Products that changed everything in their category

Pic related came out in 2009 and I'd still buy it now, post game changer products.

Attached: CC800DW-800D_001.png (607x800, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGm1vUmGPDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

(it doesn't have to be bait just because you get triggered, you know)

Attached: 104556364-original-iPhone.600x337.jpg (600x337, 16K)

I'm not triggered, it did show us what we can expect in a phone, high end phones were ugly and cumbersome, I hate it, but it's the reason my $200 android phone is so good and does everything I need.

Newfag.

Attached: 1-1080.394690062.jpg (1280x960, 76K)

Complete with mid 2000s waifu decals.

Attached: 8800GTX.jpg (2000x916, 768K)

Yeah I don't see cases still using front doors unless it's a meme silent case and those are ded anyway.

Cases don't seem to have anything at the front anymore, aside from RGB fans behind tempered glass maybe. It's not about whether you'd still buy it, it's about how much it dominated the market at the time.

I miss the stupid cgi characters in tech tbqh

>how much it dominated the market at the time
That's one way of seeing it, but I like to see if a design stands the test of time and if we still use aspects of it, and the corsair 800D is timeless as fuck, when you compare it to the cases of old without cable management, without a black interior, without grommets, without the emphasis on being tool free, it's almost as if they didn't know how to make cases before.

Two cases I've never heard of. How young are you fags?
I don't have any pictures of old Lian Li cases, but they changed the game.

>He hasn't heard of the 800D
I'm just a 23 year old boi, and I know about the 800D, if i'm young than I must be surrounded by boomerbois.

Now there aren't any niche phones. Because even though its a good phone for nerds it's a tad sluggish with bad thermals so it's bad at games and bloated social media applications. It loaded the verge website slower than the galaxy that came out in the same year so the phone reviewers thought it was hot dogshit

They took a risk, it was a good risk, but it flopped so bad nobody wants to try weird form factors. A shame. Sliders rule

>it unironically restored my faith in humanity

Attached: computahs.jpg (1600x900, 119K)

You are young. Anyone who's ever been at a LAN party in the mid 2000s WILL remember the CS601. That case was fucking everywhere at the time. Excellent cooling performance in a time when computer power grew a lot but most case manufacturers didn't get the memo yet.

Fug I guess I am a zoomboom.

Attached: 1550034320962.png (381x353, 38K)

So I looked it up.
*shrug* glad you like your $300 case. My point stands, Lian Li changed the game because they were among the first to overcharge nerds for computer cases.

>Lian Li changed the game because they were among the first to overcharge nerds for computer cases
Well they're still relevant these days, I know Corsair is a meme brand but the 800D brought so much to the table, every case was playing catch up to it, which is the whole point of revolutionizing something.

Here's an example, the $79 Carbide 300R, extremely cheap, looks great, airflow is great, tool free case, cable management is good all because the 800D brought these things way back in 09.

It's how a product can change everything around it, user.

Attached: CC-9011014-WW-300R_03.png (800x1000, 334K)

this is the only apple product I've wanted since 2010

Should I grab this one? I was thinking of grabbing a case that was good for thermals and wasn't pricey. I have a shoddy sharkoon case where I can't even install more than two fans.

Had a 8800GTS 640 and it was a beast. Crysis almost ran with playable fps at max. settings.

If you can find it around that price, I highly recommend it, it's discontinued because of the RGB meme.

I fucking suck at pc building and was able to get a nicely cable managed thing going.

Attached: IMG_0084.jpg (4032x3024, 2.28M)

You'd buy that over a HAF? Pleb.

I have this case.
It's perfect

screw your SSD to the tray you twat

haha, i know what you mean. I had a radeon, can't remember which, and it had some redhead CGI anime character on it.

>internal optical drive bays
>in 2019

Attached: 17law1.jpg (400x404, 52K)

Oh, you bought into that "no optical drives" meme too?

How is it a meme?

Yes I'm fucking lazy, I'll get the screw later.

This people just don't realize you can adapt it to a 3.5 inch bay and put SD card readers or hard drives in there.

300R is a straight up cool case, it's like a baby 750D.

You're sacrificing expansion because muh closed front panel.

hot swap HDD bays you fucking retard

No I don't have a closed front panel pc, that design sucks. It's just that I don't see a need for optical drives now.

I built my first PC in 2010, bought a DVD drive and never ended up bothering to install it. It's still sitting unused in a bin 9 years later. I can count the number of times I've needed to burn a disc in the last 5 years on one hand, and that was still edge case shit like burning PS1 games. What the fuck do you use your optical drive for?
No optical drives =/= No 5.25" bays

>Yes I'm fucking lazy, I'll get the screw later
Meant for

I rarely ever use optical media anymore so I have an external DVD drive stored away to take out and use whenever the rare blue moon occasion that I need it pops up.

