The dealth of flash is the worst thing for the internet

remember 2004-6 user, when we had super cool edgy cutting edge websites that lived and breathed and now all we have are these SEO compliant, static pages.
what the fuck went wrong.

Attached: adobeflash.jpg (196x189, 4K)

Fuck off, Adobe shill. Flash was always a piece of shit.

all the programmers of adobe flash should be made to dig their own mass grave. when the digging is done, they're shot in the head and pushed into the pit. anyone that survived the bullet to the brain will not survive being buried alive. i think my scenario would be the best for humanity.

>worst thing for the internet
only for the web, you big dumb browserbaby
the rest of the internet is fine as usual

flash is trash, but yeah I had a good time designing full flash sites

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>Remember the clunky custerfuck with constant security issues
Yes.

I can't imagine how slow a full flash site would be.

The fuck? Do you have any idea how happily the world rejoiced when flash-raped webpages disappeared?

>load website
>autoplaying flash animations
>autoplaying sounds and video
>instead of using basic HTML and CSS for everything, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LINK is hidden behind an elaborate flash-based UI
>Every fucking webpage needing to employ said flash animations in order to showcase some of the tackiest and ill-informed of mid 2000's Web 2.0 design trends
>"Please download Flash to view this site"
And in some particularly ghastly cases
>"You need shockwave to view this site"
>for a fucking menu containing simple hyperlinks

It's been over 10 years since I last browsed such a site yet the memories still make me explode with fury. Fuck, I'm not even sure why you reminded me of that shit period of web design, now my night is actually ruined.

>remember 2004-6 user, when we had super cool edgy cutting edge websites that lived and breathed
My man, end yourself. I mean it.

Attached: 1450730222356.png (680x501, 449K)

what are you 12? They weren't that bad. Well, maybe they were, but the internet was also just way slower

flash was shitty, but HTML5 turned out to be shit as well

The only good thing about Flash was the massive explosion of free games. As a kid I could wander this universe entire days

Flash is bloat

I'm glad lazy Flash developers are out of work and living on the streets now

thank god i didn't study flash back then.

26. But also didn't get dsl until maybe like 10 years ago

kek, haven't seen a thread on Jow Forums in which OP was so immediately and unanimously BTFO.

These. Flash was its own level of hell and I really don't understand how anyone remembers it fondly.

Yet no one is calling for the death of javascript. Ironic, that.

Attached: 1549949953074.png (240x192, 59K)

super deep throat made flash worth it

>Adobe shill
Even Adobe has killed Flash player, so they can focus on milking money with their other subscription services, instead of maintaining a standard no one actually cares about anymore.

HTML5 (or just "HTML" as they're calling it now) is fine. You can make games on par with any flash game, but now you're lacking many of the abstractions that Flash brought along, and thus have to build up things. It took a while for any decent libraries to come out, and lazy Flash devs never bothered learning anything new.

Plenty of people, myself included, hope that JavaScript will die out within the next generation or so. It's just that so many web devs have acquired a case of Stockholm syndrome so serious that they've convinced themselves it's amazingly perfect and should be brought into every aspect of their workflow and life.

The trips of truth. I guess. Maybe.

yeah, no love for javascript on this board either, you dense fucking faggot.

>Even Adobe has killed Flash player
what the fucking fuck are you talking about? even adobe? for fucks sake. they developed it, they ended it. people would still use this fucking cancer if adobe didn't end support of it.
>but now you're lacking many of the abstractions that Flash brought along
what abstractions? please, give details.

Macromedia developed it, not Adobe you fucking zoomer.

> he thinks macromedia still exists
aww. how adorable.. and fucking retarded. whos been developing it since adobe took over macromedia then, faggot? was it microsoft? maybe it was apple? have you been downloading MACROMEDIA FLASHPLAYER? maybe you should fucking kill yourself for being such a dribbling spastic? that'd be great.

adobe could've OpenSourced flash and maybe it would be accepted to the major web browsers and its' messy source code refined!

