Nvidia

What is the best choice in terms of manufacturer? MSI ? ASUS?

Attached: Capture.png (402x276, 55K)

xfx

BFG

I've gone with both "premium" brands and cheapo brands over the past 20 years. Never had any major issue with any particular brand. Some may have slighty better coolers which can slightly help performance, but it's up to you if the quickly diminishing returns are worth your money. Never had a GPU die on me no matter the temps/cooling.

Every manufacturer has different SKUs. It depends on which one suits you. Are you looking for a balls the walls overclocking version? Are you looking for a mini version to fit in a mini ITX build? Are you trying to get a reference blower because it's a closed off workstation? There is no absolute best, only "what's best for my needs".

EVGA has the best customer support.

Sapphi... Oh wait.

Fair, but when is the last time you ever needed customer support for a GPU?

when it fails

i use ASUS cards and had no issues.

When is the last time you've had a GPU fail?

As I said in another thread, Asus uses molded inductors which have the lowest chances of coil whine. That's enough to not consider another brand for me, though I suppose buying Nvidia has the perk of making EVGA an option as well.

>Being this stupid.
Shit happens user. Sometimes parts break within a warranty period by sheer bad luck and it helps to have good customer support. I had an evga psu that was on the fritz and the guy on the phone filled out my support ticket for me in like 2 second and already arranged to have a replacement set.

>Sometimes
Never happened to me

>I had an evga psu that was on the fritz
Perhaps if you had bought a better brand you wouldn't need customer service in the first place lmao

Literally never

What exactly can they do for you?
You either RMA the card or go through the retailer you purchased it from, it's not as if there are that many options for a warranty claim.

For me, it's Gigabyte

Sapphire

EVGA. They don't do stupid things like void the warranty just for taking off the cooler. It's a godsend if you want to clean it, if the thermal paste dries out, or if you want to use an aftermarket CLC or water block.

That said, you might also consider just buying the Founders Edition straight from Nvidia themselves. It's not the best cooler on the market, but Nvidia typically takes the best binned GPUs for themselves and Founders Editions therefore have a reputation for overclocking very well.

I got an ASUS gtx980 in 2015 and they let me redeem like 4 free games with just 1 card, shit was cash. I got MGSV, whatever assassins creed and batman game released that year and rise of the tomb raider. shit was cash. Think they fixed that with newer cards though

The current RTX promotion is either BFV or Anthem, both if you get a 2080.

Alienware
[spoiler] I am just kidding please do not get a steaming pile of shit as a computer[/spoiler]

Attached: alienware.jpg (1500x1500, 136K)

That was epic. Epic for the win!

Uh, Jow Forums, should I highlight the spoilered text? I don't want to ruin the surprise.

yes please do

I can tell you're gonna meltdown hard if you ever have to rma a part.

So this is what an $80 premium buys you, whoa

>oi vey goyim, buy our substandard parts for a high price, we've got you covered in case it doesn't make it past the warranty :^)

Sapphire rx580 nitro+ or zotac 1060 amp?

Imagine believing this kind of stupid shit. The only major difference between the cards is the cooling solution which will largely decide whether your card is loud or not and whether it runs at 60 or 80 celsius. Everything else is pure silicon lottery.

Do they still do that step-up program?

Sapphire

:^)

BioStar is the best Board Manufactuararing Company! ! ! I live India and it is Very Good! ! After Buying BioStar Board I Could Be Ultimate Pajeet And shit on Any Street I Want, Incredible capabilities! ! !

Get whatever you find cheaper.

Both cost 200€ i have the sapphire nitro + right now but i am considering returning it back because i hate the gui of the new amd driver and it also has rhis white noise monitor bug
The nvidia on the other hand has this crippled 6gb vram

Then get the 1060, 2 less GB won't change much and the card itself is even slighty more powerful.

Are you sure? Everywhere i checked the rx580 is overall the faster card

Yes, now stop posting in every fucking thread.

I've never understood what's wrong with reference cards. If you're going to spend more get the next tier up instead of a pimped out midrange card.