Why is open source so amateurish in comparison to proprietary software?

Attached: opensource vs professional software.png (994x1176, 577K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Kunzisoft/KeePassDX/issues/62#issuecomment-376498225
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sweet, sweet investor buckaroos

Nice generalization there OP, tell me more hot and astonishing arguments.

Always trust someone with an anime or cartoon avatar over some soulless corporate drone

It doesn't take any cent to upload a decent picture and write a short personal summary instead of just showing a Naturo avatar or a fucking bleeding statue. Do you feel you can trust your passwords to their software?

I don't see why it matters, as long as the software itself is good. I like KeePassXC more than LastPass. It offers the same functionality, except it's free. I have more respect for the KeePassXC team.

because open source is judged based on merit, and corporate shit os all about "signalling"

see If you aren't going to make any effort to make your "team" look presentable and reliable, why even create that page? You won't be able to convince any sensible boss to use their software over the proprietary alternative.

Why aren't you using LastPass, user?

Attached: file.png (500x534, 225K)

This. Fucking corpos are all just doing the bare minimum to get the job they want. Weeaboo NEETlords are doing what they think is right with all of their might.

>a fucking bleeding statue
It's a joke you moron, and a pretty good one too

Because it's a fucking open source project, anyone can contribute so long as their work is good.
And the people on the right are corporate suits, internally, the devs probably use avatars and shit for their git service or whatever.

>log me in
AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>keepass links to shit they've done
>lastpass talks about how much corporate dick they've sucked
I wonder who is better at what they do

I didn't even noticed all the text before you pointed it out

explain joke then. t. non knower

>being against anonymity
Look where you are, retard.

/thread

>open source
>rough exterior belies superior software core

>proprietary
>lol we hired a photographer to make us look impressive and stiffed him on the bill xD now buy our botnet

why aren't you posting this on facebook then?

>womyn

>5 Lastpass people in management positions
That's legitimately probably more people than they have that actually develope the software.

wtf I love keepass now

Because it's literally amateur. Nothing wrong with that.

On the left is the team that actually created the software and on the right a bunch of people with high ranking corporate positions.

LastPass is fucking garbage.

What the fuck does being in charge of innovation even mean?

>Incel and weebs vs roasties and boomer.

Top 10 anime battles

sure, let's bet our money to weebs

being this delusional ugghh

b̶ͅa̵̱͘s̷̳̕e̵̘̒d̶̤͝ ̸̼̒a̵̱͘ǹ̷̳d̵̰͝ ̵̡̾r̵̞̉ḛ̴d̴̞͐pḭ̷̒l̷̬̉l̷̬̉e̶̹͂d̶̐

so autocomplete on phones, login via fingerprint insta capture of logins when signing up and save with a single click, etc, etc ?

I would say you don't know what you're talking about.

see to understand you as well don't know what you're talking about

Here's a redpill that's hard to swallow: If the majority (>90%) of your open source project isn't developed by a single dude, it's all but guaranteed to be shit.

Attached: 1549480821913.png (1064x564, 502K)

I would rather see their githubs than some made up shit they take from someone LinkedIn.

Yep, the Naruto guy is probably someone you sure as hell want to be around more than some asshole in a suit.

god Jow Forums is so out of touch with reality... get a job fucking neets

>why is free software not professional software

dumbest post of all time

Because it's suppose to be a hobby, not a business

I like how nobody can argue against what I said. Open source really is shit.

KeePassXC (desktop) supports login capture and save with single click
KeePass DX (mobile) supports autocomplete and auth with fingerprint

>Do you feel you can trust your passwords to their software?
>open source
i dont have to feel it i can check it dumbass

XC also supports autocomplete on desktop, obviously

based and redpilled
basé et rougepilule
baseado e vermelhopilulado
baseado y rojoempastillado
baseddo to akai pirudu

This is all possible with KeePassXC/DX.

uh oh

Attached: 1529845728390.png (617x677, 84K)

Is this supposed to be impressive? Bitwarden does all that and is open source and unlike Lastpass it doesn't leave its browser addons that aren't for Chrome in a state of disrepair.

It's a young David with a nosebleed, depending on your take it may imply a)he got punched in the face (possibly by Goliath) b)he's overworked c)it's the bleeding nose anime trope, which would make it a bizarre anime avatar

Not when that anime is Naruto trash. Besides, Alison Durant looks like she does hardcore anal and I see no kikes or shitskins on the LastPass team. LastPass is based and redpilled.

Dont use it then OP or write your own that is better.. or kys

just donated some bux to erai-raws. fuck cartel.

>LastPass is based and redpilled.
is this what it looks like when normalfags try to emulate us?

>ugghh
nice bait my friend

lmao

github.com/Kunzisoft/KeePassDX/issues/62#issuecomment-376498225

at the price of a way worse experience and usability, thanks, I prefer to spend 35 bucks a year and have safe and perfectly working system with no quirks and 5 minutes setup

it's to alienate fags like you. seem to be working the way it was intended to.

