Why I cant get network intrrfaces to show up? Why net-setup doesn't work?

Why I cant get network intrrfaces to show up? Why net-setup doesn't work?

Attached: 2019-02-16 14.26.38.jpg (3000x4000, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/System#Automatically_start_networking_at_boot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did you add '/etc/init.d/net.whateverthefuckyourinterfaceis' to start automatically?

wifi or lan?

Yes, I think so

Is it that:
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/System#Automatically_start_networking_at_boot

Wifi

Go through the handbook again just in case and check if you missed anything.

I'm no expert but check your kernel config, might be something wrong there since they're not showing up at all.

Yes

>I'm no expert but check your kernel config, might be something wrong there since they're not showing up at all.
I suspect this

type ifconfig -a to see if they're really not detected at all

DISREGARD THIS I SUCK COCKS

sit0 wasn't named that way

Attached: 2019-02-16 14.42.29.jpg (3000x4000, 1.45M)

You don't care about that one, the first interface needs to be set up

Do ifconfig -a and if you still don't see it then you probably didn't enable support for the correct network card in your kernel and/or you didn't install its firmware if it is required. If you did enable the correct card in your kernel, check dmesg for errors related to that card and it will usually tell you what firmware package to install.

You need to install the OS using the ethernet network, then install the WiFi drivers.
There's no other way, maybe someone else knows a solution....

not him but I always install gentoo using wpa_supplicant. no need to use ethernet

no driver

In the chroot enviroment set0 is called "wlp1s0" WTF?

How do I install "net-setup"?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-16 15-20-37.png (682x699, 218K)

just give up

It doesn't exist on Gentoo you mong. See for your solution

Try lspci.

>you probably didn't enable support for the correct network card in your kernel and/or you didn't install its firmware if it is required
that's the live cd, you dumbass
>See for your solution
it's not a solution to anything

you don't; connect to the internet from Mint copy the /etc/resolv.conf to chroot /etc and proceed from there
although you may wish to consider , you're clearly too retarded for this

t. has never installed Gentoo
/etc/resolv.conf is for DNS settings and has nothing to do with why his network interface isn't available. Also OP's screenshot is definitely not the LiveCD because the login banner is the stock Gentoo one. Try answering questions you actually know shit about next time

Try ip link set enp2s0 up
If you have the correct driver it should show up in lspci -k | less

whatever nerd

Look in dmesg --color=always | less -R for problems.

There's nothing wrong with being wrong user but there's no need to be a stuck-up little bitch about it