NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Bench - Faster Than 1070 - $279

videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-oc-pictured-benchmark-leak-price-confirmed

Attached: NVIDIA-GTX-1660-Ti-FF-XV-result.png (974x745, 18K)

>same price as the 2060
>slower than the 2060
>gets beat by a fucking 980ti
so why bother buying this

>>same price as the 2060
2060 is $350.

>same price as the 2060
Nice job retard

>it costs $70 more but gives you more performance
and that's a good thing

what kind of retard bench is this?

Those are just the scores for the FF15 benchmark. It really doesn't tell anything

>FF15
ok. that's why it's so retarded.

looks like a synthetic benchmark

I bought my 1070 for $310 right before the mining meme. So I'd gimp my VRAM to get the same performance in some games at low resolutions for what is essentially the same price. This is not a good buy in any way, shape or form.

Happily content with my RX 580.

>before the mining meme.
that would be around 2014?

So get a used 1070 for $230, overclock it, and you have a faster GPU with more VRAM for less money.

March last year. Got in at the perfect time before prices skyrocketed.

>I got a pozzed 1070 with dying memory with no warranty hahaha I win!

this

just buy a used 1080 cucks

The chances of electronics dying are 10x less likely than the mechanical fan

>dying memory
Explain

Hey, i need your advice
I bought a rx580 8gb nitro+ recently for 200€, i also get two games if i register the card
I am thinking of returning it and getting a zotac 1060 6gb amp for the same price instead
What worries me the most about the amd card is this retarded, ugly GUI of the driver and it has a little bit of coil whine
The nvidia on the other hand has only 6gb of vram and the shitty gsync
What card would you get, they are quiet similar in terms of noise and temperatures, but i think nvidia has the betrer drivers overall

Just wait for Navi ...

Attached: ahhhhh noooooooooo.jpg (653x726, 95K)

1060 runs cooler and uses less power.

My 1060 has coil whine

Even a new 1070 is a better deal than this card.

What benchmark is this? Shits all fucked up and there's too much for me to even greentext without just saying everything.

I prefer a 2080Ti :)

The zotac and the sapphire are very similar in these terms, the nvidia runs even a bit warmer
Is the coil whine bad?
My sapphire has it only in some instances of load and by far not so bad as the xfx rx580 i had before

Coil whine all depends on pcb lottery. You either get it or you don't. If it bothers you that much RMA it.

>1660 Ti

worse than "Vega is Vega"

>Explain wear and tear

>5000 vs 4954
>0.93% after rounding
>Faster

Attached: 1503253159417.png (415x416, 6K)

Memory chips will outlast you as long as you aren't overheating it/melting the solder.

But mechanical parts like fans are another story.

>used GPU in 2019

It was a mining card, and miners destroy memory by OCing it and running it ragged with unending IO operations. Doesn't matter if the vcore is undervolted if your memory is put through the equivalent of 5 years of gaming in 1 year

I got a 1080ti, but some games when I play in 1440p ultra, I get like 40fps or 50.
Is it because of bad game optimization or is it because I got memed into buying a ryzen 1700 to go with it?

Attached: 88485.jpg (550x550, 35K)

>$300-400 for worse performance and less driver support
>better deal
if you're braindead maybe

>solder
>inside an IC
Wut

The traces degrade when you put current through them. All ICs are breaking down as you use it but as you increase voltage and current things degrade faster, and as we move towards smaller, denser processes they become more sensitive to electric and climate conditions

You can't destroy memory by overclocking it. The lifespan is affected when you overvolt it instead or undervolt.

I know for a fact that lower priced cards with good pcb tend to have more coil whine because the components they use are very efficient but at the dame time prone to coil whine
But this isn't the thing that disturbs me about these two cards, the thing that bothers me is the driver on the amd card, i sometimes get white noise when i reawake my monitor from sleeping mode, so i have to unplug the dvi cable every time and overall the nvidia cards tend to have the better drivers because everything runs better on nvidia cards in the first weeks of a game or Programm launch, also most of the video and picture editing software uses cuda
But the 1060 on the other hand, has only 6gb vram and the dead end gsync

If only there was a way to check CPU/GPU load and see the bottleneck.

