Programming new technology

How would I go about creating a program that can be used for space travel or for some kind of new high tech invention? Like what if I wanted to create a program to create new discoveries? Is that possible? Like if I wanted to design a program for space, can I do it? Can I program a holograph? Please help me I don't understand what's the use in programming if all I'm going to be learning is text functions. Im learning C++ by the way. Im not interested in programmimg games or calculators.

Attached: 1545753912215.jpg (600x900, 142K)

People who invent new things have creativity and initative and if you're asking how to do this then you have absolutely no initative so you won't be inventing anything new in this lifetime

I just want to know if it is possible firstly before I delve into this and realize ill be making calculators and prime number finders all my life.

You must be 18 to post here.

Programs only tell computers what to do, that's not how you invent a new machine

Rule of thumb for normal people: If it can be programmed with current technology, it's already been programmed by other people somewhere.
So, if you're not seeing "space travel" software or programs that "create new discoveries" around, it's a big sign that you're not the one going to create it.

Im serious
Well yes I know that but can I make a computer or something and the machine can end up doing it?
Well that's pessimistic af

I thought programming was what creates new things and robots and software than can make us go to the moon

Attached: images_0.jpg (236x285, 5K)

Well if you do create an algorithm to efficiently find prime numbers then by golly you will be one rich, rich man.

>can I make a computer or something and the machine can end up doing it?
are you fucking retarded dude, what does that even mean?
if you want to built a machine build a machine
that's not programming

Like can I build something and have the computer control its internals, and well whats the point in programming if I cant create something other than just software thats been done over and over again I wanna make something new

of course you can
creating something is the hard part
unless you're 12 years old you sound too stupid for that

Why the fuck are there so many prepube teens on this website now?

Attached: 1544145348239.jpg (640x1024, 52K)

But would programming be necessary to be an expert or good at so I can create technology that pertains to advanced tech such as space travel and other things like holograms? Like is programming needed for technology in which holograms are displayed? Yes right? And im in my early 20's chill out I dont have degrees or nothing but I have a passion

Attached: OkayButYTho.png (378x435, 388K)

Most people who invent real-world things aren't good at programming, they're passable at best
all the great programmers work in domains that are entirely software

Thanks that's what I was trying to understand, and like for example Elon Musk. Would he have happened to know and use programming to create SpaceX?

>Would he have happened to know and use programming to create SpaceX?

Why yes as a matter of fact he used programming to materialize spacex, it was super easy he just ran :

init spacex

then all of the sudden he was on mars

Nice reddit spacing

This is why we will never achieve anything in civilization

you shouldn't use elon musk as a reference point, his technical skills are unclear, he's an entrepeneur
>Would he have happened to know and use programming to create SpaceX?
this is just such a retarded question

Well yeah Inguess but still. and YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MAN.

no I dont know what you mean
do you even understand what programming is?
yes spaceships need to be programmed
you don't really need to be an amazing programmer to do so though

I know what programming is (definition is a bit vague), but honestly I have a hard time figuring out its usecase. Like we program things so they can do things right but like can we not create new things from programming? Oh well see that's what I mean like I can try that

>can we not create new things from programming?
depends what you mean by "new thing"
you sound like you want to will physical objects into existence with computer code
if you want to work in space travel or holograms then that's physical technology, you aren't going to be making breakthroughs in that area via programming

I think you have read too many "Top ten reasons to learn a programming language in 2019" or you're just too young.
You'll get to the moon if you're a good engineer, you'll create holograms if you have vast knowledge in optics. You will use programming in this endeavors ofc, but it's a tool. Don't expect a video called "C++ tutorial for absolute beginners #347: How to get to the moon"

Nobody care about that anymore. Make app for I don't know, penis filters for twitter and you will be rich.

No lol, I just want to be able to make something work with the code I put in it so it can automatically do things or help it in a way
Im in my early 20s so im a bit young but aware. And see like im interested in holographs. Is it possible to create them? Or time travel?

programs tell machines how to run. i'm not sure you understand what you're talking about
>Im in my early 20s
>time travel
are you mentally deficient

Well a man can dream can't he

>Im in my early 20s
I'm going to wager you're around 13 to 15 years old.
Please get off this website, reddit is the perfect place for you, they'll answer your questions.

Time travel as you see it in the movies breaks the laws of the universe, it doesn't make sense
That's pre-teen sort of dreaming

I think you're more interested in physics than programming desu

No im serious
Sad feels when

You don't think it'd ever be possible tho

Fuck I think you're right, I just thought programming created things like new technology but I guess not...

