Ask anyone for help with any linux tool anywhere
"Just read the man pages user"
Man page for curl alone is 3500 lines long

Attached: fuuuuuuck.png (100x100, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/woman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bawwwwww reading
Jesus fucking shit, kid. Did you fail English class or did you cheat so you wouldn't have to read a book?

Yeah you don't have to actually READ it all, faggot, just quickly skim through it until something vaguely relating to what you're trying to catches the corner of your eye.

search man by hitting /term
or man -k manterm

Just search the man page.

>wants to understand a concept
>refuses to actually learn about it
Zoomers, everyone.

>what is apropos
>what is /foo
>what is grep
>what is vim
Vim is unironically the best man reader
:help :Man
:runtime ftplugin/man.vim
:Man curl

Enjoy

>E492: Not an editor command: Man curl

Run these commands first
:help :Man
:runtime ftplugin/man.vim

simply $ man curl | col -b | view -c 'setf man' -

Does this allow navigation between man pages with clicking or CTRL-] and going back in history with CTRL-I like :Man in Vim does?

Read the man page user

>
>man page
am I the only one who seriously hates this term? it's patriarchal as fuck

Use emacs then.
gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/woman/

man curl TLDR:

options can go before/after URL
-s (silent)
-v (verbose)
-X [GET,POST,PUT, ...]
-u (user:password)
-D (data as filename or as string)
-A (user agent)

you won't ever need more I think
-X -D is enough to do most of the tasks

You guys can joke about OP all you want but asking for help with Linux is a god damn obstacle course
Users on Linux forums are some of the biggest spergs I've ever seen. I've never used them but I need to browse through threads now and then and sometimes it's just fucking stunning.
You have people fucking screaming at the top of their lungs that they won't help you because you didn't say "hello" and "please", and then if you don't post three years worth of logs they say "Listen, help vampire. I'm not going to play twenty questions with you. READ. THE. LINKS" and then he links you to the wiki.

Attached: 54694.png (53x80, 8K)

Are you expecting to be spoonfed I please realize that the only good skill is the ability to be self teaching.

I tried to print out all the manpages on my system just to have them physically.
It came to over a million pages. What the fuck.

Then why are you shitposting here? Better get to start reading

>and they wonder when is year of desktop linux

if it were the woman page it'd be full of full of the writers feelings about their hair, and it'd crash

>A man page (short for manual page) is a form of software documentation usually found on a Unix or Unix-like operating system. Topics covered include computer programs (including library and system calls), formal standards and conventions, and even abstract concepts. A user may invoke a man page by issuing the man command.
fuck off polfag