/spg/ - Smartphone General

Xiaomi Mi9 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 68418ffbgy1g05wqaslwvj21iq1xt4qp6763709226475940620.jpg (1970x2107, 646K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SnazzyQ/status/1090055245818847232
dropbox.com/sh/hc7txr3vbxqm0kv/AADw6LtyRbcdVVVeehJnsNDga?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=Zxtw0VijKZI
youtube.com/watch?v=0j-zUutbjMM
bestbuy.com/site/google/google-pixel-3/pcmcat1537476543972.c?id=pcmcat1537476543972
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/help/laggy-s9-t3898095
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/901353-my-galaxy-s9-already-stuttering-declining-performace.html
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/review/screen-time-t3746282
global.redmagic.gg/pages/mars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any good ROMs for a Redmi 5 plus?

I'm literally gonna buy a Poco and a Note 9 and compare the gcam pics with it, then you shitskins would stfu forever. The camera sucks ass, especially in low light. Night sight is more like night shite

Would you rather:

1) Spend ≥$500 on a "flagship"
>overkill specs
>use for at least 2.5 years

OR

2) Spend good enough specs
>itch for an upgrade after ~1 year of use

Discuss

Can confirm, the Poco's camera sucks ass on any camera app

>itch for an upgrade after ~1 year of use
zoomer detected
the only reason you'd want a fagship is if you want the camera that comes with it
an SD636 cheap phone will run smoothly for years

Imagine being this butthurt that a phone that costs 1/3 as much as yours takes as good photos

3)
>buy a flagship phone with overkill specs
>still get itch for upgrade after 1 year

Why these random cut-off points of one and two and a half years of use?

Here's a photo comparison with Pocophone /w GCam vs. Pixel 3 XL. The majority of people who answered the poll thought the photo by Pocophone looked better:
twitter.com/SnazzyQ/status/1090055245818847232

>inb4 waah waah twitter compresses the images
Here's the original uncompressed photos:
dropbox.com/sh/hc7txr3vbxqm0kv/AADw6LtyRbcdVVVeehJnsNDga?dl=0

Attached: UYDQVgfQ.jpg (3024x4032, 1.44M)

Attached: tiLOWfRk.jpg (3024x4032, 1.4M)

Any shitphone can take good photos in bright daylight
show me low light comparison pics or pics where the lighting isn't adequate.
Also, most phones flop hard when it comes to taking photos of animals. They just fuck the fur up, makes it look blurry.

Plus the front camera on the Poco is absolute garbage, same for the OP6T.

Don't forget to use Gcam. Oh yeah, and let's not use Google's most advanced post-processing camera app, that would mean that you don't have to buy a $1000 smartphone to have good camera performance.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zxtw0VijKZI
youtube.com/watch?v=0j-zUutbjMM
Oh nooo, such shite, it produces better results - pure shite.

>Plus the front camera on the Poco is absolute garbage, same for the OP6T.
Sure thing, I'm sure you'll easily find comparisons of those and with Gcam. Also, no one on Jow Forums really cares about front camera performance.

What if I bought a great phone for

Attached: 1521092271688.png (1248x1920, 1.57M)

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

I've only bought midrangers and they last me 3 years
Especially now that midrangers have specs that can compete with past-gen flagships on everything except the camera department

I think I need a new phone. Have a ZTE Blade A512 with android 6.0.1 bug that causes the phone to not accept editing of APN. So I am stuck with only being able to use the one SIM card that was in it at the time of update to 6.0.1
So it's a shit phone.
Plus I just got word from the repair shop that my HTC U11 LIFE has "mechanical damage" to the screen, I don't know if that means they dropped it or something, but they will only fix it for 350 USD, which is as much as I payed for the damn phone a year ago. So I opted to have it returned to me for 50$, hope it is still usable. But I have a feeling that I need to get a new phone.

based phone technology fan poster

I did that with a $150 Xiaomeme phone + $30-40 microSD card and it worked fine.

It's really just the camera sensor that's not as good as on higher end phones, and even that doesn't matter since I prefer actual cameras whenever possible.

Anyway I am a poor fat i got the s9 in England, £23 a month I get data texts and calls. Is there any reason I should not return it and pay £33 a month and get the s9 plus which at the end of the contract will come to around £125 more. I will be keeping my phone for as long as 3 years until I upgrade thanks. Would prefer some genuine feedback since it would save me a lot of hassle not having to go through the returns process

>2) Spend

Attached: pajeet.jpg (1024x1024, 526K)

> android 6.0.1 bug
Can't you just flash a newer ROM?

> they will only fix it for 350 USD
Now that is ridiculous, I bet China asks like $30 for a replacement screen if even that?

> I think I need a new phone.
If that's still necessary, I personally would get a Redmi Note again.

