Why wouldn't you be able to use a small solar panel to help power your PC using the light from your monitor?

Why wouldn't you be able to use a small solar panel to help power your PC using the light from your monitor?
It wouldn't be able to power the system completely but based of some brain math it could provide 50%-70% of the power needed.
At the same time it would help the environment by reusing energy...

This is a quick diagram i made.

Attached: Untitled.png (1131x722, 49K)

Based on some brain math I can tell that you have no idea what you're talking about.

another bright mind from /g

Yes but it isn't economic

I guess Jow Forums is full of "tfw too intelligent to pay attention in science and math classes" kind of people.

>but based of some brain math it could provide 50%-70% of the power needed.
That is several magnitudes off.

that won't work at all

since the solar panels are at a 45 degree angle, they won't capture enough light. the panels need to be parallel to the screen.

not efficient

since the light gets used up when you look at the screen, the solar panel would only work when you're not looking at the screen, making it useless

>not overclocking your intel cpu, boiling water over the flames from your burning house and using the steam to drive a turbine

You'll get maybe 15mW if the only light is from a pair of 27 inch displays at reasonable brightness for a dim room. With the lights on you might get a whopping 100-200mW
A typical computer uses 200,000mW. Have fun.

It will make much better use if you put it on the roof of your house

Attached: 1519472011844.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

its like someone stole direct exhaust injection from

that's dumb. just put a solar panel on your wall and stick a uv lamp in front of it.

GENIUS
Too bad I'm gonna patent that before you do

>based of some brain math
Only if you're brainless...

I personally prefer the troll science format, OP.

Attached: .jpg (637x634, 46K)

based

Attached: flyinh.jpg (600x445, 32K)

These memes are my childhoold.

while this isn't going to achieve the level of efficiency to make it at all worth it, it's at the very least possible to use this method to waste less energy

even if it's reusing a very small amount of energy that's more than nothing

the real problem, OP, is that if you want to save energy then the amount of energy it takes to make the solar panel is greater than whatever amount you'll reuse in your lifetime

Came to shitpost some /b/ troll science too. Good stuff m8

>>INFINE ENERGY, THIS IS IT. user HAS DONE IT

Who needs fusion when we can utilize the immense physic energy of this manlet's mind

Attached: 1523015941578.png (1014x1024, 871K)

a conservative estimate would be 0.5%, if at all

Just put a solar panel in your window. I can run my laptop, light and speakers on a 50w panel with batteries attached when it's not winter.

Wouldn't the solar panel just work at half strength since at 45 degree the surface area for light to hit is halved?

the only way that shit's powering 50-70% of your computer if it the panel is capable of absorbing stupid ideas

Your idea is bad. Everyone knows that magnets are the best way to get free energy.
>pro tip: you can also stretch you hard drive with magnets to increase its storage capacity

Attached: images(4).jpg (622x493, 47K)

You can laugh at me now but I'll be a millionaire before the year is over...

This post is more appropriate in the fortnite general with the rest of the zoomers

Include me in the screencap

Does it affect rotational velocidensity?

>but based of some brain math it could provide 50%-70% of the power needed.
your math is FUCKED

This is almost as legendary as the dude who tried to teach himself physics by fucking up customers' orders.

Attached: 1549477570291.png (841x301, 81K)

Feynmann method at its finest

Attached: 1535580550273.png (707x786, 141K)

wow this is one of the saddest posts ive read on Jow Forums

Why not use the heat generated by my PC components as thermal energy to "feed back" into my PC?

>he doesnt have a stirling engine connected to his pc

that was a fun thread

Attached: retard-helmet.png (1046x1112, 558K)

Attached: file.png (1191x816, 232K)

I love these memes. It's amazing all the ways nature manages to outsmart us and always conserve energy no matter what you do.

isn't this an actual thing though? how else would we get our electricity if not through magnets

it's just a matter of sufficiently refining the design

you just outed this as bait. come to think of it, it was clear all along this was bait.

This works. I actually do this. Only difference is, I stick the solar panel outside so the sun hits it, providing a gazillion times more power. Also, I have the flexibility to run other shit when my monitor is turned off.

Have you considered detaching the sail from a sail boat and sewing it to your trousers so when you fart it drives the boat?

Actually yes. Since a stretched hard drive has also more room, the bits will receive more fresh air which prevents them from rotting.
I love how magnets are literally a solution to everything. I just wish we knew how they work.

>For example I was trying to memorise if an atom or a molecule is smaller
Why the fuck would you ever need to memorize that?

This is kinda how a squirrel cage induction motor works.

a squirrel isn't a magnet

Attached: 1540254807306.png (389x386, 312K)

If you had taken Physics 101, you'd know why your idea is bad. God, why do people sleep in clsss?

Use a physician's head mirror, and replace the mirror part with a solar collector. This allows for maximum angle of light conversion.

Attached: physician_head_mirror.png (760x574, 751K)

Top 10 scientists that changed the world

Yeah, well that's like your opinion man

Just connect connect cpu heatsink to a heat to ac converter, then converter into psu

why cant i use brownian motion on a one way ratchet to produce free energy?

50-70% brainlet

Also this thread op, guaranteed (You)s

Just put Solar and a battery on your house you dip.

Even if we had solar panels that could somehow get back to close to 100% of the light emitted by the monitor in ideal conditions you still have a human blocking the light with their eyeballs and upper torso.

If you don't have the human i would just recommend you turn the monitor off.

heh