I proposed that I teach my girlfriend programming and she agreed! Can this possibly go well?

I proposed that I teach my girlfriend programming and she agreed! Can this possibly go well?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 11.30.54 AM.png (365x316, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

norvig.com/21-days.html
programmingbydoing.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's what you get for opening your stupid manmouth. Men really are stupid.

Are retarded?
You do it if she asks.

Attached: 1547228204569.gif (360x560, 460K)

I don't think female's brains are wired correctly for programming....

Dunno. Why would she need to be taught programming by you?

For what purpose? Unless she has a dick, in that case, well done.

Attached: 1541500821516.jpg (720x492, 26K)

They aren't.
Alot of men's brains aren't either.
You need a certain IQ and a way to think abstractly.

Try your absolute hardest to get out of this with as little bloodshed and "teaching" as you can. You fucked up by implying that you can teach anyone, let alone someone who you care about, any type of coding. You're her boyfriend/girlfriend, not her teacher, and, outside of you actually teaching classes, will invariably have little to no experience actually educating others. Make whatever you've committed to as small and uninvolved as possible so as to minimize the chances of you getting her actually interested, only to be disappointed when she realizes that it's work, not just a hobby.

In the future remind yourself of your position and conform to it if you're unsure at all about stepping out of it.

Attached: 1444257591920.gif (233x226, 1010K)

no, it'll go really bad.
she'll lose interest while you're trying to teach her shit and you'll get aggravated cause of her lack of interest while she starts to loathe you for not *understanding* her.
then you will have to face the fact she's stupid as shit and god save your soul if she *thinks* even for a second you think she's less than the most intelligent being on earth.

you're basically single.

Smart

>You're her boyfriend/girlfriend, not her teacher
this
saged

The only way I can see this working out is to have her run through an online tutorial and answer any questions she has.

>announcing sage
Cya kiddo

>kiddo
old habits die hard my dude

sage in all fields

your black friend will teach her doggystyle

I've been helping my wife with Matlab. She's a cognitive scientist and uses it to analyze EEG data.

I don't even know much about programming, let alone Matlab. But the classes she took on it didn't seem to emphasize fundamental shit like how to form boolean expressions, variable scope, file I/O and formatting, or even basic OOP.

I basically give her pointers and help her through refactoring existing code. She still doesn't like programming but it's fun helping her learn and rewarding to see her become comfortable with it.

You should do it, OP!

wholesome af

Before you know it they'll be handling eachothers interfaces without shame.

norvig.com/21-days.html
programmingbydoing.com/

Forgot this:
>And Chaucer (1340-1400) complained "the lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne."

>Can this possibly go well?
No, you're fucked. Either she can't get her head round it and she thinks you're a shit for forcing her down the autism route and leaves you, or she gets good at it, gets a job where she earns more money than you, thinks you're a loser and/or starts blowing the chad in the office where she works, and leaves you.

Attached: 1549215456329.gif (540x304, 729K)

i bet she lasts 9 minutes

Attached: 1512416054520.png (584x328, 479K)

Good luck buddy. I would start her out by throwing the linux Bible on her lap and a usb stick with Gentoo install media on it.

Attached: 1549878892336.png (513x454, 399K)

>Alot
Looks like your brain and IQ aren't "wired" for English.

lol zoomer btfo

Yes, tell her to install Emacs and make her learn Lisp.

Sure! She should mostly learn how to teach herself though. I think that the only people that can learn programming are self-motivated folks. This has nothing to do with being male or female like most of the spergs here seem to think.

Teach *me* programming and I'll be your new gf.

>I proposed

She'll dropout after the first fucking lesson.

Females were the original programmers, bro.

This but unironically. I see this user has been in relationships before.

Holy shit what a fucking faggot.

Sorry chief; but that's seriouly unlikely to work unless your "gf" has a dick she'll get bored of it and start to hate herself for it. Women will 99.99% of the time hate programming. It's just not how they think.

depends on what kind of programming you intend to teach her
if you go for the obvious choice for an intro language, which is either C or Ada, then you can expect her to lose interest after barely explaining general data structures and types
if you go for some low test language like javascript or python you can probably expect her to lose interest after explaining libraries or meme lambda shit
so yeah, expect her to lose interest

okyoudenseniggerfaggot

I taught my girlfriend to do a fizzbuzz in ruby, and while she's not capable of doing anything else, that still makes her better than ~50% of the CS wannabe interns that applied at my company.

women can be smart
you just need to use variables like babies or sandwiches instead of n or x

Do you have any striped socks in her size, or do you have to order some?

umad bro?

Attached: Sena_laugh_smug.gif (400x471, 289K)