>Flash new ROM
Can't unlock bootloader on ZTE Blade A512. ZTE jewed me good.

>Redmi Note
Thanks, I'll check it out

I looked, Ali seems to have replacements for $20, if I got the model right.

Why don't you just try to replace the screen assembly yourself? The only thing you need to prepare for is that shipping to most places isn't fast unless you pay extra for express.

If I have to like scrape glue with a heatgun for hours I can't be bothered.

Buy a screen+digitizer assembly (which I'd recommend) rather than just a screen.

If you do that, you usually don't have much glue to heat up, if any at all.

Puke inducing camera m8

Attached: Untitled.jpg (507x625, 70K)

Ok thanks for the tip :-)

can I get some advice for this please

Bought the Huawei Mate20 instead of a iPhone.
How bad got I chinked?

>didn't get the Note 9
you got super chinked.

I have an S7 edge (G935A) that's becoming unusable with sluggishness and shitty battery life, getting worse with each samsung update. I'm wondering if there's any way to salvage the phone (rooting it to remove bloatware, or using some other tool to fuck with the software) or if I should just look into buying a new phone? This model isn't listed as compatible with lineageOS or I'd be attempting to install that. I'm not very Jow Forums I just lurk here sometimes and I'd like to get away from google when / if I get a new device.

Attached: 1545968736649.png (960x640, 973K)

forgot to include: USA // at&t. I think verizon gets good coverage in my area too so I'd be willing to switch

Any way of using smart lock with MIUI?

I have a Mi Max 2 (which honestly they might as well put it on the EOL list at this point) and the fucking treatment it's getting is miserable. I could use an AOSP ROM but besides being slow performers they still have a bug or two that are never solved unless I'm willing to stick with Nougat. Smart lock appears to be available on MIUI but I don't know how the fuck to tell the thing to work proper. I always have to input my pin anyways, I would guess because it doesn't know what a MIUI lockscreen is and only works with whatever google uses.

The front camera is literally better than the Pixel 3 since it actually manages to blur the whole background

Attached: f473344c-35b0-4480-a184-d47a5a16e31d.png (2666x1500, 3.53M)

>s9
big mistake, it'll become laggy and unusable in a year. get a Oneplus 6T or Pocophone.

>Any way of using smart lock with MIUI?
AFAIK it didn't work with MIUI's security, no.

As you said use a custom ROM if you want the conventional botnet remote control.

why would it be laggy or unusable in a year? Why not get a s9 plus?

Get the Pixel 3 while it's $450 off at Best Buy. Just FYI, you need to be on Verizon the full 2 years to get the whole discount.
bestbuy.com/site/google/google-pixel-3/pcmcat1537476543972.c?id=pcmcat1537476543972

Aight. More than remote control, I just wanted the thing to unlock when I'm at home, that's all. There's a double tap to wake up screen feature but to me that shit is useless if I have to double tap and input the fucking pin everytime.

The shitty bloated software and "feature" updates slow it down over time until it's just unbearably laggy and slow. Happens with ever Samsung phone, getting the S9+ won't make any difference.

You literally just made that up with no backing whatsoever didn't you

My mom's been using a J7 since 2015, it's still just as good and fast. stfu Xian

All I want is a notchfree flagship phone with stock android, why is that so much to ask for
I don't even give a fuck about the jack or expandable memory

see all the posts about S7's and S8's becoming slow and laggy after a year or two.

>J7 since 2015
false, it was never good or fast in the first place

is this true mate? I just got a s9 and was hoping to have it for 3 years and that guy really just bummed me out

Yeah, just use it and see for yourself.
sure it's got shit specs but it's no slouch, my Xperia XZ went to shit after 2 years while that J7's still going smooth, no lag or crashes or any issues.

Google Pickle 3?

It's already happening, many such cases!:
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/help/laggy-s9-t3898095
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/901353-my-galaxy-s9-already-stuttering-declining-performace.html

Trips confirm it, Samshitters btfo!

Option C
>use phone primarily for internet, specs don't really matter beyond that
>get a fuckhuge battery
>last 5+ years
My iPhone lasted me until this year's January before I decided to upgrade.

It costs a ton.

*iPhone 5S, specifically.

>Problem is that my dad said if anything happens to my phone then he wont do anything about it. Thing is that I have not damaged it or anything like that :/
kek
those SoT pics are horrifying, how come these premium phones have such shit battery life?

Aim for the one with custom ROM support.
>I don't even give a fuck about the jack or expandable memory
Not very wise. OS itself takes more space on flagship devices.

you wanted a flagship though?

