Would you pay the plus for 144Hz¿? Even if you aren't a hardcore gammer

Would you pay the plus for 144Hz¿? Even if you aren't a hardcore gammer

Attached: dellvsasus.jpg (1627x1152, 237K)

Those stats are too incomplete.
Brightness? Color gamut? Contrast ratio?

>implying manufactures will report these accurately

>Brightness?

Both 350 cd/㎡

>Color gamut?

Asus: 100 % (sRGB)
Dell: sRGB 99%

>Contrast ratio?
1000: 1 both

>sRGB
Any halfway decent monitor should be hitting 100% sRGB.
That's useless. What's the Adobe RGB coverage? P3? Literally anything other than sRGB?

Dell have the 99% :S

Asus master race

144hz makes my head hurt so no

Both are overpriced

The first time i had a 144hz monitor I noticed it too, but after two weeks I get used to and no more head hurt...

If you've ever used a 120/144hz monitor, you could never go back to 60hz. Even surfing the web or moving the cursor around at 60hz makes me feel sick after I've used a 144hz monitor. It's worth it, you'll notice the difference in all your games, even slow paced RTS ones.

What would you buy?

Yes.

144hz is beneficial even for non competitive games. Every game benefits from the smoother experience of high frame rates.
I would get a 144hz TN panel over a 60hz IPS if you don't do any work requiring 100% color acuracy.

>using a Jewish flat monitor when you can use a goy CRT monitor

None.
The Dell is a nice joke, 470€ for a 60Hz 1440p monitor is bullshit is a nice joke, IPS or not.

As for the Asus, if you compare to other 1440p 144Hz monitors, you'll realize you're paying a 150€ IPS tax. Also, according to Asus website, the monitor is 4ms, not 1ms, and it's even measured at over 7ms in reviews...

I had a TN panel and i don't want to stay in front of any other TN panel the rest of my life.

You should absolutely get the 144hz monitor and run it at 120hz, even if you're not a gaymer
>120hz can play back 24, 30, and 60hz content
>smoother UI which is noticable
>less motion blurring due to slower pixel response of the Dell
Just spend the extra bit and get a much better monitor.

>The Dell is a nice joke,

Which one would you choose before the Dell?

Dual MG279Q would be glorious.

I had a 24" TN 144Hz 1080p but I sold it and bought a 27" IPS 1440p 60HZ Benq monitor.

The colors are good, but the downgrade to 60Hz mixed with high lag of this monitors, It's what is making me thinking on go back to 144Hz, or buy a 60Hz monitor but with lower lag.

t. TNfag

Should have bought an XB271HU, you get IPS and 144hz both. It's absolutely perfect. Input lag isn't shit either.

>IPS tax
go away poorfag, keep your subhuman opinions to yourself.
Ignore him, get the Dell U2715H, it's 380 euro or something.

>XB271HU

It's 580€ here, a little bit more expensive than the Asus.

Different client sectors. UltraSharps are for people who use their PC mainly for work and gaming on the side. 144Hz/1ms/free-sync/any other meme monitors are for people who use exclusively their rigs for gaymen.

So I would buy the monitor that fits my needs.

That's funny, usually the Acer one is cheaper than the Asus one everywhere.
Everyone says that until they get a taste of 144hz
shitposting is so much smoother now

I have a Dell s2719dgf and the colors are about as good as my Acer IPS display. Not every TN is a cheap shit 6-bit panel.
1440p 60hz IPS displays can be had as low as $200 with a good sale. I would never spend any more than $300 for those specs.
Converted to burger bucks that Dell in the OP is over $500.

I want a CRT. i miss them

>I have a Dell s2719dgf and the colors are about as good as my Acer IPS display.

Attached: doubt.png (2847x1412, 1.94M)

>Ignore him, get the Dell U2715H, it's 380 euro or something.
This. Buy the Dell IPS that has the contras tof a modern TN panel

Personally? Probably. I've been running dual 24" 1080p Dell IPS 60Hz displays for a while now and my next upgrade would be a 1440p 144Hz display, were I looking to move up.
I'm not though.

144hz is good, but it's like 320kbps mp3 vs 128kbps
Once you hear the 320, it doesn't make the song really any better, it just makes the 128 sound like shit
Once you try 144hz you can never go back but it doesn't improve your overall experience by that much unless you're playing something like quake, csgo, etc. competitively

Bught this one recently

>costs only 200
>really amazing 31.5" IPS panel
>Perfect PPI ratio (no shitty scaling needed because is same as 1080P on 24")
>FreeSync up to 75Hz
>Low Inputlag
>looks professional, no gamershit

First I was turned off because no VESA and not much options like PIVOT. But now that I got it, I noticed I actually don't need it. The monitor is so big, it does't make much sense to put it lower or higher. At least for me it stands perfect. Perhaps for other people this may be different.

