Is this better than K&R C Programming Language? It has fractal like plant on cover, seems cool

is this better than K&R C Programming Language? It has fractal like plant on cover, seems cool

Attached: linux programming interface.jpg (266x190, 11K)

?????

Attached: 1548361383307.jpg (293x326, 10K)

>comparing an API programming book with a "language basics" book
Please never ever write a single line of code.

do you read the books or just look at the covers

but what if API is itself language, like Linux is written in C, and if you want to program C you must use libraries that are part of the Linux? Then those things are interchangable

I like to stare at book's covers and guess what's inside but I never get to read them because of laziness.

C needs libc, its nothing related to Linux. or Unix.

what do you mean by "binding"?

The pages wren't held together well enough

Which one should i learn if i want to make little, useful embedded machines? For example own smart house, septic tank remover, or growing box for planting?

lol ok, irrelevant for digital copy I guess

Made me laugh, have some (You)s

>the linux programming interface
Jesus christ

Just learn C

I have K&R C on my desk.

It's a little book that has a few exercises at the end of every chapter. The book is little because the language is little. On the other hand, I have never read The Linux Programming Interface but as the name implies it teaches the Linux interface, not C itself.

Brainlet meme is my favorite meme.

Attached: 1516395939061.png (800x800, 84K)

pick a microcontroller or pi and learn the interface for it

I'm reading K&R and, for example, it asks you to compute the maximum value of various signed / unsigned types. Now I can do this, but for a beginner how are they supposed to know about bitwise operations? The book never discussed them before.

A better comparison for this would be Windows System Internals.

Using this book for my system's programming class right now. It's a good book. Doesn't cover the same material as K&R as this is more concerned with the Linux API than C itself.

the plants look like baby ferns, called fiddleheads because of their appearance. they're quite good when sauteed. we usually go innawoods in the spring to look for fiddleheads and morel mushrooms.

Attached: 704da75b776aef5a5374000190cd1913--fiddlehead-recipes-ostrich-fern.jpg (400x410, 42K)

In that situation you're probably not using hardware that has enough power to run a full Linux kernel so a Linux API book will be useless