LED lighting

>LED lighting
>good

Attached: led.png (807x436, 57K)

At least it's not a fluorescent lamp.

Attached: lamp_spectral_50.jpg (613x444, 55K)

now provide arguments as to why it's bad

High chance to suffer metamerism (a big difference when looking at the same color in two different lights). Only an issue if color accuracy is important, though.

so basically it's only somewhat unfit for professional, color-critical spaces, but perfectly fine for casual use?

Attached: what-does-it-mean.jpg (640x366, 40K)

LED's emit UV light.

As far as I know, yes. As long as you have a decent light, the color rendering will be okay. I have seen some really cheap lights that you could easily see everything was wrong under that. Even white was greenish or purplish.

Ultraviolet is under 400 nm. There's very little power emission under 400 nm in that graph. Anyways, why would you want to avoid UV? Daylight has a lot of it.

Attached: CIE_illuminants_D_and_blackbody_small.gif (237x187, 193K)

>t. Incandescent boomer

And daylight causes cancer if you haven't heard

There's no point comparing sunlight with indoors light. The intensity difference is huge.

I don't go to /sci/ a lot, what does these mean?

All typical home light sources emit insignificant amounts of UV light, including LEDs, fluorescents, halogen, incandescents, gas lamps, candles and fireplaces.

Attached: LampSpectra.gif (525x431, 13K)

The x axis is the wavelength of light. The y axis is how much of that particular wavelength is emitted. "pure white" light is flat and has an equal amount of all the wavelengths. Most Lighting technology has peaks at specific wavelengths for various reasons.

>sunlight is flat

please fuck off retard

Attached: Solar_spectrum_en.svg.png (1280x960, 136K)

Re read what I said and sit in your embarrassment.

>why would you want to avoid UV exposure to your eyes and skin
>especially at night

Find some free time and look at the sun for 10 minutes you colossal faggot.

He said white light not sunlight you fucking sperg. Learn to read.

As I said here:
There's no point comparing sunlight with indoors light. The intensity difference is huge. Are you mentally challenged?

i thought halogen and incandescent had the same color
That said, OPs 300K is a lot smoother than i thought
still, fuck LED, only good old fashioned filament in my most frequented room

Those are meant for highest possible output intensity. If you care about color reproduction, get LEDs made for it.

Attached: yujivtc.png (1057x719, 119K)