Attached: Q3279VWFD8.jpg (700x501, 36K)

hz can play back 24, 30, and 60hz content
What about 29.97 and 59.94 Hz standard NTSC content?

Speeding up the video playback by 0.001% isn't going to cause any noticeable playback errors. If you're really worried about it you should be using a TV, like that content was designed for.

>1440p 60hz IPS displays can be had as low as $200 with a good sale.

I have a Benq 1440p 60Hz IPS that i bought for about 250€ and it's pretty shitty.

This or SED
Fuck we actually could have SEDs right now...

Careful with the shitty cheap IPS screens. They often have so much backlight bleed that they make you wish for TN.

Nope. Vertical resolution and contrast - that's pretty much all I care about. So I'd pay much extra for a 4K VA panel with a 16:10 aspect ratio.

+1

I have both screens, the MG279Q has higher contrast ratio measured, almost 1200:1.
The colors however are worse on the MG279Q, even if I try to tune both to be accurate, the screen is also slightly less bright even though both claim 350cd/m2.

Why 144? 100 would be more than enough.

The color isn't quite as good as on a good LG IPS panel or samsung PLS panel Dell usually use on their higher end models. I still use the 2nd 60hz screen for browsing and it really doesn't make a big difference unless you gayme.
dumb question

What about the input lag in the Dell? I doesn't expect to be as good as the Asus but, it's "afforable"?

>Why 144? 100 would be more than enough.

Could you suggest some?

lol I dunno. manufacturers just went with that specific number, maybe someone can explain if there is some reason in the technology for those panels to be 144hz, I'm a total brainlet in this.

The input lag is acceptable. unsure what you're planning to use it for, hopefully not gaymen.

Because better response times, because 120 is an even multiple of the common media framerates, and because 144 are commonly available and can be used at 120. 240 would also be a fine choice for the same reasons, but those cost more.

No, I'm not planning on using it for gayming, maybe ocasional but it isn't the primary use.

The thing is that actually i have a shitty Benq GW2765HT that have a pretty high input lag and I would like to know if with the dell i'll notice an inprovement in this field.

Attached: gw2765ht_u2715h.jpg (1362x204, 86K)

>The color isn't quite as good as on a good LG IPS

I'm reading about the LG 27" IPS monitors, there are 4K at the same price that 1440p Dell Ultrasharp, interesting.

With that small of a price difference it's worth the smooth desktop experience alone

Those mainstream Dells are nothing special anymore, Ultrasharps are basically on par with other gaymen monitors nowadays

It all depends. It would obviously be terrible for any fast paced online games, however it's definitely acceptable for playing comfy singleplayer.
Personally I don't think you'll feel much of an improvement just from input lag.

>VA panel with a 16:10 aspect ratio
Is there a singe one?

Back to the colors between the Dell and the Asus, would you sacrifice the color and brightness difference for the higher Hz or would you buy the Dell if you have to pick one?

I mean, the difference in color and brightness is very noticeable? or can you ignore and bet on the Asus for a smoother experience? I'm not going to use the monitor to playing mostly, I would like the monitor to have a good color accuracy, but if the difference is not too much in the image, it might be interesting to go for the 144hz.

Definitely get the Asus one mate, 144hz is a dream come true. You will notice it immediately, even browsing the net feels smooth as FUCK. Really not memeing here.

Plus they're both IPS panels, you're not sacrificing anything really on the visuals front

Are you a professional who needs absolute color accuracy and can distinguish between 2 shitty panels?
Probably not if you're asking here, get the 144hz.

The price tag on that dell is highway robbery. 470 euro for a basic 27" 60hz monitor, fuck outta here. Even if Dell had the slightest advantage in color reproduction, it'd be so minimal you would barely notice them side by side.

Legit, lol at not buying a 1440p 144hz IPS panel
They're both IPS, anything else is redundant. Now IPS vs TN, the difference is night and day.

I'm the guy with both and I'd definitely go for the ANUS as the difference in color is by no means big but you'll love the low input lag and 144hz.

you'll burn your eyes out if you put either at max brightness by the way, so brightness will play a minor role. the difference is also marginal between both, I really tried hard spotting differences there.

>They're both IPS ...
Are you implying there aren't any quality differences between IPS panels?!