I checked on a website and there's little bottleneck, but still

There isn't really a game that requieres extrem single core Performance, besides arma and sc2

I NEVER understood why people take synthetics seriously. Can someone give me a quick rundown?

Attached: image.jpg (711x1657, 175K)

You can use freesync on gsync cards now assuming your monitor supports it.

6gb vram is perfectly fine for 1080p. If you're trying to push more than that then get a better card .

Only if it has 75w sff versions

>for when constant 90+fps in 4k?
Maybe in the next generation?

Astroturfers doing marketing and fanboys rooting for their team

why did AMD even bother with HBM2? it still boggles my mind

>I checked on a website

Retard. Bottlenecks vary by application to application. You could be fine in something like TF2 but then bottleneck hard trying to play a MMO with 300 people on screen.

Lower latency for better VR experience but there's been little testing of how much it affects VR tho.

imo 580 8gb will age better, and you get two decent gaymes (re2 and division)

Ok that's nice, i don't have a gsync nor a freesync Monitor but i don't want to exclude products from intel, amd or even qualcomm just because of nvidias retarded proprietary adaptive sync system
I mean there are already games out there that fill 6gb of vram up, it just doesen't feel right, the nvidia feels extremly cut down and restricted
Yes i know that the rx580 will take the lead in the future and i know about the games, the only thing that bothers me is the drivers.
I just want a hassle free experience and i mean the rx580 already has this White noise bug.
Honestly i think if the nvidia wouldnt be so cut down i would take it instead

They have no choice. They're notoriously bad at designing GDDR memory controllers. Like 2x the power and lower (performance) efficiency than Nvidia's.

Their HBM controller is like 10W or something iirc, while an equivalent GDDR5 controller would be like 40W. Meanwhile nvidia has no issues with power on their GDDR5x controllers.

if you're worried about the drivers then prepare for the gimpworks. my 7970 that i had still worked perfectly on modern games. the 580 is a good call. actually you should return the 580 and try to get a vega56 or 590

>1% faster than a 2.5 year old card
Wow so amazing.
Now if it was $200 or less it might actually be worth it. Seeing as how 1070s regularly go for around $300 it does not seem so great.

>gimpworks
Only amd cards affected by this.

If you care about noise so much then go with the zotac amp. It's a no brainier.

>gimpworks
>a play on hairworks
>amd and not nvidia
fuck off

>$100 dollars more than the RX 580 for a shit ton more performance
Did NVidia BTFO AMD or did it simply occupy an unfilled niche? Not sure if it completely BTFOs the GTX 1060 either as it's a whole 60-70 dollars more.

>Not sure if it completely BTFOs the GTX 1060 either as it's a whole 60-70 dollars more.
The 1060 and 2060 were (((mysteriously))) left out of this bench

I don't have the money or better said i don't want to spend it on a vega56, the 590 is useless
The thing is, i also play some older games but idk how much amd sucks on these
Lol what, did anybody read what i posted prior. The zotac is on par with the sapphire nitro+ in terms of noise but is a little bit warmer

Help me choose plis

>tfw have 1060
>tfw still have to Wait for Navi™

Attached: 1535737935254.jpg (600x600, 37K)

Are you retarded? We know the performance relative to the 1070. It's going to be about 25% above the 1060

Yes I would like a graphics card which does 5000 units of performance at 2560x1440 resolution with high quality.

FFXV is a bad benchmark for a variety of reasons but one of the things I think it does well is measure relative performance between Nvidia cards, and that's really it. I still think gimping the VRAM is nickel and diming from Nvidia for more profit. Competition in any form can not come any sooner.

That TITAN RTX tho