>I have the s9 on Verizon and I have noticed the battery is much worse after the new update. I only have 2 hr and 16 min screen on time and the battery is down to 20 percent remaining. is this normal?
Jesus lol, even the Snapdragon Samshit phones are pozzed

Fine since everyone is shitting on the s9 what is the best flagship phone to buy

>notchfree flagship phone with stock android
Google Pixel 2, 2 XL, 3
Every Sony flagship
Oneplus 5/5T
Nokia 8, 8 Sirocco and the upcoming Nokia 9
Moto Z2 Force, Z3

The redpilled answer is to buy a cheap phone instead. Don't pay over 300 quid for one
get the Zenfone Max Pro M1, it's dirt cheap and ebin. Battery lasts you ages too

I want a flagship phone

Hardware is a meme when it comes to phones
for regular use, not counting bidio gaymes, something with an SD636/4gb RAM is perfectly good, just as good as SD845 and 10gb RAM like that 6T chinkphone edition
don't pozz yourself, get a cheap phone, tech has come a long way now. I was this close to buying an S9+, then I manned up and did the right thing.

>Bottom speaker started fucking up on Axon 7
>Sent off, got it repaired under warranty in about a week
>They swapped out mainboard, speaker
>Now the battery suddenly has half its charge power and shuts down with ~15% left.

Fuck. Only 18 months old and it's falling apart.

Is it worth sending it off once again or should I just look into something new? I don't feel like fucking around with heat guns and replacing it myself.

Attached: There are no Monsters here hey wait look over there.png (492x439, 12K)

Should I just keep my s9 I already have then?

>Is it worth sending it off once again
yeah, have them replace the battery and see if it starts working again

>3500 mAh
Into the trash it goes

Yeah, unless it's got shit performance. What's the SoT?

4)
>Buy flagship with overkill specs
>Itch for an upgrade after 2 months of use because some chink brand came up with a new gimmick

no idea. how do I check?

How much for a brand new Pocophone F1 that my girlfriend's cousin is selling because he accidentally bought two?

I want to have a better deal than buying it myself but I also don't want to be the guy ripping off my girlfriend's cousin.

T.Slav

Attached: 1543024857364.jpg (2268x4032, 564K)

I wanted this too, so I bought a Mi Mix 2S and flashed LineageOS. It's the first phone I've owned where LineageOS just werks, including all hardware features and with no random reboots or FCs.

Settings, then battery
pic related is what I get with my $150 phone.

Attached: s usage.jpg (481x523, 25K)

I'll check if they'll do another so soon. Guess i'll throw stock on it and see if I can lock the bootloader without it exploding.

>he accidentally bought two?
why not just return one of them back to the store?

This is what I have with 4k display and full brightness

How can I test SOT, my s9 just shows estimated 19 hours with full 4k on and full brightness etc

>S9
>4K
retard

He bought it on Aliexpress and he wants to sell it, 250 or lower?

Attached: 1504323840624.jpg (724x724, 139K)

ebin!!!

How could you be this clueless?

Attached: sot.jpg (498x1024, 42K)

Shit costume and shit ass
did she oil it?

s9 doesn't show it that way you faggot

thanks

it's literally a screenshot taken on a S9
forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9/review/screen-time-t3746282

How does it not, it's a screenshot from the S9 section on XDA?

Do you even own the phone or are you trolling?

Attached: Screenshot_20190215-125629_Device care.jpg (1440x2960, 443K)

here

>poor
>contract cuck
Why am I not surprised?

Buy a cheap SIM-free phone like a Moto G6 and get a cheap monthly SIM that meets your needs. If even the cheapest monthly SIM is still pricey for how little you use it (because you're a friendless NEET who only texts his mum once in a while, never makes calls, and barely uses any data because he barely goes out) then look into a Pay As You Go SIM - 3 and O2 have good ones.

Use that cheap phone and cheap SIM while you work on improving your life until you are not poor any more.

WOW! You managed to finally take a screenshot, good job.

press battery usage

why would i do that when I could spend an extra £10 and get a flagship phone? Also please stop projecting onto me

Attached: Screenshot_20190215-134855_Settings.jpg (1080x2220, 221K)

>screen
there's your SoT, now use the phone as normal until the battery is almost empty and then post results

I have decided to just stick with my s9 cant be assed going through the returns process to re order a s9 plus or a google pixel 3 or one 6T etc

oh god i want to kiss her oily butt
who is this slut?

Is this the best Pocophone alternative for burgers?
>SD845 w/ liquid cooling
>6GB/64GB UFS 2.1 for base model
>No notch 6" 2160x1080 LCD
>3800 mah battery
>Android 9.0 Pie
>mappable shoulder buttons for games
>headphone jack
>under $400
>US LTE BAND SUPPORT
global.redmagic.gg/pages/mars

Attached: Nubia-Red-Magic-Mars-6-0-Inch-6GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-790122-.jpg (1000x1000, 124K)