I have a fractal Design R6 with their default fans that come with it...

I have a fractal Design R6 with their default fans that come with it. Will I see any temperature differences if I was to replace them with other fans like Be Quiet or the Noctua?

Attached: 1525081984504.png (1000x1000, 1.03M)

Wait the door opens? Why does everyone care so much about mesh then? Just open the door nigga. HAHAHA

This nigga should put a lamp on his head. He so bright.

Just open the door, prob better temps than swapping the fans.

Is your airflow front-to back?
Is the temp-RPM response in order?
Maybe add another fan on the bottom.
t. R6 owner.

No temperature difference. It might be slightly quieter but the stock fans are good already.

The stock FD fans are actually pretty good. I've compared them to a pair of Noctua NF-P14s and they were about the same.

block this so the fans don't recycle air from the inside the case and can just suck in new

Attached: Untitled.png (1000x1000, 840K)

>Noctua
why would you put the brown soi-fan in your PC user? Dont' do that.

Attached: zybg1vu82nf21.png (817x798, 92K)

>>Wait the door opens? Why does everyone care so much about mesh then?
because why have the door if you're just going to keep it open

try finding 4 pin fans that can push a larger amount of air at the same speed as the current fans

Because you aren't always pushing your pc at high load.

Because their customer service is top notch and their fans has a nice sound signature. Like air flowing., without motor noise.. not too low pitch or high. Nicely tuned.
Noctua make black and grey fans. I bet you have RGB everywhere in your case.

Better fans will cool SLIGHTLY better but be more silent.
If it's not noisy, keep the fans.

Or put 3 120mm instead of those 140mm.

Because it's a sane case for people of taste, and not some acrylic plastic case with muh LED and pride colors?

>Wait the door opens? Why does everyone care so much about mesh then? Just open the door nigga. HAHAHA
If the door is open theres no dust filteration

I bought 50$ aftermarket dust filters from demciflex to my corsair 760t case

Attached: 71.jpg (645x395, 23K)

can you lock the door?

Dust filters just slow airflow anyways.

Thats why I put extra 2 x 140mm fans in the case, have room for extra 120mm still but cpu never goes above 70c even under 100% load

Quality static pressure may help a bit

I don't know how their new fans are, but I had a Define R4 until just the other day and the Silent Series R2 fans that came with that were very underwhelming. They had a tendency to click or whirr at certain RPMs and moved noticeably less air than the NF-A14s that I replaced them with (even at the same RPM). Underwhelming static pressure too, which is what you need with these closed-front cases with small vents and a dust filter blocking the airflow.

I've heard good things about Silent Wings 3s, but I've never owned any, personally.

>Because it's a sane case for people of taste, and not some acrylic plastic case with muh LED and pride colors?
Fractal's cases have tons of ugly plastic elements though. The entire front door and cover are plastic. It used to look even more cheap and nasty before they had the idea of glueing a thin sheet of aluminium on top of the plastic door.

when will fractal case support 200mm super fans?

Never, since Fractal don't make them and they always populate their cases with their own fans. They're a gimmick anyway and don't offer any real benefit over 140mm fans for PC case cooling, since they have absolutely terrible static pressure and so are choked by any sort of dust filter and panel in front of them. You might as well just take your side panel off and point a desk fan at it.

then when will someone bring out a competing silent case with support for 200mm super fans?

>expecting case manufacturers to make everything metal then sell you the case for cheap

No, the R6 ranks terribad in temperatures and airflow from the GamersNexus Tests.

If you want airflow you should be looking at the Define S2 or the Meshify C.

Attached: cpu_all.png (813x910, 107K)

It's 1.6 degrees higher than the meshify and .9 degrees better than the Define s2 according to that picture.
How is that terribad?

It's 6 degrees higher than the new Define S2 Meshify stock and 10 degrees higher than the Define S2 Meshify with no foam.

Yeah but you explicitly said to get the Meshify C or Define S2.
Did you do a stupid?

There's a removable dust filter in front of the fans on R6, not on the side vents.

Yeah, I keep getting the Define S2, Define S2 Meshify and Define Meshify/C mixed up.

>have a fractal Design R6
Sorry to learn of that. I hope you get a better case soon.
If you like I'll karate chop the salesman in the throat for selling that shit to you

I'll be getting an R6 this year for my new build. Will be putting in 2x 140mm BeQuiet in the front, 1 on the bottom and 1 as exhaust.

I have 3HDDs so I want a case with good HDD support. I'm also considering the Phanteks P600S after I see a GN review of it.

R6 has great silence with decent-good airflow, which is what I'm after, plus aesthetics.

Attached: DR6 side.jpg (1000x1000, 496K)

Attached: DR6.jpg (1000x1000, 352K)

R5 mustard race desu

Replace that front panel's mesh with something like pic related.

Attached: 900d_front_grill_case_gaming_pc_mod_mnpctech_diy9h.jpg (800x600, 414K)

Looks gorgeous. Fuck you utilitarian assholes who want a shitbox for muh gayrflow, I want this bad boy on my desk!

no and there's no point in doing so anyways because you can just pop the front panel off since it's just held on by plastic clips. Don't see why you would even want one on an ATX case in the first place

>I/O Panel on the top
>I want this bad boy on my desk

Attached: 1465759226963.jpg (362x346, 38K)

duh just extend your arm and use it, I ignore my front panel because everything I need is at the back, on the motherboard. Front panels are only for people who keep their cases on the ground, away from them.

the patrician location for your computer is in a seperate room.

nah my computer is my girl, I keep her beside me on the desk. She has a name and all, I have a separate name for my OS. So it's like the hardware and the software are two different chicks.

From someone that went from an Arc Midi R2 to a Define R6, I was pretty underwhelmed with the new case. Transferred everything between cases and kept the same 2 intakes 1 exhaust layout, the manual fan curves I had set up were not enough to maintain good airflow in the Define, and had to crank them a couple hundred rpm higher (600 to ~800rpm), which put both at effectively the same noise levels.

Are you retarded?

Well yeah, the internal size is much larger with more space for air to disperse.
I think the R6 suffers from only have 2x140 in the front or 3x120, I think a 2x140s on the front and one on the bottom is really needed for good airflow

I've been keen on a new Arc Midi but they never announce products in development

>the internal size is much larger
Not that much larger, the R6 is a bit deeper but that's it. In fact IIRC the Arc is a tiny bit taller, might check when I get home, repurposed the Arc for a homeserver/homelab.
I was waiting for a new Arc as well, but since I never tried a sound dampened case before, I decided not to wait anymore and give the Define a shot. And honestly after this, next time I look for a case, sound dampening will not be a factor to consider. Factors like build quality and panel thickness play a much larger role in noise levels.
Oh btw, the Define was fantastic for discovering just how much I despise non removable psu shrouds, installing the psu was a lot tougher than I thought it would be, and even tougher when I had to remove it to swap a dying one.

Shoulda bought a S2

>Design S2
It only has a pathetic 3x3.5" drive slots while the Define R6 can hold up to 11x3.5".

Attached: 1545554400513.png (652x792, 629K)

Attached: 1526683018052.png (2000x1500, 3.18M)

Replace them with Delta and you'll see temperature difference

there's actually a grey version of most of their fans that are cheaper but doesn't come with the extra y-splitter accessories