DSLL is a meme

If you're already at 4k, aliasing is no longer an issue. Anti-aliasing was used when we couldn't run at high resolutions and needed workaround to fix aliasing. This is moot now since we have actual 4k screens and even at sub-4k, we have GPUs capable of supersampling at 4k with reasonable performance.

>inb4 AMD shill
No.Plus it's a DX12 thing not a Nvidia thing specifically.
techpowerup.com/252550/nvidia-dlss-and-its-surprising-resolution-limitations

Attached: DLSS1.png (512x213, 95K)

Supersampling is just shitty raster antialiasing

fuck you mean? it's the best anti-aliasing option by far since it doesn't give you obnoxious blurring

i turn off AA since it doesnt bother me in the slightest

When I view non antialiased text and images on my 5" 1440p phone screen, I still notice jagged edges. Even that isn't enough resolution to hide aliasing and edges.

>the best anti-aliasing option
>not cmaa2
Retard.

>If you're already at 4k, aliasing is no longer an issue.
This old meme again.
People said the same about 1080p.
Then 1440p.
Eventually it'll be said about 8K.

You will never get that clean CGI look.

>aliasing not a problem at higher resolutions

Are you fucking retarded, does the whole image pop up every frame on an LCD or OLED monitor or is it partial? If it's partial, which it is, it produces aliasing. Might not be an issue if you are sitting like 20 feet back from a TV, but on a monitor 2 feet or less away from your face 4k aliases fucking hard. The only way to really get around it is something like DLSS or using a fucking tube or plasma display.

Supersampling is the definitive form of antialiasing. It's considered literally the best method to do so. Every other method is a cheap hack.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>People said the same about 1080p.
>Then 1440p.
>t. lying zoomer

>does the whole image pop up every frame on an LCD or OLED monitor or is it partial? If it's partial, which it is, it produces aliasing.
Did you manage to falsely describe LCD/OLED technology and mash up antialiasing with vsync in one single post? Impressive

You don't sem to understand. "4k DLSS" isn't 4k, it's upscaled 1440p. Nvidia is bullshitting through and through.

4k isn't quite enough for no AA.
I'd like at least 1440p @ 24" w/ 2x SSAA and 120fps. For 4k I could probably do with a post-process AA tuned for sharpness or 2x MSAA. Maybe I'd play with downsampling from non-integer factors of 4k.

Well, that depends, what's the downscaling algorithm used? If 2xSSAA is used with default nvidia or amd driver workaround it's gonna have shite bilinear filtering bluring the overall image, if you are using a custom SSAA injector with Lanczos or Bicubic down sampling you will notice a far sharper image, with lanczos even going as far as to eliminate ringing effects for the most overall clarity. In addition to this, some partial supersampling methods could also be considered superior, take for instance 64xSLICSAA which is using even subpixels to provide the sharpest possible multisampled image. Multisampling and deffered is whole possible so long as you are willing to give the deffered pass a simple supersample, but it is performance intensive. That being said, it is no where near as performance intensive as supersampling, and also not as heavy on the vram because of the use of partial scaling. Of course, it comes with the caveat that it requires an additional amount of antialiasing applied to static textures, such as grass and tree leaves that often use transparencies because the edge detection for a partial supersample (aka multisample) only uses edges passed by the depth buffer, so all in all transparency supersampling is needed in most multisampled scenarios. This is in order to form the most visually clear image available at the lowest possible cost to performance for a particular scene without blurring artifacts caused by temporal effects or strange clipping artifacts caused by deep learning based algorithms. Of course, the industry doesn't care about that at all, and a perfect image isn't what they think people want, and I can't blame them for that, because honestly people are fucking mostly fucking blind.

No, I'm referring to sub-field motion resolution, google it and shut your filthy peasant mouth, the patricians are talking.

To be fair SSAA sampling at a rotated grid is better than typical post-process bilinear downscaling on an aligned grid.

>x resoltion is not enough for AA
It's about pixel density, you mongs.

>This old meme again.
>People said the same about 1080p.
>Then 1440p.
>Eventually it'll be said about 8K.
It can be true for all of them, whether aliasing is visible or not is a function of resolution, physical screen size, viewing distance and each individual's visual acuity. 4K at 27" at about 60-65cm viewing distance in my case approaches the point where aliasing is still visible if I look for it, but it is greatly reduced and in some cases using AA is not worth it if it comes with significant drawbacks (blur or large performance hits).

DLSS is a feature meant to improve performance, not image quality. Image quality will be worse with DLSS enabled since it upscales from a lower resolution and it looks blurry. DLSS 2x is meant to improve image quality, but nothing supports it so we can't tell how good it is.

OGSSAA and SGSSAA used with transparencies and used in tandem with Color Sampled AA ontop of a good multisamples is a good medium when it comes to performance over regular OGSSAA or SGSSAA on fullscreen.

Except they did?
Just because you're too young to remember doesn't change shit.

I mean you couldn't even type it correctly in the subject line my man

deep super learning learning

Attached: brain.jpg (640x723, 22K)

2 x the performance of a 1080ti
Several years of development and basically 2 x the price of a 1080ti.
I have a 2080 RTX but Nvidia ain’t really doing a lot at the moment the make buying the current gen a game changer considering how long they took.

Honestly, i like to turn AA off as i cant stand the blur, sure there are some jagged edges and pixels but at least its not fucking blurry

>DSLL
>aliasing no longer an issue at 4k
Do you even have a 4k screen? Aliasing is absolutely still an issue on larger monitor sizes if you're within a few feet of the screen.
>t. had a 42in 4k monitor for years

Attached: 1527715754933.jpg (720x711, 26K)

>DSLL
Deep sampling looper lampelling?

>he views a 42" screen from less than 12 feet away

Deep Spurning Looper Lamper

nvidiots BTFO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 15500747261.jpg (2560x2880, 2.4M)

What's this, high vs medium? And why point phone camera at screen? Screenshots are a thing.

4K at 27" is 163.18 PPI. That's close to half the PPI of a 720p phone screen. Go look at a game running without AA on a 720p phone. Even from monitor distance away, aliasing is plainly visible.

I posted it on a forum where every image automatically gets downsized. So I took the pics with my phone.
Here's another.

Attached: 1550078969.png (1554x920, 3.2M)