This thing is wonderful for school. I'm a nursing major and this thing is light weight and incredible with battery...

This thing is wonderful for school. I'm a nursing major and this thing is light weight and incredible with battery. Thinkpads are great for mostly stationary work, but the Chromebook is literally king for college students. Pic related only 180 bucks.

Attached: 61voSgb-dIL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 20K)

>Chromebook
kys

Go get educated, you fucking neet.

Jow Forums shits on Chromebooks because they're just salty that Gentoo was only brought to the front because of Google's effort in making ChromeOS. I have a 2015 model Toshiba CB2. Mine was considered a "higher end" model at launch for $300. Got a gorgeous 13.3" 1080p IPS screen. Still get 12+ hours on a single charge, and guaranteed updates until 2020.

By the way if you're looking to see how long your model will get updates, Google has an entire page with the list of companies and models and their expiration date.

Chromebook is clearly a laptop for a very specific use, but, for a majority of college students it's fantastic and portable. If you're a tech or engineering major, then absolutely grab a ThinkPad. But, for normalfags like myself, it's a God send.

Actually you'd be surprised. I was a network admin major and brought a Chromebook every day to class. 99% of the time we were learning from the book, or lessons on the board. If we needed to do VM work, it was for home, and I have a vastly more powerful desktop with 4K screen etc. Having more specs in a laptop is nice, but I personally prefer the longer battery life.

Please ban this retarded fuck

>chromecuck
kys

i'm running arch on a samsung chromebook3 with a fully flashed bios. it works well. battery lasts forever. only gripe is the size of the onboard storage.

>male
>nursing major

Not smart enough to be a doctor eh?

just not black enough

Jewish*

> nursing major
learn to code

This is blatant advertising

>Chromebook is literally king for college students
Can this shit run Windows XP?

08:00 - 10:00 have to use numpy
10:00 - 12:00 have to use Ftool, Sap2000, Steelframe
14:00 - 16:00 have to use Autocad, Revit and Sketchup
16:00 - 18:00 have to use Geoavaliar/Sisreg/Sisren and some proprietary banking software that's incredible slow and writen only for Windows XP

I'd rather be able to get employed instead of having some pajeet take my job for pennies.

I bought one for the express purpose of using Teamviewer. $150 over the holidays, barebones Dell. Does exactly what I need it to do.

No. They are niche products and really useless for most tasks. A used, off lease business machine is better value as it can actually be used for more than just browsing the web. ChromeOS gives off a very "half baked" feel

It's meant for documenting, researching subjects and portability. Not for raw computing power or cpu intensibe tasks.

you just a shit spec laptop
shit spec lap.... top...
(unless you a Pixelbook or some shit, in which case, you an expensively useless laptop)
AND I ask again.. are they still developing ChromeOS, or it gonna get merged with android? And when?

It's still being supported and what the fuck are you smoking that it would merge with a mobile os?

Here's how I know you're not a nursing major: My university has strict computer hardware requirements for students in its nursing program due to the software they are required to use. At minimum a dual-core processor is needed, 8GB of RAM, a sizeable amount of storage (I think 250GB minimum), and most importantly an ethernet connection, where Mac users have to purchase an official Apple dongle to use. So fuck off with your Chromebook.

have you seen the Chrome 'Store'? reminds me of Shortages in Soviet Era Russia, or the latter days of Windows Mobile App Store. If it supports android apps (and dont say it dont/wont) theres now fuck all reason to develop solely for Chrome OS (idk how diff they are desu, but must be some, otherwise, be more Chrome apps), and logically, theres even less reason not to just merge.

>Gentoo laptop with Google branding, chrome and restricted control
Fuck off

It's bait ya dingus

I can see Chromebooks being fine for college work, but i think i couldn't survive without a more powerful computer at home.

>chromebook
fuck off with your mobile chrome browser dick face