>1ms IPS
doubt

my fault, it's 4ms

Literally name one. One good monitor with the following. 1440p, IPS, 1ms, 144hz and gsync

Attached: 1549786348476.jpg (700x649, 100K)

Name even one good LCD monitor...

Barely any at this price range, you'd have to pay quite a lot more than just 500e for a major improvement in display quality. Even then it's questionable if you ever needed it unless you know what you're doing.

Most of the monitors on the market are the same 2-3 panels and the major differences are bezels and stands.

Isn't gsync dead?

IPS 240Hz when?

>IPS 240Hz 4k HDR enabled
"That would be 47 000 dollars sir"

144Hz is noticeable even on desktop.
Even mundane shit like moving windows around or scrolling in a browser looks smoother and more responsive.
Still, if you're not gaming 144Hz is probably overkill. I'd look for something 75-100Hz preferably with adaptive sync to avoid jitter when watching movies.

1ms is a meme, give it time, IPS will get there
until then, use TN since you're so insufferable

this
AOC 1080p TN panel in my thinkpad had genuinely better black level than my old cheap ass LG IPS234
I switched to VA because of that

>giving a shit about response times
literally any monitor on the market today is fast enough, especially if it's even remotely gaming-oriented
what matters more is input lag
stop falling for memes

Attached: 795.png (853x480, 404K)

But only thing buyable today is a meme.
Hope mLED will save us all.

And you forgot the most important thing : it isn't above 400$

Anime is not produced to 144Hz so no

I did pay a hefty premium for a G-Sync IPS 1440p 165hz monitor. I know about the shitty nVidia tax, and it sucks, but I don't regret it at all.

I keep trying Dell monitors and every single one I've tried has fucked colors as opposed to ASUS.

Attached: cozy.jpg (3226x1814, 1.78M)

144hz is like an expensive wine, meaning that 95% of the extra price is pretentious make believe bullshit

I wouldn't pay plus for 144Hz, but Asus is arguably a more reputable company than Dell.
So idk, I never buy anything new, always buy everything used so =...

>I never buy anything new
Why'

>Asus is arguably a more reputable company than Dell

Attached: 1546233378604.gif (500x480, 1017K)

>people who haven't used a hfr monitor actually believe this
lol

idk what to tell you man, it's a problem at your end
ever tried an Ultrasharp? They look great.
It's not a meme, honest to god.

It's not a problem when I got a better monitor that I'm happy with in the end.

What I do regret is buying a 1080 instead of a 1080ti, I just didn't foresee myself getting into anything more than 60hz. Fucking idiot past me.

Once you go 144hz it's very hard to even look at a 60hz screen. I bought my first 144hz panel in 2015 and haven't even considered going back. The next phase for me would be 4k144hz

>144 1ms
Yes
>1440p
No

No I would much rather go 60hz/4k if not gaming.

I own a 144hz monitor. It's like fine, expensive wine. Every pretentious faggot swears there's a huge difference, and yet 95% can't tell white wine and red wine apart from each other in a blind test

Whatz a good cheap monitor ?

should i get the 240hz Alienware monitor? Ninja uses one. i found it for 380 eurobucks.

>aren't a hardcore gamer
Well, that's kind of the purpose of the high refresh monitor. Do you care if you have ~7 milliseconds of input latency? Do you play any classic FPS games like Quake? Can you even render 144 FPS? If you have to ask, then the monitor probably isn't for you. Get a 75Hz freesync monitor or something, because chances are you won't be able to perceive or appreciate the difference(s) and will save your money for other things.

>ninja uses one
So? He would play well on a 60Hz screen too. Because the best equipment in the world won't make you good at (certain) games. Do you really think world champions owe their success to their hardware? Not really. They understand the game in and out and have great reaction time, great intuition etc. Good hardware may help them expand their skill just a little, but the overwhelming majority of it isn't hardware related.

I’d pay for 144hz even for casual browsing. It’s so smooth.

>1ms ips

i have the same panel but the viewsonic version. its goat in all honesty, but i wouldnt reccomend 32 inches to most people as you certainly need the deskspace for it

I need anew one too. What do you recommend? Don’t have a budget but my Shitty old BenQ 1080p TN 60Hz was enough suffering over the last 6 years.

I gayme and do a lot of cad stuff.

The Alienware 21:9 ips 144hz gsync one?

1440p

it looks good and is decent cheap

If all 144hz monitors didn't look fucking gay, but like the other one instead, yes

No, get the XB271HU. Do your research, it's the best of the lot due to having the slimmest bezels. The stand looks garish but fortunately you can swap it out.