So with 1ms 144hz ips monitors coming out soon and with that plus 4k being the current end goal whats next...

So with 1ms 144hz ips monitors coming out soon and with that plus 4k being the current end goal whats next? 8k seems pointless, especially for the next few years. Hdr? Micro led (whats even happening with it?)?
I also hope the curved gimmick gets dropped

Attached: 182037-633977-cropped-full.jpg (461x337, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BlQT0R_jEoA
youtu.be/R2WP5nLFMk8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_70_mm_films
youtube.com/watch?v=7HaJArMDKgI&
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm waiting for 16K
if you shoot or photograph on 35mm film.
anything less is insufficient,

>film
In this day and age why?

There are actually technical reasons why. This comedian doesn't even scrape the surface.
youtube.com/watch?v=BlQT0R_jEoA

Because film is kino.

>Louie CucK
No thanks.

Curved is fucking cancer
Not interested in TN
IPS is trash because of shit blacks blb and ips glow throw in some non existent quality control and thats a nope from me
Every single Va monitor in aus is fucking curved
I guess no one wants my money?

Catching up the TVs I guess. HDR on PCs is a total shitshow, so are color profiles. 4k is the standard on TV already and they're about to get HDMI 2.1 while most monitors don't even use DP 1.4. MLED probably won't come anywhere near monitors for ages. It's going to be smartwatches and tiny shit first, because at that size it's trivial to fabricate it on a semiconductor fab. Then TVs when companies finally get robots good enough to manually place the LEDs on 55" and above. 10-40" is a deadzone and there's no money in it anyway. Laptops maybe but the market has really stagnated. Monitors, lol no.

Buying a 2019 LG OLED is probably going to be the biggest step up if you want a really good monitor. They're claiming they'll support the full HDMI 2.1 spec, which no GPU supports yet but you'll be future proof and ready for 4k @120hz, but you can enjoy 1440p @ 120hz until then. Not to mention OLED typically has

So.. what DO you have?

What do you mean user?

BenQ GW2270

1ms 240hz MicroLED G-Sync certified FreeSync monitors when

32 inch 720p tv, im ready to upgrade but nothing out there interests me, i would rather stick to VA but curved screens dont float my boat
Seriously thinking of just biting the bullet on a 27 inch tn

Your eyes can't even see above 24hz
I bet you listen to flac files too

There are a crop of new gen TN panels that offer the benefits of TN and close to the color richness of IPS. Take this for example:
youtu.be/R2WP5nLFMk8

IPS is good in a dark room and you don't look at the edges

>coming out soon
I've had hone for a long time.

>can't even see above 24hz
Then why did the Hobbit movies look like shit?

I’m not that user but is that true? I thought the maximum was 60fps you could see

>blb and ips glow
Same thing tardus

Kek $500 and up, edges look like shit
Va>tn>ips

whatever gimmick sony adds to the ps5 to move both consoles and tvs
other tv makers will have to follow suit

I live not that far from Hollywood where there is a movie theater that shows some 70mm.

Instead of paying $20 for a movie ticket it would be nice once we have 16K monitors to see some of these films at home the way they were shot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_70_mm_films

>HDR on PCs
physically impossible until recently to get the needed backlight zone control fine enough on monitor screen sizes, no games worth mentioning are HDR and people prefer watching media on big screens which have HDR anyway

>most monitors don't even use DP 1.4
no shit, monitors aren't going to have inputs to allow refresh rate and resolution combos that the panel is incapable of anyway

If you really want 4k @ 144hz, you can get a $900 acer XV273K, which has such basic HDR it's useless in practice, but it's a 4ms VA panel. OLED is and always will be a meme for desktop use until they figure out how to slow burn in to the point it doesn't matter, and by then micro/nanoLED will be better anyway. More 4k 144hz panels are supposed to be releasing this year too which should drop prices a little

>IPS is good in a dark room
It can only be worse in

>2019 LG OLED is probably going to be the biggest step up if you want a really good monitor

It's like you are reading a spec sheet and don't even consider why we don't use OLED monitors already and then come with the most ridiculous assertions.

>doesn't even scrape the surface.
You're right. All he did was describe how much worse film is than digital.

>OLED
lol no thanks. Samsung/LG can barely manage to make a 6.4" OLED with no color gradient. How can they or LG manage to make a 27" panel with good color uniformity?

I'm convinced all the people complaining about shitty TN/IPS/VA monitors are buying the cheapest shit.
The difference in color and contrast of cheap and expensive/quality TN panels is staggering.
The difference between cheap and expensive IPS panels is huge, and you're less likely to get BLB (and if you do, you replace it.)

My IPS looks great in the dark, almost no BLB and no visible glow. I only had to return 1 other IPS monitor before getting (and keeping) this one.

>blb and ips glow
same thing retard

>all those non-reasons

Another thread where nincompoops call IPS shit for no reason

I don't see why consumers give a single fuck about 4k. It's a pointless bullshit fad that is literally not visible to discern the difference off. The only place higher resolutions have is in professional film making and professional projection.

What I would rather have is something energy efficient and just a general improvement. The same kinds of incremental improvements get made all the time. Nobody needs 8k anime tiddies. But everyone could use bright clear tiddies with deep blacks and low power consumption.

>"i'm a fucking retard that thinks every monitor in the world is viewed from 6ft like my setup, i have bad eyesight so only want 90 dpi, and big screens are stupid since i only go on facebook anyway" the post

Attached: 1271508885175.png (657x557, 40K)

No, BLB is a quality control issue more prominent among IPS than TN/VA due to the way IPS functions. IPS glow is something that happens on all IPS monitors and TVs, it just depends if you care about it enough. Personally I can't stand IPS glow at all so I stick to TN even if it has slightly worse colors.

You can easily tell the difference, if you have a 4K TV or monitor, use this video and try out 1080 vs 4K:

youtube.com/watch?v=7HaJArMDKgI&

Same here. Sony Bravia 32" via VGA

>all OLED TVs are 4k, they're among the best HDR displays, and they have perfect FALD
>and they have perfect FALD

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 97K)

still a better resolution than any digital recording method

bait?

>If you really want 4k @ 144hz, you can get a $900 acer XV273K

Looking closely at the specs freesync is only supported @ 4k up to 120hz. Still I've been waiting a long time for a monitor like this. Still think it's too early to pull the trigger unless you're balling out of control. The hardware necessary to push these displays won't be out for a LONG time but these will be great for general desktop usage.

Not all of us are blind brah. There are 163ppi of 27" at 4k resolution. My galaxy s9 is fucking 570ppi. Honestly I don't think 5k is excessive which is precisely why apple is making 5k 27" displays standard.

cope

>The only place higher resolutions have is in professional film making and professional projection.
I play war thunder air battles and I can tell after only having 27" 1440p screen for a week its much better for spotting aircraft and even discerning their orientation is much easier on bigger higher resolution screen than on my old 24" 1080p

Attached: Homer_on_liuotinnarkoosissa.jpg (778x528, 69K)

>not interested in TN
Why? Modern, high quality TN panels have the same colors as VA and IPS without the glow of IPS or the smearing/ghosting of VA.
The only thing they lack is good viewing angles, but who the fuck cares unless you need absolute perfect color accuracy for work.

I use a dell s2719dgf TN for gaymen and have an acer k272hul IPS as secondary. The TN is very similar in colors to my IPS.

>t. troll or retard

Something like monitors in the 300-600+ Hz range would be nice.

It would be great if we could abolish screen tearing

You'll still get screen tearing at 600hz if theres no synching

What about VR or holographic tech

This is a nice application. Don't get your hopes up.

*niche. Pardon me.