of the word botnet, not the retarded Jow Forums version)

Just like I do with every major problem in my life, pretend it doesn't exist and carry on.

>Windows 7 could be deactivated for you at any time.
Durr hurr then I restore image from local backup in less than 300 seconds

fuck off CIA your mafia threats don't work on us, go choke on a donut

How retarded are you? You realize that the OS could have a built in phone-home setting that would make the OS refuse to boot if the response from Microsoft told it so.

You "restoring from local backup" would not DO ANYTHING in this case because such functionality could be built into the OS and you wouldn't have a clue it existed.

Yeah 7zip, image viewers, mpv, Firefox ESR, Steam, image/video editors will totally require the latest Win 10 version, fuck off.

>who are going to unwilling participants in some Russian botnet
Nice fear mongering you got there bud
If you don't run downloaded executables, you have an updated web browser and updated programs that exchange data with the outside wall and you have the computer protected behind a firewall nat and no unauthorized devices connect to the lan then you don't need updates and you are completely secure
In fact I bet that a computer like that is more secure than a fully updated computer that downloads executable files with the false sense of secuirty that antivirus and updates give

>hurrdurr just dont download executables and you're fine
Sure, retard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WannaCry_ransomware_attack

but it is not fine
they should make a final version when they have another fine product and not fuck it up with worthless updates that delete the user's files

what if my computer doesn't have a phone

>How retarded are you? You realize that the OS could have a built in phone-home setting that would make the OS refuse to boot if the response from Microsoft told it so.
Fucking dump-shit mouthbreather you're so fucking dumb you propably do work for microshit, the server won't say shit unless I open port in my firewall

>You "restoring from local backup" would not DO ANYTHING in this case because such functionality could be built into the OS and you wouldn't have a clue it existed.
Piece of shit retard microsoft employee don't know you don't have to be in windows to restore disk image

Attached: 1548922390232.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

You don't need to run an executable to be vulnerable. Every so often a variability will be found in software you are already running. This will no longer be updated and removed, and once these variabilities are public this is how you will be taken advantage of.

Jow Forums is delusional if they think mass majority of people are autistic enough to cling onto a dead OS like Jow Forums is. Most will upgrade.

>the server won't say shit unless I open port in my firewall
Then it wont work because there'll be no response.

respond to yourself everything is a-ok

Sadly, just like many people in this thread, people don't understand anything about security and will stick with it so they don't have to learn something new.

>Then it wont work because there'll be no response.
To an artificial mind all reality is virtual

The machine can't tell the difference if I turn back the clock in BIOS

Attached: itsscience_adeptus_mechanicus.jpg (235x156, 10K)

The OS will throw a fit because none of its time keeping will make sense any more.

>Fucking dump-shit mouthbreather you're so fucking dumb you propably do work for microshit, the server won't say shit unless I open port in my firewall
How do you know the phone-home service isn't just a simple HTTP request? You won't know.

Fuck off shill, Windows 10 didn't pass 7 in popularity until less than 2 months ago despite being forcibly shoved down everyones and their neighbours cats throat

Fucking quads of absolute truth.

Security is only important if you are using the internet and installing new stuff, right? If I just have a windows 7 box using only vetted programs and never accessing the internet, there won't be any problems, right?

>How do you know the phone-home service isn't just a simple HTTP request? You won't know.
It runs fine disconnected from any network

>The OS will throw a fit because none of its time keeping will make sense any more.
False, can be empirically tested

>It runs fine disconnected from any network
At the moment....

Nope its absolute horseshit, microsoft 10 literally takes screenshots of your screen at "random" and pictures with camera at logon screen, also, has literal keylogger installed and scans your word documents for naughty words and reports home

BASED

the only shit that is going to require the latest OS are things designed to limit piracy aka shit I already don't want

Holy shit you're fucking dumb piece of shit aren't you? It can't phone home disconnected from network

You're authentically stupid enough to be real microsoft employee

Seek therapy.

Oh noes, if only there was a way to do activation locally.

>It runs fine disconnected from any network
It does now, but maybe not in the future

>just turn bios clock back lol xd
Microsoft would very well be keeping track of the "actual" time regardless of what your system tells you and regardless of what you change in BIOS. The point is you don't know because everything is closed source :^)

he isn't wrong about the keylogger part but that only applies if you are the biggest retard on earth and set all telemetry to max and tell cortana to sync all your shit to the cloud
not to mention
>installing a version that even has cortana

looks like i'll end up doing that then

>It does now, but maybe not in the future
Are you literally retarded?

Haha apparently diehard windows 7 fans have some serious anger problems. I'm grabbing some popcorn. This is great.

>Seek therapy.
All those things are literally in windows 10.

It literally takes screenshots, scans your documents for banned words, sends random documents to microsoft for "security analysis" without your permission and captures images with camera during login

Иди нaхyй

>It can't phone home disconnected from network
Then it wont work because it's not getting a response. Why do you think phoning home for activation works the exact opposite than it does? It will not work unless the server responds to tell it to work. Why would they have it work unless the server says not to?

see

>microsoft shills

Attached: retard_pretending.jpg (349x642, 31K)

Do you know exactly what is happening to your closed source system when it gets it closed source updates, and connects to its closed server?

Heт! :(

Are you? Do you really think that because you changed time in your bios settings that there isn't a way to keep track of actual system time via intel ME/AMD secure tech?

Autism

How precisely is a computer that not connected to a network installing updates? Be specific.

he types like an angry European

>only applies if you are the biggest retard on earth and set all telemetry to max
Do not fucking trust the telemetry setting, they fucking lie to you

Then I'll just change my BIOS clock to the future and it wont send them until the year 2060. I'm so smart.

Literally technically correct and theres absolutely nothing you can say to prove me wrong shill

Use a KMS crack brainlet

Are you currently using a closed source OS? if so, you don't know that it isn't.