I've been thinking about buying a VPN

I've been thinking about buying a VPN.

What is the Jow Forums approved VPN service?

Attached: tunnelbear-logo.png (350x350, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlykey.io/pages/how-it-works
blog.windscribe.com/port-forwarding-static-ips-and-lies-bcf427fdb283
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hide my ass

Mullvad cash in mail if your serious, if you just need to visit blocked sites without bothering about privacy use free ones like vpn book

Attached: value_valentine.png (3960x2800, 153K)

Just google for already raided VPNs.
If the servers got confiscated and no logs were found, it's a good sign, they really keep no logs.

And remember:
VPNs are for privacy. Tor is for anonymity.

An idea:
> rent out the cheapest VPS you can find in some third world shithole)
> setup OpenVPN
> redirect logs to /dev/null
What could go wrong?

i'm not even trolling, i'm genuinely curious what the drawbacks are.

Attached: 1546125132538.jpg (628x502, 27K)

There was one VPN, who tried this.
It turned out that the datacenter was keeping logs and backups of every VPS.
In the end the user got busted, even when the VPN didn't keep logs.

You need to buy a server with dedicated hardware, not just a VPS.
And you also need to pay anonymously, if you are the only one, who uses the VPS and especially if you are the only one who connects to the server directly, the datacenter can easily log this and identify you.

okay, so if I understood correctly, the privacy comes from the fact that multiple users share the same connection, so the traffic cannot be attributed to any of them in particular. What I posted makes no sense then. Thanks for clarification.

Not that shit. Here is the list.

Cryptostorm, Mullvad, and AirVPN.

If you just want it to download torrents I recomend put.io or bitport.io.

Only cloud storage I can recomend is Pcloud with user side encryption. You can get a 2tb permanent lifetime account for $350.

I use Protonmail for my email mostly because of the pgp native client and they aren't know to data mine your messages.

I use onlykey in combination with keepass/xc for password generation and mangement (all my passwords are at lease 32 characters long.)

I strongly recomend everyone getting a Onlykey. Opensource, supports 24 different profiles of static passwords or 2fa or pgp and tons more. onlykey.io/pages/how-it-works

It isn't really safe for hosting jihad john's painting guide but it is mostly ok for mostly lurking user shit.

Can you explain the difference not op but i never saw the need for any of this till I noticed how much targeted ads I was getting across all platforms

Please stop it with this stupid embarrassing VPN bullshit.

VPNs are untrustworthy businesses that need to make a profit. They would turn your logs over anyway to ensure their business continues unhindered. In relation to a threat.

Attached: 4236433.jpg (648x358, 38K)

You pajeets are really shilling your shitty browser today.

Attached: 3650044_0.jpg (630x630, 76K)

this, OnlyKey is great

Shut the fuck up. If you’re an US Fag your ISP probably sells your browsing history anyways, and if you’re unlucky inserts his own JS or some weird shit Carrier-Grade Cookies you can’t turn off.
If you’re an EU Fag like me the NSA + GCHQ spy on you cause you could be a terrorist and your ISP probably blocks sites to torrent shit or watch movies without paying.

A *trustworthy* VPN is great, and not every company sells your data.
If you don’t pay your VPN, you’re obviously the product, and if it’s only 1-2€ per month the same.

I can recommend perfect-privacy.com
They have an internal Adblocker on DNS level which you can turn on/off as you like.

There was 2 links here checked them
www.safelinkwireless.com
when I opened it, following message appeared:
and my internet went crazy, dropping me off constantly until hard reset

Web Page Blocked!
The page cannot be displayed. Please contact the administrator for additional information.

