Hi Jow Forums

Hi Jow Forums
Not an experienced programmer at all but I made a dubs GET script for Jow Forums X
Have fun
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/377727-Jow Forums-getter

Attached: Iii9D6i.png (600x600, 576K)

How do you do it?

Check 'em

thanks man, i needed this because all the others were outdated. check em.

Tell us how to work this thing, OP.

test

Thanks op, check these dubs btw

forgot to turn off post on captcha completion. it should work now.

virus

Attached: 1432095645774.jpg (460x345, 32K)

check 'em

also fuck hiro

Attached: 1550132688063.gif (607x609, 514K)

It will create a line in the quick reply box
Just noticed that it looks kinda broken without OneeChan so I'll fix that later
It'll show the last post on the left for manual posting
Then it'll show a number to input when to post (so a value of 1 with a get of 99 will post at 98, 2 will post at 97 etc), and a selector box to select dubs, trips, etc.

test

Ah geez, no wonder.
I

Kinda suspicious especially with the current issues on the board right now

*ahem*
I thought that number was the last digit of the desired post.

Okay, I sorta get it.

I still don't understand. So If I input 1, it will get me a 99?

Please help a brainlet out.

Looks like you got it, user.

Attached: e46d5c78a03c7509f1f4732d3ff5de09.png (480x756, 120K)

Made a quick fix for those without OneeChan. Sure there's a better way to do it but it works now.
Will try to make it easier to understand a bit later

What's the last post update interval, OP?

Attached: checkem.png (340x540, 243K)

alright check em lel

opps redo
also please don't share this, let this be our little secret OP.

nice it works.
time to go win thanks OP

Your script seems to get stuck if the actual last post number is greater than the one it has internally.

>requires jquery
Completely unnecessary, but nice script regardless. Well done, welcome to the club.

It's a board speed setting. If you set it to 1, it will post the moment the script detects a post ending in -98, if you set it to 2 the moment it detects -97 and so on.
As the script just uses the API to get an estimate of the highest post number and the imgboard.php method to check whether a post with a given number already exists, you need some kind of speed control. The script would check -95, -96, -97… and if the board is fast enough that for the next check -98 and -99 might already be created, you need to take a gamble and post already when you've verified that -97 exists.
GET hunters like KoG have a somewhat more refined approach that takes actual/projected board speed in posts/minute into account.
During the night or other slow periods according to 4stats.io it should be enough to keep it at 1.

It would be nice if the script could restrict itself to clear trips and higher on the video game boards, as regular dubs are skipped there.

Nice job OP

I made pretty much the exact same thing like 5 years ago and felt like hot shit when it worked, hope you get to feel like hot shit too OP

will test it

doesn't work?

whats KoG

I don't need such scripts to get dubs

Check 'em

Test

You are playing with forces you do not understand. You cannot force or fake gets, otherwise you rob them of power. To deceive others is wrong. If you use your script for nefarious purposes like faking revelations or important posts you are manipulating others and opening yourself to karmic retribution.

Attached: 1479120888501.png (349x600, 148K)

test

Great, like the dozen other ones made in the past 15 years.

go fuck yourself

>As the script just uses the API
doesn't hiro fucked the api?

>It would be nice if the script could restrict itself to clear trips and higher on the video game boards, as regular dubs are skipped there
Should do that now.

Hiro just made the catalog/indexes update slower. This only gets the index once, then checks for individual posts which update can be checked for as they're posted.

Check em

>requires jsquerty
>requires 3chonY

Attached: nope.jpg (1024x768, 172K)

Test

:(

just a heads up OP, the thread highest up in the bump sorting doesn't necessarily have the most recent post number in its latest reply.
See pic as an example from /vg/ from just now.
It's also not enough to just check the most recent post. Very rarely the 2nd newest has the higher post number iirc.
For 4stats I check all the included recent replies and pick the highest one via Math.max(), whichever it may be.

Attached: post_no.png (852x703, 21K)