At what age did you grow out of Linux, Jow Forums?

At what age did you grow out of Linux, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1548873302941.jpg (1125x1416, 122K)

I love Kat's big eyes and flat chest

>grow out

Nice bait but
is this the whore behind that tiktok meme?

hello y hru

CHATBOT THREAD

yes, she's a real masterpiece

When I got a job and realized I need windows

Linux is the most popular kernel in the world. I still use it, though I have to use Unix for work.

What kind of job requires Windows?

Installed hackintosh

win server admin

I use embedded Linux every day at work.

Gross. Why would anyone run Windows on a server?

I'm not a big fan of Windows, but... Active Directory?

to get paid

Why? Active Directory doesn't do anything unique.
But you have to pay for it.

big corporations and universities pay for it, I just do my work and get paid well. Of course this is something linuxfags dream about.

Linux is just a kernel.

Old shitty applications that still run on IE and look like they are from the 1990s

too old. when i realized

>uses win10 not gnu
>uses kvirc not irssi
>uses foobar2k not cmus
>uses java/python/javascript not c/c++/assembly
>uses task manager not ps -aux/kill
>uses windows file search not find
>uses notepad++ not vim
>uses mpc/madvr not mpv
>uses native steam not pci passthrough
>automated updates instead of dist-upgrade
>no pc bugs/issues not fixing shit all the time
>never bothered for using windows not getting killed for creating void
>blatant mainstream botnet not secret systemd extra evil botnet
>fitgirl-repacks not crappy linux indie games

so comfy

since when java/python/js are windows exclusive?

its the ideology.

well-featured and stable vs hobbyism, minimalism, and bleeding edge unstable cancer

>>uses task manager not ps -aux/kill
I wish windows had something like the magic sysrq key

/thread

Attached: 1540695679582.png (1050x768, 102K)

>>fitgirl-repacks not crappy linux indie games
The only reason I maintain a shitty Windows machine. Fucking around in Wine takes longer than completing the game.

Erm, I think you mean GNU-Linux, ok sweaty? and the answer is "never"

>Well-featured is Windows exclusive
>"""""stable"""""

>"bleeding edge unstable cancer"
literally just pick the stable branch

One where the software only has Windows builds
I had a job where we used a ton of Touchdesigner so everyone had PC's
Nowadays they offer an OSX version but we're all still on Windows

i wish it was simple as that.

windows automated updates dont break your system unless you have oddball config

linux updates are manual and much more often than windows need manual fixing, with a chance of apt-hell.

not from my experience sadly

idk i consider them semi-automatic
I've had pretty good luck with Debian and SUSE/slack distros

debian 6 worked on my machine, but debian 7 wouldn't

point is if you can't fix shit then linux is not for you, but if you can't fix shit you can still use win10, at most watch a youtube video about how to reformat. even the reformat process is easier

Yes

Attached: hit or miss trap comic.jpg (1200x2043, 304K)

Any job that involves computers

Except anything that is in the least bit technical, of course.

Attached: all of them padme.jpg (563x843, 229K)

Was this around the time you started drinking onions?

Most IT and net tech jobs involving computers...

There are still a metric shit tonne of windows servers what the fuck are you talking about? Everyone is still primarily on 2012 r2

source

>There are still a metric shit tonne of windows servers
None where such a thing actually matters.
>Most IT and net tech jobs involving computers...
In my experience it is far more common for Windows to be banned than encouraged.

>None where such a thing actually matters.
this sentence does not make any sense in response to what I said. If you're trying to say there are no windows servers running any services that actually matter, you would be wrong and obviously don't work in the industry.

21. Towards the end of getting my degree and working enough in the field to realize Linux isn't taken very seriously in any real applications of PC and workstation usage.

Your local accountancy firm doesn't matter, kid. You don't work in the industry. You work a meaningless job that provides nothing of worth.

Nice projection retard. This isn't an argument of whether or not I like windows. It is simply a fucking fact that many large companies across the world are running many services from Windows, there is no fucking debate, its just true.

Nothing actually matters.

Source your claim, then. Because no one who matters uses Windows Server.

When I figured out there was nothing Linux offered that I couldn't do on Windows better. Around 19 years old or so. I guess they never miss huh?

Attached: 1549322008653.png (1000x494, 368K)

Im ashamed I know a guy who does shit like this.

My source is I work for a cloud provider and know what all these companies use. What's you're source that they aren't using it? also
>no one who matters
who do you see as mattering?

Microsoft does.