URL: www.safelinkwireless.com/

Client IP:
Attack ID:
Message ID:

>
>It isn't really safe for hosting jihad john's painting guide
Kek'd

Attached: 9B5210F3-701C-4708-AF85-6A24353D8F8A.jpg (297x297, 40K)

I asked u a question BITCH

This onlykey shit is a fucking meme lol. Onlykey will in no way stop a hacker from compromising your website accounts if your system is compromised. OP asked for vpn recommendations, not your autistic manual for maintaining an illusion of security

Anyway, OP, if you want security then buy a laptop with cash, secure your OS, spoof your Mac address, connect to an open wifi, launch a VM, launch an optional VPN paid for with cryptocurrency on your host and/or VM, and then route your traffic through Tor if it makes sense for what you're doing. This is actually how you stay anonymous and see secure. Mullvad, PIA, and Torguard are all good VPN providers

>buying "a VPN"
go plug in "a USB"

The glow in the darks on HN recommend NordVPN
So I'd stay far away from NordVPN
NordVPN seems sketchy as hell
NordVPN
NordVPN, that name sounds like you're getting the pirate bay of VPN
But there's no evidence it has anything to do with Nords
Don't use NordVPN
Orange site bad

Almost every site lists ExpressVPN as the best service. Have any of you tried it? What's the verdict?

host your own nigger

Nord VPN is one of the worst VPNs you can get
Even windscribe tears into them here and there
blog.windscribe.com/port-forwarding-static-ips-and-lies-bcf427fdb283

>doesn't understand what 2fa and totp
Fuck off and keep using lasspass you stupid dunce.

More like log my ass

Ok but I'm in Koreea and need to access sites bit the https trick doesnt work anymore. VPN is tue only way I'm aware of.

ExpressVPN. Is this worth getting or not?

Every time this thread is posted it is the same answer.
Everything besides OpenVPN on a trusted, non-botnet VPS, is a botnet and should not be used.

mail is paper trail user

jesus christ

Somebody please answer.

>I use Protonmail
LMAO REKT YOURSELF NEWFAG

Better then Google/Yahoo (directly jacked into PRISM/AdSense AI.) Also I want a native pgp client if need be.

If I ever need to communicate illegal shit I would just use OTR from McDonald's WiFi.

Attached: 1549918671857.jpg (808x960, 49K)

>Better then Google/Yahoo (directly jacked into PRISM/AdSense AI.) Also I want a native pgp client if need be.

I hate this mentality. It does not matter whatsoever which email provider you use. Use whatever email provider you want, if nsa are giving away free @nsa.gov email addresses, use one for the lulz. The important thing is that YOU, ENCRYPT your emails. Ensure that you encrpyt any email which contains private shit, and ensure that YOU actually do it on your machine using keys that you actually control and not some web or proprietary client. Next understand that the metadata of your emails is basically public knowledge. Emails between different email servers are sent plaintext 80% of the time, and the 20% of the time they are encrypted, they are opportunistically encrypted, meaning no key verification is done, so an active attacker can MITM anyway.

Anyways important points are:
> ENCRYPT emails on YOUR MACHINE with YOUR KEYS using FREE SOFTWARE
>Understand that email is not a secure method of communication, and treat all unencrypted emails and metadata as public knowledge, there is no escaping the botnet in these cases, regardless of how secure your email provider is.
>Feel free to use all the botnet email providers you like, because it makes literally no difference

Just buy a 3 years nordvpn subscription if you want the best vpn for the cheapest price.

Why nordvpn?
>no logs
>not in the usa or any other log country where everything is logged
>most servers
>every country
>the cheapest
>a lot of options no other vpn has
>you can watch Netflix in every country
>unblocking Chinese internet
>has everything every other competitor has
>the fastest vpn (don't trust torguard shills who reduce they download speed to 1 mb to meme bullshit)

But the biggest reason why nordvpn is the best vpn is because there is nothing against the vpn. Imagine that all other vpns try to smear nordvpn everyday and lying like shit, but they don't have anything against nordvpn.

For example every US vpn is logging everything because of the law, but they are allowed to lie that they log nothing. So US vpns are a no go. Just don't use a vpn at all if you don't care about logs.

The only other vpn which isn't either a lying US log vpn or a shit vpn is expressvpn. But nordvpn has everything expressvpn has but is cheaper.

In the end if you don't care about logs, just don't use a vpn. A vpn has a lot of disadvantages, which are only worth it if you live in a shit tier internet country or if you really want to dodge geo restrictions or use open wifi.