I don't know who he is but I can suppose he's a greasy weeb? good for you, he might send you one of his piss bottles to give something back... fingers crossed!

It's a reference to JoJo part 5 opening.

not sure about piss bottles but they sure are fast at subbing currently airing anime. in like 8 different languages, too. that's real nice.

Attached: iinchou.jpg (507x464, 25K)

it's an reference

>moving the goalpost this hard
Just enable the special KeePassDX keyboard and done, autofill fast and easy. Anyways, it's not KeePassDX's fault that pajeets can't properly make passwords fields.

>safe
see

okay maybe more

Attached: lol.png (902x478, 35K)

>I prefer to spend 35 bucks a year

Attached: 1537847549854.png (680x991, 190K)

Attached: file.png (730x264, 34K)

current version is 2.5.0.0beta18 so already fixed, lmao
lastpass shill btfo

You don't get to a position like that without being an anal queen

>(((Wagner)))
>(((Zadelhoff)))
>(((Herediech)))

Attached: 0.jpg (959x905, 22K)

As a dude that makes everything myself, while making big improvements every day, I have to agree.

> easy solution, just prive yourself of better solutions and use our shitty keyboard

yeah, no

>moving the goalpost even further
>for an issue that was fixed several releases ago
kys shill

You are talking about people who wrote some piece of software because they had a particular niche they needed to fill and then left it on the internet in the misguided belief that anyone else would contribute to their shitty software.
These people are ultimately lazy and never finish what they start, so "free" software ends up being complete ass.
Proprietary software turns out to be good because money is usually a strong motivation for people to finish a job, especially on-time.

I'd much rather trust those lads on the left with my passwords than those ugly KIKES on the right.

Yeah, I will totally trust this shit.

Attached: Logging1.png.jpg (799x553, 54K)

When people are given the choice, they choose to not be as stuffy and formal as corporate office culture.

That this isn't obvious to you suggests that you have autism. I'm afraid the only cure is to euthanize yourself.

Imagine the smell of her braps. Permanent cum smell

for

this, freetards never gather en masse

Attached: 1548052005871.png (352x199, 6K)

Because most open-source devs are amateurs. Because they'd rather make a good product than get rich.

Ones on the left know what they're doing

Ones on the right are generic suits

you need to give a shit to do that shit
people who work in open source usually don't give as much of a shit as corporate fucks to appearances

also, those on the left are coders, aren't they? 3 out of 5 on the right are just corporate overlords

fpbp

Broadly speaking open source software tends to be more "egotistical" and less user oriented because, let's be honest, it's more often than not created to scratch a particular itch. Payed for software tends to be more user oriented because otherwise it doesn't sell - with a big caveat: At large corporations that's often driven to an unhealthy extreme by marketing with little care for tech. quality. Which btw. is why I generally strongly prefer smaller companies' software and try to stay away from MS, Apple, etc.

Attached: no.jpg (512x960, 87K)

windows vs linux is clear cut case of why proprietary is superior

ease of use is everything

HOLY DOG SHIT!
WE CODING BROS!

Your definition of "ease of use" seems fairly broad.

I doubt the average codemonkey for lastpass/logmein has a pompous page like the overlords have

this desu

Attached: blinking.gif (500x274, 660K)

I know someone who works at LogMeIn. Theyre going through layoffs right now. Buckle your seats, boys

This
Anime avatars and pseudonyms are the guarantors of good software, unironically

DUDE FUCK THAT SHIT!
WE CODING!

Left: People that actually write code
Right: People that couldn't fizzbuzz if their life depended on it

FUCK!
WE CODING BROS!

botnet

based

/thread

Keepass2Android does all of that on Mobile
KeepassXC does all of that on a PC
You can even keep the sync stuff without botnet using Syncthing

>pople on the right want to jew you out of shekels
>people on the left want to securely store troves of lolis

I know who I'd trust.

Attached: 155589806300.png (372x539, 280K)

Woah, those are some big opinions you've got there, Mr. Original Poster.
Unfortunately, since you're just some anonymous shill at a Tibetan mountain climbing website, I'll have to disregard it completely.
If you want your opinions taken seriously, please come back with your full resumé and two letters of recommendation. And don't forget a picture of yourself wearing an expensive suit.

Left
People who will give every excuse in the book as to why shit is broken and none functioning such gems include
>I do this as a hobby
>HRR DURRR DO IT U SELF
>I don't have the time to finish it i am going on holiday
>IT IS OPEN SOURCE BUT DON'T YOU FUCKIN DARE USE OUR CODE WITHOUT JUMPING THROUGH OUR HOOPS AND NOT GIVING US OUR ASS PATS AND ATTENTION ON TWITTER
Right
People who answer to money and have real consequences involved if a product fails or is a broken.

>brazilian flag, which means that there is only brPT, and not ptPT

Fuck Alberto Barbosa in the ass.

>left
programmers who made the software

>right
con artists who barely know how their product works