So how do we draw a rectangle here

So how do we draw a rectangle here

Attached: download (22).jpg (290x174, 10K)

Like any project that needs a bit of graphics design, do it in inkscape.

code it yourself you fucking winbastard

The Free Open-Source Software holistically expands your mind, allowing you to effortlessly draw perfect freehand rectangles. This should work even in the ants version of GIMP that you appear to be using.
If you can't seem to get the hang of it, your mind might be burdened with proprietary thoughts. Try GNU meditation and fasting to cleanse yourself.

Attached: kek.webm (692x638, 340K)

I don't know how to use the software therefore I will blame software itself

This is circle though, but you get the idea.

Attached: 1549198259712-g.webm (600x600, 2.59M)

Hahahahahahahahahahah the absolute state of open source fags

Attached: many_kek.png (459x612, 533K)

based

Gimp is an image manipulation program, not a drawing program.
If you want to draw shapes, use something else.
But if you really have to, here's how you can set a width.
Works the same way with circles.

Attached: ss (2019-02-14 at 16.01.39).webm (1178x658, 1.31M)

Attached: o2io4.webm (1440x896, 2.85M)

>draws rectangle with wilbers
>what are you doing, you could use peppers instead
>draws rectangle with peppers
>based

kek

Attached: modernart-or8.png (640x480, 4K)

With all the time spent on these rectangle drawing tutorials, you fags could probably implement an actual rectangle drawing tool.

gimp is for manipulating images, not creating them
if you want to draw rectangles, use inkscape

so is photoshop, and yet it can actually draw shapes without some hacky workaround or unrelated feature

Yet there's like five different people using GIMP to draw rectangles in this thread.
Really makes you hmmm.

i can't afford photoshop, so i literally can't draw a rectangle in photoshop

>paying the corporate software jew

>image manipulator
why is Jow Forums is stoopid

Attached: signal20180507081141.gif (360x314, 2.86M)

It's also a bloated piece of always-online spyware and isn't free. GIMP works great for its intended purpose and is the ultimate zoomer filter.

OP BTFO
ADOBETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH
HOW WILL PHOTOKEK FAGS EVER RECOVER

it's just the rectangle tool that's right next to the circle tool, you use stroke selection, fill or paths to paint them

this
ps is just cancer to deal with

>i want a tool for every little thing
>i can't combine little tools to achieve whatever i want without bloat
Windows is this way
This
Photoshop is a powerful too but it's bloated as fuck and the interface is worse than Gimp

Use Paint.NET.

Attached: 2013-03-30_shapes_1.png (371x338, 12K)

Yeah, this is shit.

1997 called, it wants its super primitive, shitty, slow, always blocking, non-intuitive application design back.

Nigga the fuck are you doing?

Just use the ellipse tool and make both sizes the same

Is there ANYTHING wrong with paint.net ? (except not being available on loonix ?)

it's not open sauce

Is this unironically how it's done? I'll just stick with Kolourpaint

Just a reminder that if you're not a digital artist or some shit like that you do not need the bloated software aka gimp, krita, inkscape triad. Just get azpainter or mtpaint for basic image manipulation. Former is actually a very good drawing software for your cartoon drawings as well, and its installed size is 1MB... As you can see in the vid I can open the software and draw a rectangle faster than gimpfags can open their bloatware.

Attached: video-190214-1432-00.webm (1600x900, 385K)

Yes. It's really not intuitive, but at least one can understand the reasoning behind it ("we have tools to make rectangular and oval-shaped selections, why do we need extra tools to draw rectangular and oval-shaped shapes?").
For complex shapes you're going to use paths instead, which can be drawn with Stroke Path (which is actually a button on the Paths panel, not just a menu option).

Since GIMP sucks dick, what is the Blender of open-source image manipulation tools?

gimp

Unironically this.
If you want muh rectangles, go use krita or pinta or inkscape or whatever.

More important ... How do you draw a green pepper in Photoshop?

Attached: Ball mouse BTW.webm (1920x1052, 1.93M)

This seems like the best way. I use to be a brainlet and do rectangle selection > fill > shrink selection > delete