However, Adobe decided to keep it as a proprietary piece of shit and kill it rather than opensource, because they are greedy scum and that Flash was probably infested with backdoors and deliberate security holes

TLDR: good riddance because Flash is a proprietary closed source crap

I never said Macromedia still exists. You said "Adobe developed it and ended it." Adobe ended it but they didn't develop it, Macromedia did until they got bought by Adobe. You fucking Muslim nigger

remba all those cool flash menus and custom load screens

people where so creative with them

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

>(((static))) pages
I think you meant pages with more javascript than actual content

Anyone remember 2advanced Studios? They were flash gods

>they developed it, they ended it. people would still use this fucking cancer if adobe didn't end support of it.
user, what the fuck are you on about?
>what abstractions?
I'm talking about how Flash is first and foremost an animation program (still is), meaning that it already had abstractions for dealing with objects and their animations, and you could develop a whole game or movie from within their graphical program.
Doing something like that just targeting HTML/JS would mean using different unrelated tools to create your graphics, making code to time your animations and manage where everything is, and so on. There wasn't just some unified application to handle this, that Flash devs could easily move to.

Of course, now there's a whole host of HTML/JS game engines, but I hardly hear much about browser games these days. The culture has just moved on, and that's probably also a big part of why Flash just quietly died off.

It was straight cancer, but it was a simpler time

Java applets were the real shit

> HTML5 (or just "HTML" as they're calling it now) is fine
it's not fine. It's inconsistent af.

double dubs confirm! Stallman is love, Stallman is life

Being positively nostalgic about Flash is like your grandpa yearning for the return of Polio. Maybe there is something else associated with Flash that you happily remember (all the highly interactive webpages and the cheeky web design) but Flash itself is something that needs to be entombed eternally.

Admit it. You designed a site with flash, and lived it. You felt like you were making a Lamborghini tier website. You didn't even give a shit about the exploits at the time.

The death of flash is one of the greatest crimes, ever. I considers its death to be worse than the combined crimes of ISIS. HTML5 has ruined the internet and is leagues more annoying than flash ever was. The death of flash has basically killed amateur game dev, HTML+JS is complete garbage for that. And of course we have lost the animations, such a rich culture destroyed by all you haters of flash. I would kill you all if I could, you all deserve to die.

Anyone remember 2advanced?

You can still do a lot of cool shit with what we have now. You're not constrained to the current design paradigms you know.

Remember hating flash?

Now we have flash in javascript.

I choose death.

This

Fucking this.
Is there any good html5 game anyway?

>block annoying flash ads
>easily done

>block html5hite
>oops

>The dealth of flash is the worst thing for the internet
you spelled java applets wrong. oh and death.

Attached: 1550255095418.jpg (560x386, 39K)

HTML5 now can do all the cool shit flash use to do, the problem is normies who use the mobile internet and devs catering to them.

normie mobile fags are the majority and responsible to why most websites are generic.

What was the difference between Shockwave and Flash?

should prob. fact check this, but AFAIK 'Flash' started life as Shockwave - think there was also a 'Splash' (Shockwave Pla-yer) at one (mid?) point. Something like that anyway. You also used to get 'Director' files, which was like Flash, Combat Tank version, but the file format was slightly different, for reasons.

shockwave was more for application use, while flash was more for animations
i think most of the differences are internal, i've seen plenty of crossover as far as their intended use goes (i've seen plenty of flash-based games, which shockwave is supposed to be used for.. though i suppose i haven't seen any plain animations done in shockwave)

>all those cool flash menus and custom load screens
>people where so creative with them
mental illness

about the same speed as the full javascript sites we have now. the only thing that changed was the ease at which you can disable foreign code from running on your box. we were better off with flash, honestly.

Flash is shit, but I miss .swf animations and games.

Attached: 1516718539537.jpg (390x530, 55K)

pown.it. good times

i only miss seeing a .swf file and internally saying the word "swif"

fuck off

The web at that time was cancer. It may not have been as bloated, but it was cancer.

Attached: baitisan.jpg (680x510, 59K)