I store my pgp/crypto keys in plaintext on 5.25" floppies

I store my pgp/crypto keys in plaintext on 5.25" floppies.
nobody would steal a floppy disk.
nobody could read a floppy disk.

Attached: Floppy_disk_2009_G1[1].jpg (3500x1700, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why not use a usb stick

people steal usb sticks.
everyone can read a usb stick.
obscurity is the best security.

Quite clever actually. Why would you advertise it though?

First one EC5274 SS/SD
U3OM
...Some russian stuff.

Second one
Boedem
Floppy disk
5,25 HD,DS

3rd one
BASF
2hd
somethign extra index write enable write protect.

There I read them dipshit

What are the bit error rates on these formats? You might get a corrupt char or two, then you fucked boooiyee.
lol do a zfs mirror vdev across a few 5-1/4 disks

>still have a 5.25" drive lying around
>still have a 3.5" USB double speed drive
>even have a USB interface Zip Drive

invite me over to your place senpai

Attached: 3bdb8471.jpg (1164x1500, 166K)

I have crippling depression and need other people to validate my cleverness.

>nobody could read a floppy disk
Still in use by US military

cringe but redpilled
Go walk for ten minutes everyday.
If it's raining, bring an umbrella.
If it's cold, bring a coat.
If it's hot, go in shorts.
If it's easy, go further.
If you need to do something on that day, do it when you're not going on your daily walk.
If you honestly exercised on that day, then go play some games or eat something you like or have fun, you've earned it.

It's ИЗOT (IZOT) and they're bulgarian

Enjoy your floppy disks dying in 6 months

>not storing them on i2c EPROMs
Pleb

Don't copy. Don't copy that floppy.
youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

>Not using an encrypted punched card

if you access your floppies for your gpg keys then you must have a floppy drive on your PC, therefore, if someone barged into your house to steal your gpg keys and noticed floppies about and a floppy drive mounted in your case, then they're going to think to steal your floppies, no?

Cool stuff, I had a similar idea a while ago.
Instead of using floppies I wanted to use cassette tapes to store the data digitally. There is a program called KCS, which does exactly that. It basically let's you create sound files from text files.

Why the fuck Earth chan wears NASA sign? NASA are losers who can't even fly to the moon.

>nobody could read a floppy disk.
haha neither will you after reading them few times

I was thinking of buying a bulk of cheap sd cards like 2gb or 4gb and filling the with ////good// files and just leaving in random locations so people can find them, maybe leave a few where people I know could find them, I wonder what their reactions would be...

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

As a kid I had one 5'' floppy and kept all my data there. It never failed until I lost it.

This is fine for >= 5" disks...wouldn't take the chance with 3.5" disks. It's too easy to buy a usb drive. Maybe it would be okay if they weren't IBM formatted.

With floppies, you always have a backup disk. These things fail left and right, especially the newer ones.

Just use plain old 360k format without all that double space shit and it's super durable.

3.5" disks are generally shit but almost all 5.25" disks I have from the 80's are still good. the ones that don't work have a visible crust of mold on them.

Attached: i_hug_that_feel.png (500x461, 42K)

A USB stick is much harder to damage than a floppy. It's a matter of being able to read your data back or risking losing it.

I'm stuck on the last step, how do you have fun when nothing seems interesting and video games trigger intense derealization?