You have to invent new hardware too. You have to be an (surprise):
ACTUAL ENGINEER

This is the vaguest question ever, and you're asking like 5 questions simultaneously.
>can I create a program for space travel
>can I create a program for some kind of new high tech invention(???)
>can I create a program to create new discoveries
>can I design a program for space(???)
>can I program a holograph?
>I'm learning C++, what is programming used for?

wtf man? Are you trolling or just like a golden retriever with a keyboard?
>"Squirrel!"

Shit. So what would engineering consist of and is it related to technology at all? Yes right? At least a little?
Lol well I was trying to make it concise but I messed up. and got all excited..

Attached: 1545408881204.png (251x251, 71K)

>You don't think it'd ever be possible tho
If it were possible to build a machine to go back in time then you could build that machine and then go back in time before you built it and then built another one and do the same thing an infinite amount of times and there could be an infinite amount of yous time travelling an infinite amount of times and yet we haven't seen a single time traveller
it breaks the law of energy conservation

>the better you are at making something, the better your product
there's a bare minimum skill set for creating anything, and your skill level will reflect the products you put out.

Jesus fuck you're in your 20's?
>I have a hard time believing that.

anyways yeah someone could write a program that projects an image(for instance) for a set amount of time under certain circumnstances(eg. if your "hologram" device is turned on)
You would need to be like... an engineer or something to create devices like that, but I aspire to similar things.

A big part of the 'computer science' mindset is harnessing all of the information that's available to you online, for free.
So, get started and start teaching yourself some shit.

A lot of people go to school for it, because being graded, and having a teacher effectively force you to study a subject makes the increase in skill at that subject much more steady and constant.

> Like we program things so they can do things right but like can we not create new things from programming?
Yeah, programming can enable new inventions, but you still need the skillset to enable the creation of whatever device you have in mind.

It's not just like: "I know how to program real good, now I can invent anything."

Fair, concise doesn't mean verbose, it means specific and to the point:
"I want to create new technologies, how can programming as a skill enable this?
Is there a different skill that would be more helpful to that end?"

Also I should mention: in regards to programming computers to help you in the creation of new devices and inventions: there's autocad, and 3D printing, which helps with prototyping physical models of 'new inventions'

So you can, in fact make physical things with a computer, but, it's different than programming, it's basically fluency with those relevant softwares.

Im not that stupid (about 115 IQ desu) but I just have a hard time getting the picture I guess when it comes to making something new. And well yes I do try to research online and everything to try and come up with new ideas but I just want to make sure im doing it the right way that's why I asked here. Well yes school would make it easier and I want to but its too expensive right now. Yes I mean I want to enable new inventions by programming thats exactly what I mean.
Well yes I know about those and they are helpful

>I want to enable new inventions by programming
you either want to invent new things or you want to be a programmer
if you're inventing new physical technology then programming it is an afterthought

what you are saying is all bullshit kids talk. either ur underage b& or your IQ is 15, not 115.

Sorry, not to be harsh. The language you use is a bit stifling to an otherwise fairly intact thought process, it's a communication issue rather than an issue of intelligence.

ok, I was just mentioning them for your consideration.

Personally i want to invent, and I want to be very computer capable, so I'm kind of shooting for the same thing as you in a sense.

I'm going to be studying network security
>I'm going to join the army and get a paid education in it.

It's gonna be hellish. :D

Fuck, then yes I want to invent new things I guess. I just thought that programming was creating something new in a sense but I see it's only software related mostly and I guess does come last when making an actual material object. So I have to become an engineer?

IQ isn't a measure of one's communication skills, but cognitive processing ability.

>engineers can still make use of programming though.

You do create new things with programming but you create new software
You don't create holograms or spaceships by programming
I don't know what the fuck you were thinking, I think you need to be able to think critically before you consider being an inventor

It's fine sorry I just have high functioning autism that's why I think my communication sucks and I'm not social or good at talking my thoughts out.

And yes exactly I want to invent stuff but have a technological aspect to them, so I would need programming right?

Well that's good man I've been thinking of getting my SEC+ but idk if that's the route I really wanna take in life. I really want to make something.

That's what I'm thinking right???
See that's what I had trouble understanding. Like with a holograph, I thought you programmed it to like come out of the portal, and then programmed it have bits, etc.. Don't worry I am thinking critically I just don't point it out I'm theorizing basically to not be too close minded

>have high functioning autism
Well, you'll fit right in in the science community.

I'm not even being facetious, I'd imagine that brand of logical thinking would be a real asset to working in a science field.

Good luck user, I hope you do great things.

If you invent a holograph projector then you will need to program it, but programming it is not the invention, the invention would be within the realm of materials technology
That's what I mean by not thinking critically
programming is just telling something what to do

I know that but im just trying to say that if with programming I can use it to make something with material technology and put it to use
Haha well thank you I hope you do too and Good luck as well user

Posting a pape

Attached: 1510487945829.jpg (1920x1200, 376K)