Want to learn the crazy world of web development

should I just focus on this stack and be relevant for the next 30 years?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-16 08-00-53.png (729x443, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mariadb.org/
aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-flipflop/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this stack actually makes sense and current trends in web development are a fucking travesty.

>sqlite
uwot

seriously? out of everything, this is what grabbed your attention?

pretty sure he's srs too

only one of those things doesn't handle multiple connections well

Use Postgres or MySQL, don’t use sql lite

>MySQL
>not MariaDB
Cringe and Oraclepilled
mariadb.org/

I am too stupid to learn C

Sqlite is fine for 99% of websites and even some user generated content sites where your db writes don't exceed 20 times a second, even then you could still use compiled statements and write your own queue and load balancing system rather than letting sqlite do everything.

Learn Python everyone is using it and its easier to catch on.
I mean its not the best but it should get you started.

Attached: wallhaven-67005.jpg (1955x982, 321K)

or throw some nginx in there

is this that stupid C CGI garbage meme from a few years ago? CGI, especially one using C, is garbage. vertx on a jvm could kick this shitty stack's ass

How is httpd compared against other servers? currently using warp

i pronounce it as "in jinx" on purpose

nginks

nig-in-x

If you only want to work for autistic poor people then sure. otherwise learn python react and postgress

I wonder what the performance of that is and how difficult the syntax is

No, you should focus on the Windows, IIS, MSSQL, ASP.NET stack.

It's fine.

It supports unlimited readers, but only one writer at a time. You can have multiple writers, but writes are just sequential across the whole database. This is enforced using write locks and can really destroy performance on a write-heavy load. But what is "write heavy"? Around 100 writes per second for sanely designed tables on decent hardware. This is more than fine for most use cases actually. You can always insert a cache if you need to do lots of small but not terribly important writes.

Not necessary for many applications. You shouldn't jump to a heavy dbe out the gate.

Yeah. Don't ever write webshit in C. You are asking for a slow and painful slog, and a security nightmare of an unmaintainable final product.

No to Windows, IIS, and MSSQL, but yes to ASP.NET Core. That shit is comfy and fast.

>ASP.NET without the rest of the Billy G bundle

Yep. The whole dotnet core platform is open source and fully cross platform as of like three years ago, and asp core is unironically good. Dotnet core runtime and sdk is in apt/rpm/yum even. Linux is a first class development/hosting platform and even has the best performance. Whatever ms is doing with their dotnet team (probably giving them money and leaving them the fuck alone), it's working.

SQLite has the most based and redpilled CoC, which means that it should be used in every project out there.

>signals
wew, have fun with that.

i wonder how easy it would be to write a web interface for PF using this stack

>An operating system nobody uses, the most unsafe, most unproductive language that you'll also have to re-compile for every single change during development served as fucking CGI, which is slow as fuck, a good web server(phew. At least one good thing) and a fucking local file database misused as a normal database management system.

Enjoy being irrelevant now and forever.

>that you'll also have to re-compile for every single change during development
C compilers are pretty damn fast, and you won't have to recompile every source file, just the ones that you changed. Your other points are valid, but C compilation times are not even a thing to give a fuck about.

>re-compile for every single change during development
if your webapp takes long enough to compile for that to be noticable at all, it's probably shit

I was always confused how are the python web stack or such supposed to work

I still want to maintain the gateway and TLS proxy with nginx
nginx is supposed to communicate with the python program
but why do the python web servers don't use FastCGI? they either have some python's in-house CGI protocol or straight out its own web server

unironically BCHS is the only web stack I was capable of understanding on every level of stack

>looking to hire BCHS developers?
lmao

it can use fastcgi
aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-flipflop/

You can use CGI. Personally I like uWSGI, it’s fast and easy to configure

I'm a web dev. Learn Python + Django or Flask. Ruby is trending downwards in my freelance work, python is picking up.

Also learn these stupid fucking JS frameworks. I hate them but literally EVERY new company coming out is using them for whatever fucking reason

just learn node, postgres and mongo and pick one front page meme and you are set for everything

What about
BSD+Python3+nginx+sqllite

I think it’s pretty comfy. Flask/Django for the heavy record keeping stuff, plain python for simple apps

Also just serve a static directory and some pure JSON requests and let the frontend handle the rest