Bottom-right corner

>who do you see as mattering?
Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Amazon.

>ashamed to know a guy who traps it up
What are you, gay? Have him dress up for you and sink it balls deep in that boi pucci you faggot.

Attached: 1522581928705.png (756x754, 570K)

I think windows is gaining ground in the server space. Not as much independent developers innovating anymore.

I worked for a place that virtualized windows for the non-tech people. For the tech/server side they ran Unix, Linux(Debian), and windows. Mainly Linux and windows though. They had some good tech, contrary to the typically all windows places some of my peers seem to prefer (and complain about constantly).

A school ran windows / linux. Another school ran all apple.

>no one matters but the top 5 companies on the planet
brb going to power off all windows servers on the planet, i'm sure everything will be fine, none of these companies are doing anything nearly as important as social media and search engines. You are a colossal retard, don't reply to me again.

Hell no.

>Used to be a wide reciever for football team with a cute cheerleader girlfriend
>gets introduced to anime
>starts cosplaying his favorite male characters at a convention
>gets bored of it
>starts to cosplay his favorite girl characters
>starts to do poses
>starts letting fans touch him by the hips
>next thing you know one convention after returning from a panel me and some friends walk in on my cosplaying friend getting fucked in the ass by two dudes in our hotel room

The fucking smell of semen and sweat in that room was foul and nasty. Never again.

Your local school network isn't important. You don't know the industry.

>Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter
>mattering
Unironically kill yourself.

What are you actually arguing? That mid sized businesses don't run Windows?

>mid sized
Meaningless.
Kid.

DELET DELET DELET REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please kill yourself you retarded social media loving faggot

Stupid kid. You don't even know what those companies do.

sounds hot to me. I swing both ways though so there's that. Your friend sounds like a standard case of closeted gay

As a main OS? 18 I think.

>f-facebook is c-changing the world
lmao

Learn to quote properly, newfag.

There it is

Yep, you're a dumbass.

>Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter,

t. not in the industry

Why exactly do you think these Jewish mega corps matter?

moderating boomer facebook posts to sell ads isn't a real job twitterista

Attached: 1548787284770.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

Stay on your containment board.

Yep, you're retarded.

a blowjob
lol

when i was really young (12-15) i was super into Jow Forums and Jow Forums counter culture, its a phase really ; trying to be edgy and making fun of people for doing something in a non-retarded manner

Why exactly do you think these mega corps matter?

Look up what they actually do.

Nice answer you fucking spastic

just finally got out my shit Linux desktop phase as well
Just using Windows 10 and a ton of VMware machines in Unity mode and I regret not doing it sooner

So you are too stupid to even know the very basics of what these companies do, yet you call me a spastic for not spoon feeding your retarded ass?

t. named the biggest 5 tech companies he could think of when asked what matters and is now stuck pretending they are doing something world changing in order to save embarrassment of being a social media obsessed retard

>world changing
Why are you obsessing over this idea? You said it. Just a shitty strawman from someone who admitted to knowing nothing. Neck yourself, tard.

>can't produce any details
>shits out the spoodfeed excuse
everytime

Why are people who admit to being retards with no knowledge of the industry act so smug? Go back to /b/.

So we devolved into flinging insults instead of offering good points? Classic Linux users finding a comparison thread: IF YOU DON'T USE IT YOUR DUMB! Okay, why would a smart person use it? I can afford to buy an OS. Why use free shit I have to manually get working off and on- Time that I could be using to do coding and other work... The coding and other work being the stuff Linux 'sells' itself on...
Now asuming that anyone here know's how a conversation works they can offer up a contradiction to my point!

By Linux do you mean Android or ChromeOS?

I have the exact same question for you.

That wouldn't make sense.

It's really weird how this board attracts the most retarded people on the internet, and without fail they act all superior while spouting the dumbest shit possible

So you don't even think these social media corps are doing anything world changing? Why the fuck do you think they matter then? I am literally willing to hear you out.
Reminder this started because you asked who would possibly run windows and you didn't like the answer, you've forced the argument into this corner because it was an easy alternative to being wrong to start pretending that no company matters bar these 5 because of some reason you won't say.

What do you even mean by "world changing"?

Went to FreeBSD

social media was a mistake

I'm using it as a generic term for whatever this huge thing is that these 5 companies are doing that make then matter. When you tell me what they're doing other than social media and search engines we'll know.

*hugs*

>I'm using it as a generic term
No you aren't.
>When you tell me what they're doing other than social media and search engines we'll know.
God you're retarded. Why are you even on this board?