Ever since I started using USB flash drives for OS installs and bootable LiveUSBs, pretty much anything I need a DVD drive for has been pretty much all but completely replaced. Games, movies, music, software? My connection is fast enough that I can download those from the internet.

The last time I remember using a DVD drive for was a Windows 10 disc I burned a couple of years ago and that was because the flash drive I wanted to use at the time was too small.

Attached: 31kDYdo2y0L.jpg (400x400, 12K)

I haven't used an ODD since 2014 but I still want my case o have 5.25 inch bays so I can hot swap 1TB bare drives for storage because they're so cheap.

>I miss
>stupid

Fucking zoomers

think is a nice case

Attached: best-MiniITX-MicroATX-case-ever2.jpg (700x6480, 2.94M)

>meme silent case and those are ded anyway
Spotted the numale with a blinking gaymer case.

that was some nice MSI branding, all without that fucking gaymer shit
>not using 3x5.25 to 4x3.5" /5x3.5" HDD

Guess again.

Attached: 300R.jpg (2021x2213, 1.04M)

Pic related came out in 1976 and Id still buy it now.

Attached: Zilog_Z80.jpg (588x324, 16K)

I came back to say that I found it! it was the Radeon X1900XT

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 512K)

Aww man Ruby was the shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGm1vUmGPDo

Attached: 1406171551918.jpg (257x224, 10K)

fucking liberal

I actually have that case right here. It's shit. Fucking ridiculously huge and heavy, breaks my back trying to pull it out from under my desk. Terrible airflow. Had to mod it and cut a hole in the top to fit a proper radiator when I used watercooling. A while back the power switch on it died. The window is shitty plastic that's covered in spaghetti slime now over the years, and any attempts to clean it just left the window foggy and fucked up.

I don't understand this trend. How are you supposed to use front bay things nowadays then? DVD drives, card readers, Aquaeros, etc.?

Who uses that shit
I have a card reader in the I/O panel.

> Not having hot-swap HDD bays.

Don't need em. I use an SSD and I have several external HDDs for storage.

Media dashboards, control for fans, multiple USB ports, HDD switches, etc..

There's a lot of cool accesories to mount on 5.25 bays

Attached: 5-25-Drive-bay.jpg (640x640, 100K)

Never had one of these where the audio wasn't trash.

My motherboard has six USB ports, it's all I'll ever need. That's a lot of useless accessories for the most part, I got hwmonitor for temps, a DAC for sound and a fan controller for the fans.

a hdd rack, you mong

I mean, I use a front bay for Blu-Rays and to install physical copies of video games.

I don't use internal HDDs, grandpa. I removed the HDD cage from my HAF and my temps improved by 10 degrees, seems they were pozzing the airflow intake from the front.

>Gets BTFO by rebranded 9600GSO or newer 9600GT with half bus width.
It was a cuck time for nvidia.

What’s with the autistic scribbling?

I'd rub that ruby if you know what i mean.

Zoomerfags btfo

Attached: 3452FF9F-2DC0-4329-BC49-7A5C845B549F.jpg (2280x1664, 1.22M)

How do I use my floppy disks if the case has no front bays?

HAF912.
212 EVO.
WD Blue.
850 EVO.
Noctua fans.

I have the first 3
absolutely based choices.

This thing absolutely destroyed everything that was good about the interwebs.

> t. phoneposter.

>ugly window
>ugly "minimialism"
>ugly brushed metal
>looks like a kitchen appliance

based Z80 poster...especially the white ceramic gold version...fuck those black plastic ones

>The Z80 was conceived by Federico Faggin in late 1974
lol fag

>i need muh epic rainbow lights and watercooling

>looks like a kitchen appliance
Why is that bad? it won't show its age, my stainless steel fridge from years ago still looks modern.

That's a complete 180 from what I want

Attached: 11-352-101-V37.jpg (1280x960, 147K)

Attached: Commodore-64-Computer-FL.jpg (4600x2600, 2.99M)

>post game changer products

Attached: 1536462835270.webm (960x540, 2.51M)

That's an inconveniently sized credit card.

Attached: CMOS-image-sensor.jpg (1000x750, 439K)

Zoomers don't believe in physical media anymore. Everything is preinstalled, automatically updates, gets streamed or comes from the cloud.

Attached: 1536526989297.gif (652x562, 626K)