How can you nuke HDD so you're safe from copyright trolls?

How can you nuke HDD so you're safe from copyright trolls?

Anyway to do it for only parts of HDD? Meaning, if I want to keep my, say 60% of stuff but want to nuke 40% that's not in use, how it's possible? Or do I need to nuke entire HDD so to be safe from any action?
There's currently crazy legal battles here, where lost party was required to pay up 34,000€+ for few movies (100€ for the downloads, 34,000€ for legal fees, most of which come from copy right trolls, defendants lawyer cost less than 3,000€)

Attached: 1550080578266.jpg (701x473, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/piraattikirjeiden-lahettajat-ottivat-kayttoon-kovat-keinot-vaativat-laitteita-takavarikkoon-6684983
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

To add, I haven't even watched their gay shit,

but since here only requirement for getting your shit pushed is excel chart where it says your name and random ip from 4 years back I'd rather back my shit up

Stop hoarding faggot movies its a good time to delete it.

i don't even have their faggot movies, im deleting my other faggot movies so they can't use the angle where i've torrented anime shit as possible evidence that I would download hollywood shit

But the problem is that you can recover shit from computer once it's deleted, that's why I'm asking how you nuke a hard drive, and if it's possible to do for only part of hard drive. Or should i just copy paste random faggot shit all over and delete + copy paste few times to brim of capacity

nobody is coming after you you schizo

cat /dev/urandom > randomdatalol.delete
defrag if possible

>cat /dev/urandom
im windows pleb
But how I understand just filling HDD with random shit, as long it's at full capacity will do the trick?

do a gutmann 35-pass wipe of the whole drive.

can never be too safe :3

This.

Nigger that makes no sense at all. Warner Brothers isn't going to take you to court for downloading card captor sakura. They don't give a fuck unless you pirated THEIR shit.

>asking tech question without specifying OS
>using windows
>ever
kys

But yes random data overwrites old data

How do copyright trolls factor into the equation here? What exactly are trying to accomplish or prevent, I'm confused...

There was a case recently here, where the defendant wasn't even in the country with his family when the acts were deemed to happen, copy right laws are fucked up in here. Not to mention the evidence the accusators had was basically down to excel chart with name and ip, it's retarded

Like I said, you sound like a schizo. If what you say is true and a kangaroo court would punish you based on hearsay then wiping your HDD would not save you. In fact, it would probably be considered destruction of evidence.
I seriously doubt that any of the shit you're saying is even close to true. You either misunderstood something you read or you're panicking over rumours.

Fyi copyright trolls are people that target companies with false claims saying they own the copyright on a product the company sells.

>public wifi
>sniff the fragrant burger-scented packets
>spoof mac of someone connected to ap
>wait til they leave out of frustration due to ip collisions
>give captive portal the finger on your way by
>steal Emoji Movie or wtf ever OP likes
>cackle evilly and twirl moustache as they get sued instead of you
>no one will ever know

Attached: 1527635439218.jpg (500x384, 33K)

copy what you want off and then overwrite all sectors of the HDD with blank information

or just microwave it

Copyright troll means here lawyer firm sending letters broadly as many people they can, demanding they either pay upwards 600€-3000€ for tv shows / movies, or they will prepare for future actions (Literal translation)
The copyright laws here are at the moment made by literal blonde bimbo with iq of 80 and assistance of greasiest jew you can think of, where you don't need actual evidence and the decision is made by vote of self proclaimed judges. So when senile old men hear the word torrent, they automatically have their vote set
It's true that I'm acting pretty schizo right now, but considering there were few changes (Such as not getting easily new ip's for the copyright trolls) I'd rather just back my shit up, especially since I had open wifi at one point

>It's true that I'm acting pretty schizo right now
Understatement of the year
Thats also not the commonly accepted meaning of "copyright troll", which is whats causing some confusion.

Honestly though, you need to make a small tinfoil hat that will sit on top of your hard drive. This should keep it safe from the jew layers reading its thoughts like you're afraid of

i've received 7 letters from them past 4 years, so I'm pretty sure they fondly remember me to some degree, so I think I can reserve the right to be somewhat schizo + it's small hours and im drunk

The thing is there are methods to recover overwritten data. Depending on your level of paranoia you can:
1. Overwrite free space with random shit
2. Overwrite it 5 times at least
3. Do it for the whole drive
4. Just drill holes into the platter.

>copyright trolls
Just fucking admit you're full of CP instead.
Anyway, the only way to nuke data and make it 100% impossible to recover is to physically destroy the drive. Screw shred, srm and all that other shit, which doesn't even work properly on journaling filesystems.

If you're not willing to go this far, your data is not dangerous enough to need nuking anyway.

cipher w:

>tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/piraattikirjeiden-lahettajat-ottivat-kayttoon-kovat-keinot-vaativat-laitteita-takavarikkoon-6684983

our copyright laws are written by fucking retard, and private firms can confiscate your computer with help of police preceding legal actions

> Tarkoituksena on ollut todistaa, että laitteisiin ei ole asennettu vertaisverkkosovelluksia eikä niissä ole jälkiä sellaisen käytöstä.

The intent has been to prove, that computer does not show traces of peer to peer programs, and no signs of using them